Beyonce's Movie Deal With Disney In Talks

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Beyonce's Movie Deal With Disney In Talks

Post by disneyprincess11 »

But....why? :?
Beyoncé just starred in Disney’s 2019 remake of “The Lion King” and produced an album inspired by the film, but it would seem that her work with Disney isn’t over yet. Rumor has it the singer and actress is in talks with Disney for a multi-million dollar movie deal, and we have to admit we’re definitely excited by the possibility that Queen Bey could rule at Disney.

A source reportedly spoke to U.K.’s The Sun and claimed that Beyoncé’s role in “The Lion King” won’t be the last time we see her in a Disney film. The source claims that the artist is currently negotiating a film deal with Disney, and they could not only be paying her the big bucks but also allowing her to have free reign over whatever projects she chooses to produce with the studio. Here’s what the insider said:

Beyoncé’s deal with Disney for The Lion King was one of the biggest it has done to date.

Now they want to expand it by giving her free reign to create her own movies under the Disney umbrella.

The conversations are ongoing but it’s an exciting proposition.

https://insidethemagic.net/2019/07/disn ... -deal-ba1/
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Beyonce's Movie Deal With Disney In Talks

Post by D82 »

Free reign to create her own movies? That doesn't sound good. I hope it's not true.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Is Disney really attributing The Lion King's success to her? The movie would have been a blockbuster no matter what. After the lackluster result of her involvement with The Lion King (acting, singing, songwriting—all subpar), I don't want her near any other Disney projects.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Is this site trustworthy?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wouldn't take as them attributing TLK's success to Beyoncé. I think it's more that they recognize / appreciate Beyoncé's value as a talent and a brand name and they want to continue working with her. I haven't had a chance to listen to TLK: The Gift yet, but I enjoy her two performances on TLK 2019's soundtrack. I like her, personally, and hope this is true. *shrug* I'd love her to jumpstart some new film musicals at Disney in a similar vein to Dreamgirls.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

If this is true, it's a huge transition from a decade ago when they wouldn't let Beyonce have the lead role in TPATF without an audition.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

JeanGreyForever wrote:If this is true, it's a huge transition from a decade ago when they wouldn't let Beyonce have the lead role in TPATF without an audition.
We were spared. :P If only we got so lucky now. Can we get Anika Noni Rose a Disney movie deal instead of Beyonce? She's a far better singer and actress and has a lovely personality to boot.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Sotiris wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:If this is true, it's a huge transition from a decade ago when they wouldn't let Beyonce have the lead role in TPATF without an audition.
We were spared. :P If only we got so lucky now. Can we get Anika Noni Rose a Disney movie deal instead of Beyonce? She's a far better singer and actress and has a lovely personality to boot.
Lol, I agree. I've been dying to see her in high-profile projects because she's been relegated to bit roles in TV shows for the past few years. Honestly, I would also take Jennifer Hudson if we couldn't get Anika Noni Rose, because she's so talented and down-to-earth.

I wonder if one of these alleged Beyonce projects might be Aida.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I’m glad Anika Noni Rose got the role over Beyoncé and JHUD, too, because she fit the character of Tiana better. There's no denying all three ladies are incredible though, which is why I’ll still be excited if this is true. Beyoncé definitely has a bigger brand than the other two though. The only other films I’ve seen ANR in are Dreamgirls and For Colored Girls. She was especially good in the latter.

Btw, JHUD is clearly the best singer of the three, imo, but I’m still glad ANR got the role over her as much as Beyoncé. There's such an unwarranted hatred Beyoncé seems to inspire.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

farerb wrote:Is this site trustworthy?
The Sun is an extremely notorious UK gossip rag, commonly known for spewing complete nonsense. So, yeah, massive grain of salt.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Beyoncé is in advanced talks to sign an £80 million deal with Disney for three major projects. The singer will appear on the soundtrack for Marvel film Black Panther 2, which is due for release next year, plus two other blockbusters. It comes after she featured on last year’s remake of The Lion King.

A source said: “Beyoncé has become a major player for Disney and is the perfect fit for their brand. She’s worked on a number of projects for them, including voicing Nala in the reboot of The Lion King, and now they’re keen to secure her for more projects. Disney have put forward a deal worth around £80 million, which will secure Beyoncé for three major projects, including the Black Panther sequel.

As part of the deal they are also trying to get her team to agree to have Beyoncé voicing some of the new documentaries coming to Disney Plus. After the success of having Meghan Markle voicing the film Elephant on the platform, they have projects coming up which align perfectly with Beyoncé’s brand. The negotiations are still ongoing but it’s the final details that are being thrashed out now.”
Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1 ... -projects/