Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by DC Fan »

Sorry to bump the post but I have a question. Will The Black Cauldron set will be available on Amazon at the same time as Comic Con it takes longer?
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Comic Con Exclusives usually become available at shared retailers on day 2 of the con (this year that is Friday, July 19), however sometimes they do end up online a little earlier or later. I would keep an eye out on r/funkopop starting Thursday evening. Sort by new. They are usually really good about posting links the moment products become available. I had no issue getting The Hyena 3-Pack earlier this year, but ECC has different rules about their exclusives than SDCC so not sure how easy the Taran and Horned King 2-Pack will be. It's also likely that it (TBC 2-Pack) was produced in much smaller numbers than the Hyenas so it's possible it will sell out sooner. Though the demand is probably lower too so it's really a coin flip. Best thing you can do is be by your computer as often as possible con weekend.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Thank you.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Ordered my Eric / Ariel (Purple Dress) / and Ursula 6 in. :D The pictures came out on HotTopic for the new pops, and I have to say the new Ursula (with eels) is ugly. I think that one's a pass for me. And I'm sure they'll make a F&J 2-pack some day if they made the Hyenas and Ariel's animal sidekicks. I'll wait to order the new Ariel (mermaid), Scuttle, and Louie until this Christmas when everything's dropped to about half-price; they're not as important to me and I doubt they'll be going anywhere.

The "Kiss the Girl" Moment finally has a page on the Target website. Its release date is listed as 8/2. :)

EDIT:

For those who plan to buy the Black Cauldron pops, they have a direct-to-cart link ready to go:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/item-dispatch ... antity.1=1

The pops aren’t live though and nobody knows when they will be yet. Just wanted to share. Good luck. :)
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

^ Thanks for the link! We have no idea how much they'll be yet? I am on a teensy budget and can't blindly add them to my cart... :(
Disney's Divinity

blackcauldron85 wrote:^ Thanks for the link! We have no idea how much they'll be yet? I am on a teensy budget and can't blindly add them to my cart... :(
When I tried the link last night, the item was listed as $30.00 even if it wasn't available yet. It doesn't say that now. Maybe I was seeing things? :? :lol:
blackcauldron85

^ :lol: They may have not meant to make it live yet or something. I'll see if I can manage $30... But this will only be released in a limited quantity on Amazon?
Disney's Divinity

Yeah. And $30 makes sense as a price to me. I believe the Amazon exclusive Pua & Heihei pop was $15, and this is a 2-pack, so the price will be doubled...

They really did turn out great, imo. Not like poor Quasimodo. :lol: I wish I could get it myself and I feel bad skipping a villain especially, but the one consolation is that I've missed or skipped several others, too. Between Giant Ursula, the "Kiss the Girl" Moment, and King Triton--that'll be like I've bought 3 Disney treasure boxes in a month. I can't do $30 more right now, it's getting out of control for me.
Disney's Divinity

The SDCC pops are up now. Get them while you can!
blackcauldron85

I just ordered the TBC pops...I had $20 extra from overtime that should have gone to medical bills...adulting is hard, guys. Thanks for the heads up!
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Picked up my Quasimodo from Hot Topic! Had several to choose from as far as paint jobs. Most of them seemed to have scuffed noses! Got one that looked pretty decent. Also ordered the Horned King two-pack. Amazon is hit or miss. My Hyena three-pack had good paint jobs and came in without damage. Fingers crossed these will, too!
Disney's Divinity wrote:They really did turn out great, imo. Not like poor Quasimodo.
I disagree. I'm not sure how else he could look considering these are stylized? :P I'm still kinda meh about the Pop being from the Guy Like You scene, considering it's the worst in the movie. As far as the sculpt, he looks pretty much exactly how I always imagined he would. But then, I think King Triton looks atrocious, so, different strokes.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Do the Amazon exclusive sell out or will they keep selling it?
Disney's Divinity

DC Fan wrote:Do the Amazon exclusive sell out or will they keep selling it?
Yes. Here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SH ... 0DER&psc=1

I wish it had sold out fast, because I broke down and bought it yesterday. :lol: :headshake: They just look too perfect, and I'd like to have the Horned King to go with Maleficent. Hopefully they make Eilonwy, too, someday.

What kills me is they didn't even get the title right. They called it "The Dark Cauldron." WTH. rotfl
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

I ordered it already. Thanks.

It's just that I wonder if it'll be always available or until they run out.
Disney's Divinity

Ariel (the sea foam dress) came yesterday. Thankfully the legs were not mannish like in the early images. :P It's so odd how much darker the hair on the Ariel (Pink Dress) pop is next to all the other Ariel pops.
blackcauldron85 wrote:I just ordered the TBC pops...I had $20 extra from overtime that should have gone to medical bills...adulting is hard, guys. Thanks for the heads up!
I hope everything's alright, bc85.
ProfessorRatigan wrote: I disagree. I'm not sure how else he could look considering these are stylized? :P I'm still kinda meh about the Pop being from the Guy Like You scene, considering it's the worst in the movie. As far as the sculpt, he looks pretty much exactly how I always imagined he would. But then, I think King Triton looks atrocious, so, different strokes.
Looking at the pictures on the HotTopic website, Quasi does look better than I thought from that first picture, although I still hope the pop sells well and they make a line for the film with a better Quasi. Maybe a Festival of Fools variant.

Triton actually looks a lot better than I expected for the character. I always expected his design would be hard to translate (big body / small head). Funko in general has gone a little too far with the details, imo, to the point that sometimes they look like any action figure except with black dots for eyes. I miss when the designs were more basic. The original Ursula pop and this new one are like night and day; it isn't a flattering comparison for the new pop at all.

Btw, the one thing I'm glad about is that they got the crown right on Triton's pop. Whereas the Giant Ursula pop, the spikes are too thin/pointy. That's a nitpick, but the Giant Ursula pop does cost more than others. *shrug*
DC Fan wrote: It's just that I wonder if it'll be always available or until they run out.
I assumed it would sell out very quickly, but it's still available. My understanding of all the different Funko exclusives is limited, at best... :lol: I end up asking a lot of dumb questions over on the Funko website.
blackcauldron85

Disney's Divinity wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote:I just ordered the TBC pops...I had $20 extra from overtime that should have gone to medical bills...adulting is hard, guys. Thanks for the heads up!
I hope everything's alright, bc85.
Thank you <3 I have about $40 in Dr bills this month, more than $40 next month. I'm okay. Just saved $40 on dog food (BOGO) so it actually worked out.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Thanks.

Still available though. We know The Black Cauldron is not a popular Disney movie but the Funko Pops of Disney always sell well. More so when we're talking Villains.

I'm pretty sure I'll be selling Taran. Hope someone wants him.

It's just that I don't care for the character.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

blackcauldron85 wrote:
Disney's Divinity wrote: I hope everything's alright, bc85.
Thank you <3 I have about $40 in Dr bills this month, more than $40 next month. I'm okay. Just saved $40 on dog food (BOGO) so it actually worked out.
I also hope that you are doing well despite having medical needs.
blackcauldron85

Thank you, DD! <3 Just my asthma + allergies + tummy...things I've dealt with for forever! Just lots of Dr visits always.

Do you all think if this TBC set sells well that we'll get more? I want Gurgi and Hen Wen and Eilonwy at the very least, but also the Fairfolk, Creeper, Dallben, Ffleuder, the Witches maybe, Gwythaints?! #greedy ...wishful never-gonna-happen thinking: Dallben's cat!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Ok bc85 as long as you are doing alright. :)