Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by unprincess »

ProfessorRatigan wrote:
unprincess wrote:thanks for the link ProfessorRatigan!

so did you all write your choices in one submission or did you submit each request separately?
I did each character separately, provided a link to my preferred design/image and wrote a short little description arguing why I felt they deserve it!
thanks! Im gonna ask for Oliver and Co.(pop or mystery minis,) Prince Hans(pop or mystery mini), and a Harry Potter dragon(Hungarian Horntail or Ukrainian Ironbelly & I prefer they not be ride ons)& a non-flocked Buckbeak(they finally made a Hot Topic exclusive one but its flocked, ugh, why???)
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

YEEEESSSS!!!!

The Sword in the Stone Pops announced!!!

-Arthur
-Arthur with Excalibur
-Merlin with Archimedes
-Madam Mim
-6 inch Madam Mim as dragon

rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

DC Fan wrote:YEEEESSSS!!!!

The Sword in the Stone Pops announced!!!

-Arthur
-Arthur with Excalibur
-Merlin with Archimedes
-Madam Mim
-6 inch Madam Mim as dragon

rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl rotfl
Do you have a link? Haven't seen anything about these anywhere.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The laughing smilies make me think they're just joking.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I don´t joke r make fun of these things. More so since I collect them myself.

The emojis I used were the first ones I found of me being happy about it.

Here´s the link. That´s the guy I follow on YouTube that´s always right.

It´s around minute 16:00.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-SlZdJ0ud8&t=1015s
Disney's Divinity

If true, I'll be getting all of them. :wink: Now just a HotTopic exclusive of Merlin in his Bermuda clothes and sunglasses would be perfect. Wart coming with a small insert of the hateful sugar pot would be amazing. :P :lol:

First Hercules got more pops than I'd ever have imagined and then a massive line of TLM pops (both in 2019), now TSitS is getting a sizeable line in 2020. That's my three favorite Disney movies covered. :dance: I've been very lucky. :)
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Came here to post the Sword in the Stone leaks, but looks like I was beat to it, lol. I'll be getting them all.

It BLOWS MY MIND we got Mim, Ratigan, Horned King, and Yzma before Lady Tremaine or Frollo.
Disney's Divinity

And Hans! :lol: They really need to do a small villains line for Halloween at this point.

I'm glad we're getting Dragon Mim, too. I didn't think they'd go through the bother of a 6 inch for such a niche character (especially when they didn't for Genie Jafar--yet), but I'm very happy.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I´m telling you. If Black Cauldron got Pops...especially The Horned King (you´d think they´d skip him and just make a Gurgi, Hen Wen or Princess Eilonwy and not this extremely scary Villain) then everything is possible.

As a Disney and Disney Villain fan I would like to own all of them on Pop. That includes lame ones as Edgar and Amos Slade, to good enough ones like Sykes to very underrated ones like Madame Medusa and McLeach... and yes, even the lame ones as Hans. Just to have all them.

Personally I really want made (aside from the most important ones already mentioned: Frollo and Lady Tremaine) Clayton, Shan Yu , Mother Gothel, Commander Rourke and even Alameda Slim (I DESPISE Home on the Range but the character grew up on me and would make for a great Pop).

Especial mention to Firebird (Fantasia 2000) to accompany my Chernabog.

I´m still missing Captain Hook but I´m sure, as happened with other characters will get released again.

PS

I wonder, if they ever do the Sykes Pop...Will they make him with the car? It makes sense since that´s how he´s main seen in the movie but I wouldn´t want to spend that much money in a character I don´t care about just to own him.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

So, the guy I follow just mentioned as news a Hades in throne Funko Pop.
Disney's Divinity

I don’t think I’ll get that one. His throne isn’t really that cool-looking, not like, say, King Triton’s is. I would’ve rather had a Pop Ride of Hades from when he confronts Zeus at the end.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

So..., this happened.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EKU-IdbXsAEE73p.jpg

With this new Disney Villains brand from Funko, What do you think?

I personally don´t think they will make all the Villains as part of this line. For instance, The Sword in the Stone series that will come out won´t have Madam Mim with the Disney Villains brand. However, Madam Mim as dragon would/will.

I believe hat this line will carry the variants/new versions of already released Villains. And maybe Funko will repackage already released versions. For instance, Evil Genie Jafar/Jafar as Genie and Doctor Facillier with the skull makeup.

I think that because there aren´t that many Villains to be released as Pop yet. So why create a new brand now? Unless Funko does what I just said already.

Still, this makes me happy as that reinforces my belief that most, if not all, the Disney Villains will have their Pops.
Disney's Divinity

I'd be happy if they start a Villains line. I was saying a page back that I hope they do that to do all the villains they've missed (Hans, Gothel, Shan-Yu, the Stepmother, Frollo, Ratcliffe, etc.). And they can re-release pops of old characters who were made early on when pops weren't as nice as they are now. Like a new Evil Queen, for example; I'd love one of her holding the box for Snow White's heart. Or Chernabog on his mountain. I just hope they don't overdo the details like the new Ursula pop, which is honestly pretty ugly.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I have to disagree with Evil Queen. In fact, I´m amazed that her and Maleficent are as good as they are being so early Pops.

Ursula they´d just have to repackage her. There are already all variants made that can be made: the original that was good but certain details were wrong (reason why I´ll get the new one), the current release that´s perfect that even includes Flotsam and Jetsam, the Diamond one, the one holding the trident and the crown and this version as giant.

Even for Cruella there aren´t anymore that can be done.

For Jafar however they can have him as the old man, as Sultan, as Sorcerer (I´m surprised this hasn´t been done already), as cobra (just him)- be it regular size or big and Evil Genie Jafar as big.

As for Yzma...so many choices.

Anyways, that´s my reasoning. That they will just repackage the ones that don´t have anymore variants and new ones.
Disney's Divinity

DC Fan wrote:I have to disagree with Evil Queen. In fact, I´m amazed that her and Maleficent are as good as they are being so early Pops.

Ursula they´d just have to repackage her. There are already all variants made that can be made: the original that was good but certain details were wrong (reason why I´ll get the new one), the current release that´s perfect that even includes Flotsam and Jetsam, the Diamond one, the one holding the trident and the crown and this version as giant.
I didn't say the old Evil Queen is bad, but they could make another that's even better, perhaps one with her overcoat-thing flying behind her like when she's going downstairs or the lightning is striking her wineglass. The original Maleficent and Ursula are two of the best pops, imo. I think the new Ursula with F&J went overboard with the details. It was a good moment to try to re-create, just didn't work for me. Different strokes. I'll be waiting for that F&J 2-pack; it'll happen someday.

I think they could still make a version of Ursula holding her scroll (either rolled up in her palm or unrolled with Ariel's signature at the bottom). Perhaps one at her vanity if they're making one of Hades on his throne. And, I doubt they could make it look right, but one of her in front of her cauldron, her arms and the demonic green hands outstretched above her could look cool. One of her in her signature pose, fingers crossed just below the chin, and tentacles curled all around would be perfect if done right; I imagine it would be difficult to make work though.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I just bought the Box Lunch exclusive Maleficent dragon and the Iced Nokk. They were on sale online at great prices, I couldn't help myself. I just hope the boxes dont come trashed.
I want to get the flocked Buckbeak from Hot Topic(its on sale too) but that one I want to make sure I get in a good box, b/c I mght sell it if they make a non flocked version later. Has anyone here ordered from HT before? How good or bad is their shipping? There's a reviewer on the site that complained that their Buckbeak pop was delivered in a bag! :o
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Summer Stitch (cherry scented):

http://popvinylworld.com/wp-content/upl ... 25x428.png

From the new Disney Villains line, Diamond Cruella De Vil:

So, what I guessed from the Villains line was true. Repackaging figures...in this case just with the added "sparkles/diamond" paint.

...doesn´t make sense but at least is better than previous releases since it´s barely noticeable.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »