Need help to translate intro to The Jungle Book from Italian

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
trondmm

Need help to translate intro to The Jungle Book from Italian

Post by trondmm »

Hi.

Can anybody help me translate this introduction to "The Jungle Book" from Italian?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH2OP9PqqFI

I have parts of this introduction in English, but it's missing the end.
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Need help to translate intro to The Jungle Book from Ita

Post by DVDBuff1 »

Shouldn't this be in the Disney Discussion board?
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

Hi trondmm! :) I'll give this a shot. However, do note that I am not Italian, so my translation may not be perfect. We had a couple of native Italian users here but I haven't seen a post by either in about a year, so I don't know if they still visit.

Here goes ...
The YouTube Video wrote:Jiminy Cricket: "Now that you have relived a number of unforgettable classics, we would like to conclude our UNKNOWN with something a bit more unconventional. So, here it is!"

"It's right here." Jiminy gestures at the spotlight.

"Oh, um ... Psst! Psst! Hey! Tinkerbell! The last UNKNOWN. Quickly!"

A glittery book appears.

"Thank you Tinkerbell! You know there's nothing better than good old magic dust!" (Yes, he says "magic dust" not "pixie dust". :P )

"Well folks, here is a truly lively film - the Disney adaptation of Rudyard Kipling's famous novel, The Jungle Book. We will soon be entering the jungle, but first I want to remind you of the characters you hold dear. This is Bagheera the black panther. And this one here is Mowgli the man-cub. Ho ho! And this is Baloo the swingin' bear! Go Baloo!"

Baloo: "You just need to remember that ..."
OK, so there were two words I couldn't make out.

"E vogliamo completare la nostra strena con qualcosa di ezotico."

I keeping hearing "strena" there but I'm pretty sure it's not a word. I looked it up on Google Translate to make sure and it mistook it for Bulgarian! I would expect Jiminy to mean that he would like to conclude the broadcast or the programme. "Scheda" comes to mind but I can't make out any k or d sounds in the recording!

"Campanellino! L'ultimo brano. Fa presto!"

The missing word sounds like "brano" to me, which means "passage", but it doesn't seem to make sense in context, so I may be mishearing it ...

Btw, loving the Retequattro logo! :) In the 1990s the logo was still very much like that - simple and unshaded (though not skewed).
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^^ Whoa, great job, Julian!!!!! Sono estremamente colpito! Jiena impressjonat immens!

Here is that clip in English (but not to take away at all what Julian did, because I really am extremely impressed!!! <3):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbWJcn04Uso (unless this is the clip you've already seen that you said is missing the end...)
trondmm

Post by trondmm »

DVDBuff1 wrote:Shouldn't this be in the Disney Discussion board?
Yeah, you're right.

I originally intended to write a bit about the christmas episode itself, and how it's changed over the years. So, it seemed to fit in the TV-forum. However, I changed my mind, and decided to get straight to the point instead.

Anyway - thank you for moving it to the right place.
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

blackcauldron85 wrote:^^ Whoa, great job, Julian!!!!! Sono estremamente colpito! Jiena impressjonat immens!
Thank you so much Ames. :D The last bit was a lovely touch! I don't think I've made reference to my native tongue here in many years.

EDIT: Just watched the English language version you provided and I am surprised by how much the Italian version differs from the original dialogue! At least now I know that Jiminy Cricket meant to say 'gift' when addressing Tinkerbell. I wonder if the word I heard as "brano" was actually "regalo" ...