Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Frozen 2

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Hardbackyoyo wrote: Is it partially because of the sight of Elsa's hair being down?
I think so! I kind of missed that, it went right past me. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Four new stills in this article: https://ew.com/movies/2019/09/23/frozen-2-trailer/

I also think this trailer was really good. It was very epic, and they finally revealed part of the plot.
Sotiris wrote:Not fond of the designs of young Agnarr and Iduna. They're kinda generic and lack definition. They look more like background characters.
So, the new characters in the teaser were the younger versions of the King and Queen after all. I personally like their designs. And now that we had a better look at them, I can see they resemble their adult counterparts more than I thought.
Sotiris wrote:I was a bit disappointed that none of the new songs were showcased. I recall that the final trailer for the first Frozen featured "For the First Time in Forever". Why didn't they use a song this time around?
Yes, that was disappointing. But maybe they'll still be featured in a future TV spot or sneak peek.
Sotiris wrote:The stones do remind me of the Callanish Stones from Brave and the Sámi people with white hair, the Atlantians from Atlantis: The Lost Empire. The fact that not all of them had white hair must mean that those who do can yield magic like Elsa does.
I think the Sami who have white hair, like Yelana, have it because of their age. A couple of the Arendelle soldiers trapped in the forest also have white hair, and another one and Mattias have some white hairs, and it's true that they don't look too old. But I think they must be under a spell or something and maybe they don't age, but their hair does? Anyway, I don't think they've magic. I think the only human character with powers will still be Elsa.
Sotiris wrote:Honeymaren's name is silly and reminiscent of Honey Lemon; it should have been just Maren. They should have picked a different name for Ryder too to avoid confusion with Flynn Rider.
I agree on both things. I didn't know why Honeymaren sounded familiar, it was because of Honey Lemon. :lol:
Disney's Divinity wrote:Hopefully the trolls are only in the beginning when they tell Anna and Elsa to seek out the voice calling her and that's it.
What? Don't you want them to sing a song during the third act like in the first film? :P
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

looks good... nice backgrounds... nice atmosphere. And I agree with JeaGreyForever(but I already think I know the answer :x )and that's really all I have to say. :milkbuds:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Sotiris wrote:The latest Frozen controversy online is that Honeymaren looks too much like Moana.

Source: https://irridiare.tumblr.com/post/18790 ... e-from-the
Lol, I guess Rapunzel is the model they use for all their white female characters while Moana has become the new template for any ethnic female character.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

A very sweet still I found on IG with young Elsa and her mom

Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

Loved the new trailer a lot, although I wish we heard a song from the movie. Oh well, maybe they're keeping it a secret until October or so.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

Sotiris wrote:They should have picked a different name for Ryder too to avoid confusion with Flynn Rider.
I hear he goes by "Eugene" these days. :lol:

The real question is, will Honeymaren and young Iduna have fancy dresses to sell this holiday season (in addition to Anna and Elsa).
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Olaf is getting a solo. We now need the title of Kristoff's solo and we're done!

1. "All Is Found" (Iduna/Anna)
2. "Some Things Never Change" (ensemble)
3. "Into the Unknown" (Elsa)
4. "Show Yourself" (Elsa)
5. "The Next Right Thing" (Anna)
6. "When I'm Older" (Olaf)
7. Kristoff solo
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Sounds like another filler song that I'm probably not going to care about.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Agreed. I love Josh Gad and Olaf....but why? Shouldn’t Matthias and the tribe get songs? Why is it the same characters who are getting songs?
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

I like this new international poster, but I'm tired of the same poses for the sisters.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The only thing I’m surprised and disappointed about from what we know of the soundtrack thus far is there isn’t a song where Anna and Elsa are singing together (unaccompanied by the rest of the cast). “For the First Time in Forever” and its reprise are gorgeous; I would’ve liked to hear their voices together again. For that matter, I would’ve liked some kind of a duet between Kristoff and Anna, too, even if it was only a reprise of one of their solos. I’m looking forward to everything else.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Disney's Divinity wrote:The only thing I’m surprised and disappointed about from what we know of the soundtrack thus far is there isn’t a song where Anna and Elsa are singing together (unaccompanied by the rest of the cast). “For the First Time in Forever” and its reprise are gorgeous; I would’ve liked to hear their voices together again. For that matter, I would’ve liked some kind of a duet between Kristoff and Anna, too, even if it was only a reprise of one of their solos. I’m looking forward to everything else.

Agreed! It's weird how there has not been a duet once with the two main leads, especially in the sequel after the first one didn't. Of course, we have When We're Together (and Ring in the Season), but that's in a Christmas special. And I was hoping for a duet too, especially since Kristof proposes to her.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Yeah, I would also have preferred a duet between the sisters and a love song between Anna and Kristoff over the Olaf song and the group song.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I'm glad Olaf will have a song. I was fearing he wouldn't have much to do in this movie and he's one of my favorite things from the original. Maybe they're saving the duet between the sisters and the love song between Anna and Kristoff for the third film. :P

Here are a couple of new book covers (and a promo clip) featuring Bruni, the salamander:

Image Image
Sources:
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/book ... -art-team/
https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/book ... -art-team/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

So, the ending of Frozen 2 has been leaked through a storybook. I was actually surprised by the ending. I didn't expect this development. All I can say is it changes the status quo of certain characters and makes me more annoyed Frozen wasn't titled The Snow Queen to begin with. Major spoilers in the link below. You have been warned.

https://bigfrozensix.tumblr.com/post/18 ... -storybook
https://mike5579-t3a.tumblr.com/post/18 ... -leak-this
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

To be honest, a part of me was hoping that Elsa and Anna would be forced to separate from each other although I never thought Disney would go ahead with that ending. So a little disappointed there, along with the fact that it really looks like there will be no Hans.

Elsa is being called the Snow Queen in the book but I wonder if that will be the case in the movie though, since I think previous Frozen storybooks would sometimes refer to her as that. TBH, I don't really see the point in labeling her that so I'm glad the film isn't titled The Snow Queen, because it still has literally nothing to do with the fairy tale. I'd rather children see them as two separate entities from each other, especially since Disney adaptations tend to overwrite the original tales for most people.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I guess the new Pixar/WDAS trope now is to separate the duos first established in the first film, huh? Woody and Buzz in Toy Story 4, Ralph and Vanellope in Ralph Breaks the Internet, and now Elsa and Anna in Frozen II. They've replaced the surprise villain with a surprise separation. Should we be worried for Judy and Nick in the inevitable Zootopia 2? :P
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

But how would they make Frozen 3?!?