Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Avengers: Endgame

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

What I find strange is that before Avengers surpassed Avatar, the box office said $2,788.0. But after it became number 2, it says $2,789.7. As far as I know, there has been no re-releases of Avatar lately. So where did the extra 1.7 million come from?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wonder if Avatar 2--whenever it happens, 2053 maybe--will re-take the crown. :P
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I wonder if Avatar 2--whenever it happens, 2053 maybe--will re-take the crown. :P
I don't think so. There was a lot of build up and a lot of anticipation for Endgame. To be honest I don't think anyone cares about Avatar at this point.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

farerb wrote:To be honest I don't think anyone cares about Avatar at this point.
That doesn't bode well for Disney. Especially since Fox movies are flopping the one after the other.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:What I find strange is that before Avengers surpassed Avatar, the box office said $2,788.0. But after it became number 2, it says $2,789.7. As far as I know, there has been no re-releases of Avatar lately. So where did the extra 1.7 million come from?
Here's the answer:
Why are Avatar‘s grosses higher than what’s on Box Office Mojo? Because its global B.O. was updated by Disney/Fox to reflect a small amount of reissue grosses in various territories over the years.
https://deadline.com/2019/07/avengers-e ... 202649741/
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

In other words, Box Office Mojo can't be completed trusted. If reissue grosses can accumulate for years before being added, who knows how many other movies that should have their numbers updated.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The Russo Brothers responded to James Cameron with this tweet: https://twitter.com/Russo_Brothers/stat ... 49/photo/1
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeoSuperBlissey »

I posted this over on the Disney Plus thread, but I also wanted to let you know on this one:

Endgame will be on D+ AT LAUNCH!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cS3ZRvJsKZ8
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

So, not a single actor in this film had a lead role? It has nothing to do with the supporting categories being easier to break through, right? Sure, Disney. :wink:

Source: https://disneystudiosawards.com/avengers/consider
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I think it depends on screentime. The actor needs to pass a certain amount of screentime to be eligible to be nominated for lead actor.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I think it's because the movie is technically viewed as an ensemble without one or two true leads. I guess you could make the argument that Iron Man is the lead character, but Captain America, Thor, Ant-Man and the Hulk's roles are just as important.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Finally saw this! Overall, I don't think it was as good as Infinity War, but I guess that was expected with most of the best characters dead; Ant-man, Thor, and Rocket were the only ones around for the majority of it that I cared for. I'm kind of glad that Iron Man, the old Captain America, and whoever the woman that CA was in love with (I forget who that character was) have been retired. I never was crazy about any of them, tbh. I just hate Chadwick Boseman won't be in this going forward. :( :( What could've been with his character. At least Deadpool will start to be incorporated into all this going forward, and Tom Holland's Spider-Man can start coming into his own more.

I enjoyed the Tilda Swinton cameo. You know what, I'd prefer Thor and Loki just got absorbed into the GotG franchise because I usually don't enjoy the Thor films beyond those two whereas I've enjoyed both GotG films and all of the main cast in those. Quill and Thor have great chemistry, too. :D A lot of films I've been waiting to see are finally showing up on TV. Tomorrow I should be watching Home (which always looked horrid, but I try to give everything a chance; The Boss Baby, Ferdinand, and The Boxtrolls all looked bad from the commercials, too, and I ended up liking those films) and How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World, which I have few expectations about. Maybe Toy Story 4 and/or Onward might show up on Freeform sometime soon! *prays*
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Robert Downey Jr.’s Iron Man Will Not Return, Says Kevin Feige: We Would Never ‘Magically Undo’ His Death
https://variety.com/2023/film/news/robe ... 235819990/