Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by DC Fan »

The idea of the Disney Villains in thrones is nice but Funko doesn´t take full advantage of it.

-They should actually represent the scene where they are sitting on it.

...as said, Maleficent is always with a scepter and I´m guessing that the throne Hades is sitting on is the one he created in Mount Olympus and there he was drinking a "martini"

...or make them unique in a way. They´re just bland.

-So, Funko will be making thrones for villains that don´t have them? That will be fine. Just asking. Because why make a line this way since there are many that don´t have a throne (either they´re not rulers or even if they are the don´t show them in the movie-Queen of Hearts).

One thing...

I forgot about Sabor!

If/when Funko makes a Tarzan wave. And if Sabor is included? Do you think of him as a villain?

I´m not talking that he is a sidekick-assistant (like Sir Hiss). And yes, he´s just an animal being an animal (not like Monstro that actually wanted to eat Gepetto and Pinocchio because he truly wanted it) but still he is a foe. And in my case I would be getting him. The same way I got Shere Khan and Kaa, Te-Ka and Tamatoa.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Depending on how he looked, I would get Sabor. I do consider him an antagonist, in the same vein as Monstro, the bear from The Fox and the Hound, Glut from The Little Mermaid, the wolves in B&tB, etc. A lot of the animal pops don't turn out good though, imo.

About Monstro, I think of him as simply an animal like the others. I don't think he was villainous in regards to Pinocchio and Geppetto, simply that he was enraged by the fire they started burning his mouth and/or the smoke irritating him. At most, he might be like Lucifer from Cinderella, in the sense that he's smug in his superiority over his prey (he enjoys frightening the other fish we see) and enjoys the fact that the ocean is his own little sandbox where there's no other animal that can compete with him, but he's still ultimately acting on a level below humans.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

^Y'all mean she? Sabor was a lady leopard :-P
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

ProfessorRatigan wrote:^Y'all mean she? Sabor was a lady leopard :-P
I always, for whatever reason, assumed that Sabor is a male; The Disney Wiki says:
Sabor's gender is unknown, but within the Kingdom Hearts universe, Sabor is credited as a male.
However, Sabor was based on the lionesses from the Tarzan novels, so Sabor more likely a female.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Even as a kid, I read Sabor's sleek physique and being feminine. Maybe it was because slinky/sleek made me think of Catwoman from Batman Returns. But, I digress. :lol:
blackcauldron85

I wonder if the filmmakers had a gender in mind! No matter what gender, I would not want to see Sabor near me in the jungle!
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

"While described as male in Kingdom Hearts, the movie does not indicate Sabor's gender, and an interview on the movie with the supervisory animator, Dominique Monféry, refers to Sabor as female."
blackcauldron85

^ Good find! That answers the question, then! Why did the Kingdom Hearts makers not know what the filmmakers had in mind?! :?
Disney's Divinity

The Pop in a Box website has $25 for free shipping this month, so I ended up buying Vanessa + Shang. :pink: I was only one dollar from the mark at that point--aside from an exclusive like this, I would never shop from this place, way overpriced--and so I looked for the lowest thing on the site to just throw on there. I eventually found an X-Men Dorbz for 2.48. :lol: I'll just think of that as shipping costs.

I got Anna's and Elsa's Epilogue Dresses from another site I had a coupon for along with some other things. So now Ratigan in June is the only major pop priority now. :) Hopefully the The Sword in the Stone pops don't come out until September or later. :P You know, sometimes pops coincide with re-releases of the films. I'd love if the TSitS pops were to coincide a Blu-ray re-release of TSitS with the restoration Disney+ viewers talked about.
blackcauldron85

^ I totally forgot that TSitS Pops are on the horizon. Do we have a date yet?
Disney's Divinity

^ Not that I know of. If the TGMD pops aren't coming out until June, I'd expect the TSitS pops to be around August or later, since we haven't even seen pictures of them yet.

I'm really glad I was able to get Vanessa. She looks better in person. I mean, the face, eyebrows, and hair all looked perfect, it was more the body that was kind of meh for me and something about the pose didn't feel like the character. Moving the body around, it looks a little better and it looks really nice next to the Ariel and Ursula pops. :) I like having the Coronation Elsa and Coronation Anna pops next to each other, too. I think Anna did it better, personally. :wink:
blackcauldron85

^ I'm overall happy with my Vanessa Pop, too. Are you talking about the newest Elsa/Anna Pops w/ the outfits from the end of the movie? I like them both equally; I don't have them but I was looking @ them & I think they're both nicely done.
Disney's Divinity

No, I meant these two beside of each other:

I just love Anna’s coronation dress, whereas Elsa’s was always one of her lesser outfits. I suppose Elsa’s coronation dress was intended to seem uncomfortable on purpose though, so it may not be a fair fight. They probably wanted it to look as restrained and uncomfortable as Elsa was feeling inside at the time, to make the difference between that and her snow queen dress during “Let It Go” more stark.

Btw, when did they release this version of Anna called “Formal Dress”?

Definitely want this one, but I haven’t been able to find Kristoff’s matching counterpart though? EDIT: Oh, I’m looking now, this version of Anna is exclusive to Funko Shop…. *sigh* Why couldn’t it have been HotTopic or BoxLunch?
blackcauldron85

^ Thanks for clarifying! I saw that bottom Anna Pop today because it was in my Funko newsletter (or the newsletter brought me to their website and she was there...)...
Disney's Divinity

I saw Funko is making Pride pops (see here). The Hello Kitty one is adorable, looks almost like a gummi bear. :lol: I wish Disney would get on that, but maybe they're too cowardly. The only pop I can think of that I'd purchase this way is Ariel; I love so many Disney characters, but she seems the most appropriate for Pride somehow. She'd look so adorable like this, too. :dance: Sailor Moon would probably be another one that would look really cute, although I'm not sure I'd buy it or not.
blackcauldron85

^ I think that SpongeBob also looks cute there!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Meeko and Flit will be released on Earth Day as a BoxLunch exclusive.
Disney's Divinity

Oh, yay. I haven't seen any pictures, but I can only guess it's similar to the Hei Hei & Pua combo pop. I was hoping they might make a Flounder & Sebastian pop in the same vein as that, too, but they could honestly do that with many sidekick characters!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

These are going to be released:
Evil Queen on Throne.
Jafar on Throne.
Queen of Hearts on Bench.
Disney's Divinity

Good choices. Jafar on his throne especially. I still probably will pass on these since they're flat, but still, nice choices.