Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wouldn't mind if Zhan Tiri summons the spirit of Gothel as a distraction for Cass and Rapunzel at some later point (once Cass realizes she's been used and teams up with Rapunzel to take Tiri down), but I wouldn't really want her to be in multiple episodes, personally.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:I liked it more than I thought I would. The singing over each other didn't bother me. I thought it ended very abruptly though. It felt unfinished.
The song has grown on me after listening to it more times and I agree, the singing over each other wasn't that annoying after all, plus it only happened at the part that was featured in the sneak peek.
Sotiris wrote:Another parallel was when Cassandra fell from the tower the same way Gothel did.
It's true!
Sotiris wrote:I think there was also a reference to The Emperor's New Groove when Eugene and Lance were trying to climb the tower.
I noticed that too. And the lamp that appeared in the last episode looked like the lamp from Aladdin.
Sotiris wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote:So we know now the girl is Zhan Tiri...I thought it would be another witch trying to revive Zhan Tiri with Cassandra's unwitting help.
The reveal was disappointing. I really wish Gothel had been resurrected instead. It would have been so cool to see Gothel and Cass reunite and explore the dynamic between them. The ghost girl being Zhan Tiri is such a boring and safe choice.
I also think it would've been more interesting if she had been Gothel, though on the other hand, the original villain returning from the dead for a sequel/continuation, like in The Return of Jafar, for example, maybe it's a bit typical.
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

What are your predictions for the remaining episodes/ finale?

I'm guessing Rapunzel and Cassandra will reconnect and make up in time for the series finale, where they will take on Zahn Tiri together with the power of the Sundrop and the Moonstone combined. Because of that fight, which they will win, Rapunzel wil lose her powers and her hair will be short again. Cassandra will lose her powers too, but she will go away, because she feels guilty. She can't stay in the palace because that would be too easy.
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

She'll leave to find her true destiny and that little boy will go along with her.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

WillytheDino wrote:What are your predictions for the remaining episodes/ finale?

I'm guessing Rapunzel and Cassandra will reconnect and make up in time for the series finale, where they will take on Zahn Tiri together with the power of the Sundrop and the Moonstone combined. Because of that fight, which they will win, Rapunzel wil lose her powers and her hair will be short again. Cassandra will lose her powers too, but she will go away, because she feels guilty. She can't stay in the palace because that would be too easy.
I hadn't thought about it, but what you say sounds quite likely. I think it's also possible that Cassandra will die to save the others as a way of redeeming herself, as someone here wrote.
Disney's Divinity

I don't see Cass dying. Besides thinking that it would feel too heavy for a show as lighthearted as this one's been, I think they're each other's family, the consolation despite Gothel not caring about either of them (abandoning Cass, using Rapunzel for years). As for the Tangled Ever After short, I believe the people behind this said they would "explain" why characters like Lance, Varian, Cass, etc. aren't in the short--as if we needed that. :lol: My guess is they'll imitate a shot from the short, only to pan to those characters standing off the side beyond the camera. :P
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I don't see Cass dying. Besides thinking that it would feel too heavy for a show as lighthearted as this one's been, I think they're each other's family, the consolation despite Gothel not caring about either of them (abandoning Cass, using Rapunzel for years).
I agree. We already know Cass will make amends with Raps in the penultimate episode. There's no way they'll kill her off. Cassandra never killed anyone to warrant such fate. I predict the final showdown will be between Rapunzel, Cass, Varian, Eugene and the rest of the gang against Zahn Tiri and the members of the brotherhood. They'll win of course, but both Raps and Cass will lose their powers in the process. Cass will either go find her own path in the great unknown or become the new captain of the guard. I hope the ending doesn't stop at the wedding. I want an epilogue showing where our characters are a couple of years after the wedding.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

OK, you both have convinced me. What you said makes more sense and honestly, I prefer that she doesn't die.
Disney's Divinity wrote:As for the Tangled Ever After short, I believe the people behind this said they would "explain" why characters like Lance, Varian, Cass, etc. aren't in the short--as if we needed that. :lol: My guess is they'll imitate a shot from the short, only to pan to those characters standing off the side beyond the camera. :P
:lol: That would be an easy way to explain it.
Disney's Divinity

I thought this was an interesting episode. I wonder why there would be mirror recordings of Gothel? I suppose it was probably shenanigans from Zhan Tiri. I hope they end up returning to the concept and Cassandra sees a memory of Gothel treating Rapunzel with similar disinterest and disdain. I'm glad Rapunzel acknowledged that Gothel didn't love her.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I wonder why there would be mirror recordings of Gothel? I suppose it was probably shenanigans from Zhan Tiri.
I don't think Zhan Tiri had anything to do with the mirrors or with any of the other stuff present in Gothel's lair. Gothel must have discovered these magic mirrors and used them as recording devices out of vanity.

