DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:52 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Disneyland Resort temporarily closing due to coronavirus:

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/n ... s-outbreak

They are saying that it will last to the end of this month, but I have a feeling that it will actually extend longer than that, especially if Tokyo's closure is an indication. That was supposed to have reopened on March 15 or so, but now it's been extended to some time in April.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:19 am 
Platinum Edition

That makes sense. They have to know it's safe to reopen!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:03 pm 
Platinum Edition

DL's College Program is ending for now, like at WDW. They're being paid through the end of March...

BREAKING: Disneyland College Program Comes to an End as Disneyland Closes Due to Coronavirus https://wdwnt.com/?p=274502

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:37 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

It’s an awful situation and I wish the CA CP’s the best. Anecdotally, I’ve always heard that the Disneyland CP is much smaller than the WDW CP. I knew a fulltime cast member who transferred from Cali to Florida and I think she told me that it was not unusual for a location to have only one CP working there whereas at FL the whole night shift could be staffed with CP’s.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:12 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

From watching CBS' "Face the Nation", I have some (hopefully) good news. It is stated that the virus (at least in the U.S.; not sure about the rest of the world) is likely to peak some time in late April and then decline in May and June before finally breaking for good (knock on wood) in July and August. So maybe, just maybe, the summer heat will play a role in containing the virus after all.

However, while that should hopefully answer the question of when COVID-19 should go down, it brings up two new questions. First, will the so-called nonessential establishments (like Disneyland) be able to reopen by the time of, say, June, if not sooner? And second and more important, will there be a second wave coming in September and beyond?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:08 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

:o

BREAKING: Disneyland Resort Cancels July 17th Reopening, Delays Theme Parks Returning

https://wdwnt.com/2020/06/breaking-disn ... reopening/

They’re blaming the state government for being too slow to issue reopening guidelines. But why did they announce they were reopening before they could get state approval?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:27 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

The Void at Downtown Disney District Permanently Shut Down Due to License Agreement Breach; Disney Springs Location Potentially Affected

https://wdwnt.com/2020/07/the-void-at-d ... -affected/

Interesting development. I’m kind of surprised, I always thought Disney would eventually buy out this company and now their kicking them out? I experienced the Star Wars experience in Orlando— it was pretty cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:56 am 
Platinum Edition

^ :o Whoa. What the heck did they do?!? Google only has that article. I did the SW WDW Void Experience 2x and it was super cool...I wanted to do the Ralph one but couldn't because it was Mon-Fri only.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:04 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

This Twitter thread gives the story a little more context: https://twitter.com/jennyenicholson/sta ... 45377?s=21

I’m still surprised because I really thought Disney was using The Void as a testing ground for new park experiences. The same thing happened to us with the Ralph one— that’s what we were going to do, but then did the Star Wars one instead and we didn’t leave disappointed!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:43 pm 
Platinum Edition

^ Thanks for posting that! So a) not making payments (rent? licenses?) and/or b) funneling their profits into their (competing with Disney?) VR park...?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:48 pm 
Platinum Edition

Disney to lay off 28,000 employees as coronavirus slams its theme park business
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/29/disney- ... iness.html

Disney isn't breaking down by percentage which Parks are affected, but I would guess that a lot of the layoffs are in California since they haven't been able to reopen. :( This makes me really sad- I feel so bad for these people.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:31 pm 
Walt Disney Treasure

This is so sad. :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:59 am 
Walt Disney Treasure

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Disney to lay off 28,000 employees as coronavirus slams its theme park business
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/29/disney- ... iness.html

Disney isn't breaking down by percentage which Parks are affected, but I would guess that a lot of the layoffs are in California since they haven't been able to reopen. :( This makes me really sad- I feel so bad for these people.

These layoffs were going to happen anyway, but given the language by D'Amaro, wherein he blasted Sacramento for its unwillingness to provide guidance, coupled with state legislators now joining in the reopening fray, I am wondering if that will provide the pressure on Newsom to finally provide the guidelines.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13