Godmothered

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Godmothered

Post by Sotiris »

We have learned that Sharon Maguire is in final talks to direct ‘Godmothered’ for Disney+. Plot details are unknown but given the title, audiences can likely expect a Fairy Godmother to take centre stage in the plot. The film is expected to begin filming in early 2020.
Source: https://discussingfilm.net/2019/09/07/s ... exclusive/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Re: Godmothered

Post by Disney Duster »

Hm. Could this be something I would like?
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Are they still working on the Prince Charming film? Disney Duster, how do you feel about all these kind of versions of Cinderella made by Disney?
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I think Prince Charming is dead. It sounded very bad to me, so I hope it is. I can't even remember the plot synopsis of it but it sounded bad. I did like the 2015 Cinderella, but it's like fourth to me in my personal ranking of Cinderellas (haven't updated my own thread with that, yet!). It's sometimes boring, and though you really feel the romance between Cinderella and the Prince, the movie as a whole feels soulless like all the Disney remakes. Godmothered could be good, but there's like nothing we know about it yet!

Thanks for asking!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

It could be fun if they take the Annette Crosby version of the Fairy Godmother, as seen in The Slipper & the Rose ? She isn't befuddled or anything like that, she is just a little fed up of all the girls she is dealing with, as there 'aren't enough of them to go around, judging by all the work she has to do'.

She is a powerful and great lady, she just has a lot on :lol:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Annette Crosby is my third favorite Fairy Godmother and The Slipper and the Rose is to me the third best Cinderella!

Annette really makes you like her. She's fun.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Is this legit news or just a rumor ?

Because i really like the idea ! :)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It was previously reported that Disney+ was preparing for a live-action film (tentatively titled) Godmothered, exclusive to the streaming service, and would be centered around the Fairy Godmother from Cinderella, Sharon Maguire (Bridget Jones franchise) will helm the project.

Now we have exclusively learned that Producer Justin Springer (Dumbo, TRON: Legacy) will produce the project. Writers Kari Granlund (Lady and The Tramp) and Melissa Stack (The Other Woman) have also jumped on the project.

The film is set in a ‘gothic, mystical, magical world of fairy godmothers in a parallel universe’ and focuses on a young fairy godmother trying to help a single working mother find her “happily ever after”! Filming is expected to begin in October-March in Boston.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2019/09/22/ex ... to-disney/
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Hm. Thanks Sotiris. I dunno if I will like this or not. It really depends how it turns out, because I'm not sold on the synopsis but for all I know it could turn out really great.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Q: Is Helena Bonham Carter still going to be the fairy godmother for the movie?

The DisInsider: I don't believe so.
Source: https://i.imgur.com/x64W6X7.jpg
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I would have liked her, but I also could love someone else's take.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

So, is this set in modern times? I know it says the godmother is from a magical place but maybe she gets transported to our world? That's the impression I'm getting from the character breakdown. The daughter wanting to be a singer sounds like something out of a Disney Channel movie.
We have exclusively learned that production is slated to begin on January 15, 2020 in Boston Massachusetts and is expected to wrap up sometime in March 2020. We have also learned the plot and have some character breakdowns to share with you, as the studio is currently casting.

Synopsis: A young fairy godmother who comes from a magical-gothic parallel universe and attempts to help a single mother who thinks she will never get a fairytale ending.

Godmother: She wants to help Alice and her two daughters fulfill their dreams, becomes the daughters (Jane and Mia) babysitter.

Alice: Single mother with two daughters, she seeks the help of a fairy godmother to help with her kids and find new love.

Jane: Oldest daughter who hopes to become a famous singer.

Mia: Youngest daughter.

Mr. Clancy: An older man who is known as a singer.

It is unlikely that this film will center on the Helen Bonham Carter Fairy Godmother from Disney’s 2015 live-action Cinderella, as the studio is looking to cast an actress in their 20s-30s, however it is still unknown if this exists in the same universe as the 2015 film.
Source: https://thedisinsider.com/2019/12/18/ex ... to-disney/
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Ok. Well I like a magical gothic parallel universe, but I don't like the babysitter thing. I feel like this may be bad, but it could be good, never know.
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Still sounds like it could be good. I get a strong Enchanted-vibe.

Of course that movie hade singel dad and this has singel mother.

Could be like a like leaser Enchanted but still good.

Much will depend WHO plays the Godmother herself.