I liked the episode. It was good to see Gothel again even in the form of recorded memories. I had hoped her ghost would be real so we could finally get some interaction between the three, but what can you do. It's clear now that bond between Cass and Raps is what's going to take Zhan Tiri down in the finale. It's sad that Gothel was shown as incapable of caring, even a little, about anyone but herself. Makes me want to know more about her background and her family history. It's not very realistic, though. It's a very caricatured depiction of evil. Even history's biggest monsters have had some moments of goodness in their lives. It doesn't undo the horrific things they did. But people are uncomfortable with that truth.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Sotiris wrote:It's sad that Gothel was shown as incapable of caring, even a little, about anyone but herself. Makes me want to know more about her background and her family history. It's not very realistic, though. It's a very caricatured depiction of evil. Even history's biggest monsters have had some moments of goodness in their lives. It doesn't undo the horrific things they did. But people are uncomfortable with that truth.
It kind of contradicts the way she was portrayed in the film since she does kind of loved Rapunzel in her twisted way. I mean she goes for three days just to get her new paint but can be bothered to set Cassandra's music box?!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

farerb wrote:It kind of contradicts the way she was portrayed in the film since she does kind of loved Rapunzel in her twisted way. I mean she goes for three days just to get her new paint but can be bothered to set Cassandra's music box?!
Well, she went to get Rapunzel new paint so she would stop pestering her about leaving the tower. And everything else she did for her over the years was to keep her content and complacent. It was a way to manipulate, control, and use her more easily. A strategy formed out of self-interest. She didn't have the motivation to go to the same lengths for Cassandra. She was just nice enough to keep her cooking and cleaning. I'm not blaming the show for Gothel's characterization when the way she was portrayed in the original film was also one-dimensional.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Mother Gothel's voice actress Donna Murphy said she did love Rapunzel in her voice-acting.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The series finale is only going to be 66 minutes long; the 90-minute runtime that was previously posted included commercials.

https://twitter.com/BenBalistreri/statu ... 3169269760
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

Such a pretty poster. Very epic.

'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
Disney's Divinity

It is pretty. My first thought though was that Rapunzel had crossed over into an apocalyptic film.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Just finished Flynnpostor; it was a cute episode. It was nice seeing the Baron again and all the nods to the original with the fake Flynn Rider were fun. With Eugene becoming the new Captain of the Guard, there's no way Cass will end up in that position now. It's more likely she'll leave the kingdom and try to find her destiny elsewhere, after everything is said and done.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:It was nice seeing the Baron again and all the nods to the original with the fake Flynn Rider were fun.
Yes, that was fun. It wasn't one of my favorite episodes, but it wasn't bad. I was hoping, though, that there would be an explanation as to why the impostor looked just like Eugene. I knew he couldn't be a lost twin Eugene didn't know he had, but I thought there would be some kind of magic involved. I guess it was just the trope that we all have a double somewhere.
Sotiris wrote:With Eugene becoming the new Captain of the Guard, there's no way Cass will end up in that position now. It's more likely she'll leave the kingdom and try to find her destiny elsewhere, after everything is said and done.
But will Eugene continue being the Captain of the Guard after the wedding? Won't he become a Prince then and have other responsibilities?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:I knew he couldn't be a lost twin Eugene didn't know he had, but I thought there would be some kind of magic involved. I guess it was just the trope that we all have a double somewhere.
Yes, that was a bit disappointing. It would have been better if the impostor had used a potion to make himself look like Eugene over him just being a doppelganger.
D82 wrote:But will Eugene continue being the Captain of the Guard after the wedding? Won't he become a Prince then and have other responsibilities?
You have a point. Perhaps he can do both? I doubt that a prince will have a lot of things to do when not even the Queen does. Regardless, I think they'll stick to him being the new Captain because they seem to like the idea of him going from an outlaw to a law enforcer, having an identity that isn't defined by his relation to Rapunzel as well as not being seen as a freeloader by the people of Corona (which was touched upon in this episode).
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:It would have been better if the impostor had used a potion to make himself look like Eugene over him just being a doppelganger.
Yes, that would've been much more believable and interesting.
Sotiris wrote:You have a point. Perhaps he can do both? I doubt that a prince will have a lot of things to do when not even the Queen does. Regardless, I think they'll stick to him being the new Captain because they seem to like the idea of him going from an outlaw to a law enforcer, having an identity that isn't defined by his relation to Rapunzel as well as not being seen as a freeloader by the people of Corona (which was touched upon in this episode).
OK, you've convinced me again. That makes a lot of sense.