The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I'm glad you liked the feature! It's the only reason I'm interested in getting the Signature Edition but even then, I think I'll wait before getting it. It's too bad that 101 Dalmatians likely won't be getting a full-length In Walt's Words feature since that film has always lacked a commentary.

I think I remember reading somewhere too that Cinderella looks around the palace because she is so enchanted by the sights. Maybe it was in the Charles Solomon book or maybe it was online but it's nice to have that confirmed anyway, because when I was younger, I used to think she was either lost or she felt nervous because of all the opulence before her (like the long line of guards which must be intimidating to walk past alone and the huge staircase which seems like it would take a whole day to climb) or even that she was nervous because she was late and the last one to arrive to the ball lol.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I can totally see her feeling intimidated, and she so was at the beginning of her journey into the palace, but when she hit the ballroom, she was taking in all the beauty.

I checked a few pages back and thanks to Escapay again for revealing the galleries are iTunes only. Sad for me, though, I don't have iTunes.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Here are screenshots comparison:

Platinum Edition:

Diamond Edition:

Signature Collection:

Notice that the Signature Collection isn't cropped top and botton like the others but it is a little bit cropped left and right. It does seem a little less pink than the others.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

This is the VHS.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

stevemcqueen wrote:
Sicoe Vlad wrote:Hey, guys! I have the Aladdin Diamond Edition digital version on my iTunes account, but I now notice it wasn't updated to the new one they released yesterday. Does anyone else have this issue as well?
The only Diamond Edition digital copies that were updated to the new Signature Editions are Beauty And The Beast and The Lion King. All the others have had two versions and you have to buy/redeem the new one to get it, unfortunately. :angry:
Cinderella’s Signature Edition also poured over from the Diamond Edition on iTunes, not Movies Anywhere app. :up:
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Matt wrote:
stevemcqueen wrote: The only Diamond Edition digital copies that were updated to the new Signature Editions are Beauty And The Beast and The Lion King. All the others have had two versions and you have to buy/redeem the new one to get it, unfortunately. :angry:
Cinderella’s Signature Edition also poured over from the Diamond Edition on iTunes, not Movies Anywhere app. :up:
Are you sure? It didn't for me. Just checked and it's still the Diamond Edition version. When I search for Cinderella on the iTunes store I get the new one with a "Purchase" option instead of "Play".
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Disney Duster wrote:I can totally see her feeling intimidated, and she so was at the beginning of her journey into the palace, but when she hit the ballroom, she was taking in all the beauty.
Yes, by the time she enters the ballroom and the prince approaches her, I can see why some people would think she's lost from her mannerisms but it's silly to think that considering the huge ballroom she is in packed with people. It really makes more sense that she's looking around in awe at all the beautiful things around her.
farerb wrote: Notice that the Signature Collection isn't cropped top and botton like the others but it is a little bit cropped left and right. It does seem a little less pink than the others.
I like the brighter colors on this by far. Also there's not that much missing left and right on the Signature Edition compared to the top and bottom missing on the other editions.
ImageImage
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

I think it's pretty cool how Disney decided to go for the OAR for Aladdin this time 'round.

Times like this makes me wish they did the same for a future release of the Aladdin sequels (even if they matte to 1.66:1).
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Mickeyfan1990 wrote:I think it's pretty cool how Disney decided to go for the OAR for Aladdin this time 'round.

Times like this makes me wish they did the same for a future release of the Aladdin sequels (even if they matte to 1.66:1).
Aladdin's OAR is 1.85:1.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

How come nothing is ever white anymore, and always with this pink tinge going on ?

:?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Atlantica wrote:How come nothing is ever white anymore, and always with this pink tinge going on ?

:?
My speculation is that when they made the films on CAPS they took into consideration they wat it would look on the 35mm. The VHS and the laserdisc were made by a 35mm print while the DVD and Blu-ray were made by the CAPS files.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

stevemcqueen wrote:
Matt wrote: Cinderella’s Signature Edition also poured over from the Diamond Edition on iTunes, not Movies Anywhere app. :up:
Are you sure? It didn't for me. Just checked and it's still the Diamond Edition version. When I search for Cinderella on the iTunes store I get the new one with a "Purchase" option instead of "Play".
If I search for Cinderella for purchase on iTunes it tells me that as well. You have to go onto the Apple TV app and play the movie there. You’ll see the two new features with the extras.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Target exclusive unboxing:

https://youtu.be/6DF7x0VBagk
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I purchased the Target exclusive and I love the concept art that is used to decorate the interior. The artwork for the storybook is really well done as well...I'll have to search for the complete book.

The Aladdin on Aladdin featurette was amazing and worth the price of this alone. It's basically a condensed version of the Aladdin panel at D23 as described by Escapay. It's also nice to finally have the alternate ending available on disc with both the Ashman demo and then the final voice version as well.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I love the Target exclusive cover for Aladdin. It's much better than the regular Blu-ray one.

By the way, thanks for sharing your opinion of that edition, JeanGreyForever!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Aladdin's digipack looks better than The Little Mermaid's, I don't get why they didn't use concept art there. However I still plan to get the steelbook instead.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

D82 wrote: By the way, thanks for sharing your opinion of that edition, JeanGreyForever!
Of course :)
farerb wrote:Aladdin's digipack looks better than The Little Mermaid's, I don't get why they didn't use concept art there. However I still plan to get the steelbook instead.
I wouldn't mind the faces of the main characters on TLM if they weren't such low quality. I don't blame you on getting the steelbook though considering it's the only edition with disc artwork on the Blu-Ray.
ImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

JeanGreyForever wrote: I wouldn't mind the faces of the main characters on TLM if they weren't such low quality. I don't blame you on getting the steelbook though considering it's the only edition with disc artwork on the Blu-Ray.
That's one reason. The other is I already have The Lion King and The Little Mermaid Steelbooks. However if Beauty and the Beast is ever released, I plan to get both, that is if Target releases one (they didn't for The Lion King).
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
The Aladdin on Aladdin featurette was amazing and worth the price of this alone. It's basically a condensed version of the Aladdin panel at D23 as described by Escapay. It's also nice to finally have the alternate ending available on disc with both the Ashman demo and then the final voice version as well.
I agree 100%! :D That was such a great bonus feature! I loved how they had all the voice actors in it and how they paid tribute to Robin Williams. So nice! :)
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

In this bonus feature we hear a small snippet from Scott Weinger's audition tape for Proud of Your Boy and...it's not good. :lol: I think we're all glad Brad Kane did the singing in the film.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage