"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Every time I try to upload an image, no matter how small, this is the message I get. And I have received the same message for months now. But I notice that others are still able to post images. Is there something wrong somewhere?
DVDBuff1
Gold Classic Collection

Re: "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached"

Post by DVDBuff1 »

You should probably post this in the Feedback section.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I think I've never gotten that message. Only the one you get if the image exceeds the number of pixels allowed and the one that says that it wasn't possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Have you tried deleting the "s" from "https" (if the image link has it)?
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Maybe it should be deleted and reposted on the feedback section. But this is the most active board, and so if there are more members with the same problem, they will learn they are not the only ones.
D82 wrote:I think I've never gotten that message. Only the one you get if the image exceeds the number of pixels allowed and the one that says that it wasn't possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Have you tried deleting the "s" from "https" (if the image link has it)?
I don't add image links, I try to download them directly from my computer, and get the same message every time. It's the same message no matter if it is from a stationary PC or a laptop, or windows 7, windows 10 or google chrome, or from different IP-addresses.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

The same error appears to me as well when I attempt to attach an image. It's probably a bandwidth issue. I will try to contact the admin about it. In the meantime, you can embed images here by uploading them first on a free file-hosting website such as Imgbox, Imgur, or Postimage.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Go to your user control panel, click manage attachments, then delete some of your past attachments. This will allow you to post new ones :D
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

If you delete past attachments, it will cause a breakdown in the discussion of old topics and create chaos and confusion. It's akin to vandalism and against forum rules. Please don't do that!
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Sotiris wrote:If you delete past attachments, it will cause a breakdown in the discussion of old topics and create chaos and confusion. It's akin to vandalism and against forum rules. Please don't do that!

Then why does it give you an option to delete your past attachments? If that's against rules, then what is it there for? That makes no sense.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

That's just the default software permissions. It has nothing to do with the forum rules.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

This whole forum needs an upgrade, you cant even embed youtube anymore that I am aware of.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Indeed, I too am no longer able to post photos...
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:I don't add image links, I try to download them directly from my computer, and get the same message every time.
Oh, I see. I hope the problem gets solved soon and you and everybody else can post images again.
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Sotiris wrote:The same error appears to me as well when I attempt to attach an image. It's probably a bandwidth issue. I will try to contact the admin about it. In the meantime, you can embed images here by uploading them first on a free file-hosting website such as Imgbox, Imgur, or Postimage.
Thanks for the tip. (I think also disqus could be an option, but then I would have to create a new account).
D82 wrote:Oh, I see. I hope the problem gets solved soon and you and everybody else can post images again.
Hopefully with its next update or so.