Also i bet Mr. Clancy Will be stunt cast with some FAMUS PERSON ! :) :)

I am excited to se what the” magical-gothic parallel universe” will look like even if it sounds like most of the movie will take place on Earth.
Last edited by DisneyFan97 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Isla Fisher and Jillian Bell are set to star in Godmothered, a comedy for Disney+. Sharon McGuire, best known for directing the Bridget Jones movies, is helming the feature project that is being developed by Disney’s live-action team run by motion picture production president Sean Bailey. Justin Springer and Ivan Reitman’s Montecito Pictures are producing.

The story tells of a young and unskilled fairy godmother (Bell) that ventures out on her own to prove her worth by tracking down a young girl whose request for help was ignored. What she discovers is that the girl has now become a grown woman (Fisher) in need of something very different than a "Prince Charming."

Kari Granlund and Melissa Stack wrote the script. Production is due to begin later this month in Boston. Jessica Virtue and Allison Erlikman are overseeing for Disney.
Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ed-1268394
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I requet some hört hete ! :wave:

Please can someone tell if this News article is legitimate or just possibly made up rumors ? !! :? :?

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/godmother ... to-disney/

I really want to know if can trust this post !
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Press release with updated synopsis. It's a Christmas movie. :roll:
Production has commenced in Boston on “Godmothered,” an original live-action movie for Disney+ starring Isla Fisher (“Confessions of a Shopaholic,” “Wedding Crashers”) and Jillian Bell (“Brittany Runs a Marathon,” “Rough Night”), directed by Sharon Maguire (“Bridget Jones’s Diary,” “Bridget Jones’s Baby”). The screenplay is by Kari Granlund (“Lady and the Tramp”) and Melissa K. Stack (“The Other Woman”). The film is produced by Justin Springer (“Dumbo,” “TRON: Legacy”), with Ivan Reitman (“Ghostbusters”), Tom Pollock (the upcoming “Ghostbusters: Afterlife”), Amie Karp (the upcoming “Ghostbusters: Afterlife”) and Diane L. Sabatini (“Lady and the Tramp”) serving as executive producers.

Set at Christmas time, “Godmothered” is a comedy about Eleanor, a young, inexperienced fairy godmother-in-training (Bell) who upon hearing that her chosen profession is facing extinction, decides to show the world that people still need fairy godmothers. Finding a mislaid letter from a 12-year-old girl in distress, Eleanor tracks her down and discovers that the girl, Mackenzie, is now a 40-year-old single mom (Fisher) working at a news station in Boston. Having lost her husband several years earlier, Mackenzie has all but given up on the idea of “Happily Ever After,” but Eleanor is bound and determined to give Mackenzie a happiness makeover, whether she likes it or not.

Joining Bell and Fisher in supporting roles are Emmy winner Jane Curtin (“Kate & Allie,” “Saturday Night Live”) as headmistress of The Motherland, Jillian Shea Spaeder (“Walk The Prank”) and Willa Skye (“Lazy Susan”) as Mackenzie’s young daughters, Mary Elizabeth Ellis (“It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia”) as her sister, and Santiago Cabrera (“Star Trek: Picard”), Artemis Pebdani (“Scandal”), Utkarsh Ambudkar (“Brittany Runs a Marathon”) and Stephnie Weir (“Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”) as colleagues at the TV news station where Mackenzie works. June Squibb (Oscar nominee for “Nebraska”) and Carlease Burke (“Child's Play”) appear as godmothers populating The Motherland.

Christopher Norr (“Succession”) serves as Director of Photography with Alice Normington (“Suffragette”) as Production Designer, Renee Ehrlich Kalfus (“Hidden Figures”) as Costume Designer and Gary Dollner (“Fleabag”) as Editor.
Source: https://dtcimedia.disney.com/news/godmo ... production
Directed by Sharon Maguire, Godmothered also stars Santiago Cabrera, Jane Curtin, June Squibb, Stephnie Weir, Utkarsh Ambudkar (Mira, Royal Detective), and Jillian Shea Spaeder—whose songs “Rise Up (Joy to the World)” and “Hero” are featured on the film’s soundtrack. Keep your eyes peeled for the Godmothered original soundtrack, with a score by Oscar®-winning composer Rachel Portman, which will arrive on all digital formats the day of the film’s debut.
Source: https://d23.com/news-briefs-111320/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I never thought this film would sound so good and then Sneakerella was announced.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Lol. Yeah I think I may guiltily like this...
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

Jillian Bell is having a huge moment after Brittany Runs of Marathon, so the fact that she signed on to this gives me some hope it could be something good. I love Isla Fisher, but her filmography leaves a lot to be desired. I’ll be curious to see a trailer before I judge.