Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

I know someone posted the leak about a "Hades on Throne" Pop coming, but I don't think at the time it had also leaked that MALEFICENT on her throne is also coming. Part of the "Disney Villains" line that started with the Box Lunch Dragon Maleficent. No pictures yet.

It has me thinking... will this be a trend? Because I'd not mind having a new Evil Queen on her peacock throne, Cruella De Vil in her ornate bed, Ursula at her cauldron (with the phantasmal arms GITD!), Gaston in his antler chair posing, Sorcerer Jafar on his cobra head throne, Frollo in his magistrate's chair at the Feast of Fools, etc. There are so many possibilities!
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wouldn't mind Ursula sitting at her vanity either... And heck yes at the Evil Queen on her throne--her throne was gorgeous. I wanted a pop of her holding the box for SW's heart, but that would be just as good if not better.

I admit I'm a bit more excited about Maleficent on her throne than Hades on his. But if you're right that this turns into a trend, and I think you are right, I might end up buying the Hades one. Another one that popped in my mind is Yzma; I wanted a pop of her in her pink Empress outfit, and that would be the best way for that to happen! Tremaine in her bed with Lucifer is another one that came to mind; the Queen and King of Hearts in the courtbox. Now you got me excited, ProfessorRatigan! And maybe this would lead up to a proper Chernabog pop--they could think of the mountain as his throne. :P

(Even though he's not a villain, I hope we get Triton on his throne somewhere down the line, too... And I'm certain we'll eventually get a Town release of Pride Rock with Simba roaring atop it.)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Disney's Divinity wrote:I wouldn't mind Ursula sitting at her vanity either... And heck yes at the Evil Queen on her throne--her throne was gorgeous. I wanted a pop of her holding the box for SW's heart, but that would be just as good if not better.

I admit I'm a bit more excited about Maleficent on her throne than Hades on his. But if you're right that this turns into a trend, and I think you are right, I might end up buying the Hades one. Another one that popped in my mind is Yzma; I wanted a pop of her in her pink Empress outfit, and that would be the best way for that to happen! Tremaine in her bed with Lucifer is another one that came to mind; the Queen and King of Hearts in the courtbox. Now you got me excited, ProfessorRatigan! And maybe this would lead up to a proper Chernabog pop--they could think of the mountain as his throne. :P

(Even though he's not a villain, I hope we get Triton on his throne somewhere down the line, too... And I'm certain we'll eventually get a Town release of Pride Rock with Simba roaring atop it.)
Those would all be cool! I'd especially love to see a PROPER Chernabog (the original is so ugly and SO not screen-accurate, lol). And I agree, Maleficent's bat-wing throne is a way more exciting prospect than Hades's throne... I'm not even sure which it's supposed to be? The one he watches the Hydra battle in? (Eating a bowl of worms?), the throne he makes when he takes over Mount Olympus? (THIS would be the most visually interesting one, imo. And it'd be dope if they gave him his little worm martini lol). Or will it be the one at the very end when he's fuming about Meg screwing up his plan? My guess is the latter.

I just want an updated Evil Queen tbh, lol. The original mold bugs me only because it's holding an apple, which she never did in her 'queen' form! A moment of her and the Magic Mirror, or on her throne, would be great!

...And, yes, I want SOMETHING Frollo. A common, an exclusive, a Hellfire movie moment (grasping for the ghostly Esmeralda, GITD flames, naturally), SOMETHING! Ditto Tremaine! I still can't believe Madam MIM is coming before either of those heavyweights...
Disney's Divinity

Oh, you're right! I was thinking of his Underworld throne. The one when he takes over Olympus is much better. I hope it's that one, I didn't even think of that.

Yes, I'm shocked Mim, Ratigan, and the Horned King all happened before Frollo and Lady Tremaine. The world is so odd sometimes.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney's Divinity

Mushu and Cri-Kee's fake soldier. rotfl I'm not buying it, but that's really clever.

The fairies aren't bad. Still, now seeing them will making it easier for me to pass on them.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

OMG I want that Mushu pop!! My Vanessa just came in the mail. I feel she's slightly not in the best condition, it's a little weird in the section connecting her hair on the left to her head, but it's not too noticeable, and I put her in the display case so I won't fixate on it anyway.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

The Three Good Fairies have been near the top of my want list for forever. Hate that they are going to be shared with Amazon because amazon.ca never gets Amazon exclusives, but at least I can buy (at stupidly inflated costs) from Amazon.com fairly easy. Love the Mushu Ride, but I’ll hold off on him for the time being, see if he deflates in price on the secondary market.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

My Vanessa came in. Thankfully she had a good paint job and the box was in great shape! Glad I pre-ordered her.

Not Disney-related, but Funko related:
I'm super excited by the InuYasha Pops that are coming out! ESPECIALLY Sesshomaru! :)
Disney's Divinity

They do look really cute. I probably won't buy them. Money is always an issue of course, but space is another. As much as I love YYH, I ultimately decided not to buy those for the same reason. I have my hands full with Disney as it is. Digimon, Sailor Moon, and KH characters are enough to be going on with. And I'm still holding out hope Final Fantasy will get pops sometime down the line, so I have to be selective.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Maleficent and Hades on throne pics leaked. Can't post from my phone though. I'll probably pass on them. They're kinda blah.
Disney's Divinity

I couldn't find the Hades one, but the Maleficent pic looks like a drawing. I won't say for sure what I think until we see the finished product, but I do like that it puts more of a focus on her robes and she has her bat collar, too (am I mistaken that the others didn't have that?).
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney's Divinity

I missed Diablo on top. And the fact Maleficent doesn't have her staff--that feels wrong.

If this is the finished thing, it looks flat... I guess that's the only way to make a pop look as if it's sitting?
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

^yeah, the missing staff is just throwing the whole thing off!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I might want that Belle pen for the office...
Disney's Divinity

The thrones themselves are cool. I just don't know if it's worth buying them for just that though... Especially if they are flat, like really thin book-holders. Ursula wouldn't look as cool as those, but I always liked her spiky pink poof. :lol: You know what, I just had an awesome idea. They could do one of her lounging in her huge wall shell!

Is that Ursula a new Diamond? I can't tell what's new about, so I'm assuming it must be those Diamond glitter variants. Pass. I didn't get the Metallic variant for that one either.

The pens are cute, I'd totally buy them for a kid, but I'm not buying into any of Funko's other products. I think the only thing besides regular Pop's, Pop Rides, or Pop Towns I own is the mini and keychain versions of Ursula and Ariel. Otherwise, I'm trying to stay out of their other products and lines. They get too much of my money as it is. :lol:
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney's Divinity

So purdy...

Incidentally, I got the pink dress Cinderella in the mail today. My e-mail is acting wonky, so I didn't know it had shipped; I thought it wasn't supposed to come until March.