D23 Expo 2019

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: D23 Expo 2019

Post by JeanGreyForever »

There's been rumors of a Skywalker Saga box set in Blu-Ray and 4K that may or may not include the unaltered original trilogy. Sounds too good to be true but maybe that's the "secret project."
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Disney will buy Nintendo.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Frozen 2 songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez will be at D23 Expo! Join them for a Q&A Sunday, 8/25 at 1:30PM in the Walt Disney Animation Studios pavilion.
Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyAnimation/sta ... 2816284672
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Livestream the Magic of D23 Expo 2019
https://d23.com/livestream-the-magic-of-d23-expo-2019/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

I'm sorry, that panel selection is really poor. They need to take a lesson from Star Wars Celebration. That's how you do a live stream.

I kinda get not streaming Studios since they've said they're taking phones away for that one so they're obviously showing stuff they don't want to release publicly, but the Disney+ panel and the Parks panel? Disney+ especially since this is the big launch event. And what about Aladdin, Mermaid, and Tarzan? Not like there's going to be any secret footage/no cameras allowed there. Heck, stream the Broadway 25th concert.

I guess I should be grateful they're streaming anything, but Celebration's live streams have spoilt me.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

ChrisLyne wrote:I'm sorry, that panel selection is really poor. They need to take a lesson from Star Wars Celebration. That's how you do a live stream.

I kinda get not streaming Studios since they've said they're taking phones away for that one so they're obviously showing stuff they don't want to release publicly, but the Disney+ panel and the Parks panel? Disney+ especially since this is the big launch event. And what about Aladdin, Mermaid, and Tarzan? Not like there's going to be any secret footage/no cameras allowed there. Heck, stream the Broadway 25th concert.

I guess I should be grateful they're streaming anything, but Celebration's live streams have spoilt me.
I agree. None of these interest me.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:Livestream the Magic of D23 Expo 2019
https://d23.com/livestream-the-magic-of-d23-expo-2019/
Wow, that's great! It's the first time they stream something live from the expo, right? I agree that the panels selected are not the most interesting ones, but it's better than nothing. I'm interested in "Behind the Art of Disney Costuming" and "The Art of Disney Storytelling". Does anyone know if they'll still be available to watch after the panels have finished? Or can you only watch them live?
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

I believe they streamed some things in 2017 as well, but it was an even more obscure selection of panels (like really, really minor stuff). I believe the streams will be on YouTube so hopefully they leave them up. I'd like to see the costuming panel but time difference means I won't be watching it live as I'm in London all Saturday as Aladdin's closing and I don't want to be tired for that.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, some panels has been put on YouTube as well. As those from The Lion King and Hercules from the last gathering.
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

Hoping in vain that the "secret project" is Hocus Pocus 2. I've heard that Kenny Ortega and Bette Midler will already be there...
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

ChrisLyne wrote:I believe they streamed some things in 2017 as well, but it was an even more obscure selection of panels (like really, really minor stuff). I believe the streams will be on YouTube so hopefully they leave them up.
I didn't know they streamed some things the last D23 Expo. You're right, the article mentions YouTube as one of the places to watch the streamings and live videos can usually be viewed later there. I was asking because they made a live event for the live-action The Lion King on Twitter and it wasn't available afterwards, but here I guess there'll be no problem then.
DisneyFan09 wrote:Well, some panels has been put on YouTube as well. As those from The Lion King and Hercules from the last gathering.
Yes, at many panels cameras are allowed and some of them are always shared by attendees. Disney also uploaded some panels from last Expo one year later.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The 2019 Disney Legends Ceremony Livestream: https://twitter.com/DisneyD23/status/11 ... 2540300288
Art of Costuming Livestream: https://twitter.com/DisneyD23/status/11 ... 2741369861
Last edited by D82 on Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

And of course, No original Features. Just Frozen II, a movie that drops in 90 days. How pathetic :facepalm:
Last edited by DisneyEra on Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Lol, wasn't there some big insider tip posted a while ago here that the original features would be announced at D23? Clearly that was not the case then unless an original feature is the "secret project."
ImageImage
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

This made me laugh :lol:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Oh wow, there's already a meme for this. rotfl
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Lol, wasn't there some big insider tip posted a while ago here that the original features would be announced at D23? Clearly that was not the case then unless an original feature is the "secret project."
The Disney Studios presentation is tomorrow. That's when new movies will be annouced. By the way, the secret project was revealed to be a documentary called "One Day at Disney" for Disney+.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Sotiris wrote: The Disney Studios presentation is tomorrow. That's when new movies will be annouced. By the way, the secret project was revealed to be a documentary called "One Day at Disney" for Disney+.
Ohhh, ok then. Thanks for informing me about that. Then all this hooplah is pretty premature.

I didn't realize that One Day at Disney was the intended secret project. An incredibly lackluster and anticlimactic reveal I'll say.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

It seems the live stream videos on Youtube aren't available after the panels have finished after all, but they still can be viewed on Twitter, so I edited my last post to change the links to Twitter ones.

Here's also a video of the costumes exhibit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6IQpVI6cDc
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I found the Disney Studios presentation underwhelming. No new movie announcements aside from Raya and the Last Dragon (formerly Dragon Empire) which we already knew about. No announcements of new live-action films either. It was slim pickings this year.