Disney International 4K

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
universALLove
Collector's Edition

Disney International 4K

Post by universALLove »

A lot of 4K Disney Animated titles have been released in North America such as The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast (1991), The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Wreck It Ralph, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Moana and Ralph Breaks the Internet, in addition to the Pixar titles as well. What are the chances of them being released eventually in European/International territories? We’ve had some like Aladdin, The Lion King, Frozen and Toy Story 4 but we’re quite behind. I wonder if it is based on Disney thinking the other titles won’t sale well on the 4K format here or if we will eventually get them in the same way we eventually got films on Blu-Ray that America got before us (The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh / The Great Mouse Detective / Atlantis: The Lost Empire / Home On The Range etc.)
Jules
Diamond Edition

Re: Disney International 4K

Post by Jules »

I'm way too late Nick. :(

I always got the impression that Disney considers Europe a lesser market for 4K UHD, which is why they seem to pick and choose what to release here.

This means one will occasionally (or frequently!) have to import from the USA. This is bad news, since postage costs from Amazon USA to my country have become insane. :( I expect it's a similar story for other European countries.