Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by Atlantica »

Loved that poster !

I can't wait for the 3rd and final season ... but I also can wait, as I know then it will be ALL OVER :(

But super thrilled to have had Rapunzel get a movie, a short, and three seasons of a complete and epic story based series. If I had the choice, I really do think I'd have had it this way over having a sequel ( a la Frozen II ). Sure Frozen will be absolutely immense, but Tangled has thrived in this format I feel.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Atlantica wrote:But super thrilled to have had Rapunzel get a movie, a short, and three seasons of a complete and epic story based series. If I had the choice, I really do think I'd have had it this way over having a sequel ( a la Frozen II ). Sure Frozen will be absolutely immense, but Tangled has thrived in this format I feel.
Yeah, you're right!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

What I really really REALLY don't get, is that they have never introduced characters from the TV show into the parks ? Seems like a relatively cheap form of synergy or whatever the wording is. Have a meet and greet with 'Rapunzel & Friends' ?
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

I didn't know this, but Disney released a lego toy set of the second season of the series.

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/product/Rap ... avan-41157

'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Wow, I didn't know this had received any merchandise from Disney. Really cute how they did something with the carriage.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Wow, I didn't know this had received any merchandise from Disney. Really cute how they did something with the carriage.

There's a ton of Hasbro dolls based on the series!
Disney's Divinity

I wonder if any of the Disney shows back in the day received merchandise? I'm sure DuckTales and Gargoyles probably did, but I'd be surprised about the others. I would've liked little toys of Urchin, Gabriella, and the Evil Manta from TLM show or Mozenwrath, Mirage, Sadira, Genie's girlfriend, etc. from the Aladdin show.

Well, I think TLM might have had some comics that featured a couple of the show characters, maybe. I haven't read all the ones that are out there.
Last edited by Disney's Divinity on Wed May 15, 2019 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

bruno_wbt wrote: There's a ton of Hasbro dolls based on the series!
Isn't that the merchandise that Disney was disappointed with for not selling very well?
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Spoilers have been leaked. (Go with caution.)

The first picture with Rapunzel's new dress and evil Cassandra may be real because it looks like a name tag for a door. Unless it was a random sketch by the same artist in the first pic, it looks like we will have a Eugene/Rapunzel baby in the series finale :D

https://twitter.com/gleamfuls/status/11 ... 4051001345

Also, Broadway star Laura Osnes hung out with Zach Levi (already friends though) and Chris Sonnenburg this 4th of July. I really hope this means she's in season 3 :D Shouldn't we hear something soon about Season 3?

(In case anyone is interested, here's her singing I See the Light with Zach. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtgNB61hu54 I'm going to her Broadway Princess Party in October.)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Unless it was a random sketch by the same artist in the first pic, it looks like we will have a Eugene/Rapunzel baby in the series finale.
I doubt it. It would break continuity with Tangled Ever After and the series went to great lengths to perverse it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Sotiris wrote:I doubt it. It would break continuity with Tangled Ever After and the series went to great lengths to perverse it.
And I just noticed her hair is long in the picture and the directors said her hair doesn't grow back. Unless they do a epilogue like 5 years later? And this is actually a story they're telling to their kids.
Disney's Divinity

I love Rapunzel's new outfit! I hate that so many of the other Disney TV series have received pops, but not this one. I'd love to have a Cassandra pop at least and one of Eugene's outfit in season 2. I hope they really go all out with this final season and drop the one-off fodder plots. Hopefully they bring Varian back, maybe even give Gothel an appearance (in ghost form or something).
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The series returns on October 7th!
The animated adventure comedy Rapunzel’s Tangled Adventure is all set to make its magical third-season premiere with a special one-hour episode on Monday, October 7th from 1:00-2:00 p.m. EDT on Disney Channel and in the DisneyNOW app. Stars Mandy Moore (This Is Us) and Zachary Levi (Shazam!) as the beloved Rapunzel and Eugene are joined by Eden Espinosa (Broadway’s “Wicked”) as Cassandra, James Monroe Iglehart (Broadway’s “Aladdin”) as Lance, Paul F. Tompkins (Bob’s Burgers) as Shorty, and Jeremy Jordan (Supergirl) as Varian as members of the talented voice cast.

