DVDizzy.com

Home | Reviews | Schedule | Cover Art | Search The Site
DVDizzy.com Top Stories:

It is currently Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:24 pm 

I’m wondering if the Disney Movie Club has shifted it’s focus away from releasing titles that haven’t been given an official DVD release to releasing Blu-Rays of titles that have already received a normal DVD release. I don’t follow the Movie Club release schedule too carefully, but all the new titles that I’ve noticed over the past couple of years (“Treasure Island”, “Herbie Rides Again”, “20,000 Leagues Under The Sea”, “The Parent Trap”) are titles that have been available on DVD for quite some time. Is the movie club still releasing movies that haven’t been made available on any digital format before? If not, then does anybody know why they have abandoned that idea and are now releasing Blu-rays of titles that have already been released on DVD? And why in the world are the Blu-Rays not carrying over any of the bonus material that was created for the DVD?

Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:21 pm 
Platinum Edition

I know that The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh was just released on Blu after only being available on the Treasures set, but they're not releasing exclusives like they used to. Especially now with Disney+, I can't imagine there will be many more. And I, too, wish that the bonus features, no matter how few, were ported from the DVD to the exclusives Blus.

*edit* I see a new release of "The Thanksgiving Promise;" I've never heard of it, but maybe that's a new-to-disc title...