In the season three premiere, Rapunzel returns to the kingdom of Corona only to find that it has been taken over by an old enemy. Still reeling from Cassandra’s betrayal, Rapunzel must use her inner strength to save Corona and its people, including her parents, King Frederic and Queen Arianna. Sticking by her side is her partner in life, Eugene; her loyal chameleon sidekick, Pascal; no-nonsense and dutiful horse, Maximus; and Eugene’s best friend, Lance.

Joining the voice cast in guest roles for Season 3 are Sean Giambrone (ABC’s The Goldbergs) as the teenage version of Eugene, Khary Payton (The Walking Dead) as the new age thug Kai, Chris Diamantopoulos (Silicon Valley) as a budding Flynn Rider, Betsy Sodaro (Disjointed) as the memory-stealing witch Clementine, Artemis Pebdani (It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia) as the werewolf hunter Creighton, Gina Torres (Suits) as the rival Queen of Ingvarr, and Tara Fitzgerald (Game of Thrones) as Zhan Tiri, the ancient threat to Corona.
Source: http://collider.com/rapunzels-tangled-a ... ease-date/

Season 3 poster.

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/11 ... 5388035079

Release schedule.

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/11 ... 5148561411

Still from the season 3 premiere.

Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyChannelPR/sta ... 8216448000
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I AM SO EXCITED !!!!!!!!!

The plot sounds intriguing and I wasn’t prepared at all for the big bad to be a woman ?! I don’t know why, just presumed it was a man :lol:

And we get a Eugene backstory too ! Yaaay ! If they do a teenage Eugene I’d love for them to show a bit of Rapunzel growing up in a flashback.

Glen Slater also just tweeted that there will be some biiiig tunes this season too :D
Disney's Divinity

I had to look up Tara Fitzgerald, and her character on GoT was Selyse. That's an interesting choice for Zhan Tiri. I always assumed that character was male for some reason. EDIT: Just saw Atlantica's comment. So I wasn't alone. :P

Yay, Varian is back!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Why does the woman with the blue hair looks evil? Isn't she supposed to be Rapunzel's friend?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I can't wait to watch the new episodes and listen to the new songs!
Atlantica wrote:The plot sounds intriguing and I wasn’t prepared at all for the big bad to be a woman ?! I don’t know why, just presumed it was a man :lol:
Disney's Divinity wrote:I always assumed that character was male for some reason. EDIT: Just saw Atlantica's comment. So I wasn't alone. :P
That's because the character looks male, but I guess she was probably disguised and that's not her real appearance?
farerb wrote:Why does the woman with the blue hair looks evil? Isn't she supposed to be Rapunzel's friend?
If you watch the last episode of season 2, you'll understand why she looks like that. Apparently, she turns evil at the end of that episode and betrays Rapunzel, though no explanations are given yet as to why she does that. Here's the scene where that happens in case you want to watch it.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Episode titles and air dates. The source is a wiki so take it with a grain of salt.

Rapunzel’s Return — Oct. 7th
Return of the King — Oct. 8th
Who’s Afraid of the Big, Bad Wolf? — Oct. 9th
The Lost Treasure of Herz Der Soone — Oct. 10th
No Time Like the Past — Oct. 11th
Beginnings — Oct. 15th
The King and Queen of Hearts — Oct. 16th
Day of the Animals — Oct. 17th
Be Very Afraid — Oct. 18th
Cassandra's Revenge — ???
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Episode titles and air dates. The source is a wiki so take it with a grain of salt.
Disney TVA News has tweeted the same titles and air dates (except the last one), so I guess they're correct:

https://twitter.com/DisneyTVANews/statu ... 0391229441
https://twitter.com/DisneyTVANews/statu ... 2549481473
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Disney TVA News has tweeted the same titles and air dates (except the last one), so I guess they're correct.
You do realize that's a fan account and they often post false or inaccurate info, right? They got those dates from wiki too. They don't have inside sources or anything.