The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by Clindor »

When I think of it, this year is ‘Sleeping Beauty’s 60th Anniversary! :o

At look at the kind of reissue we’ll get.. :angry: :down:
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Clindor wrote:
Jules wrote:and The Black Cauldron. :(
Disney is planning to make a live-action remake of this one. Unless if they cancel the project, I'm not too worry for this one to be eventually released on Blu-ray at some point in the next years, at least as a DMC Exclusive.
That's a good point I hadn't thought of before. You're right that it might actually get released to coincide with the first part of their Prydain series as it hits theaters and/or home media. :!:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Escapay wrote: It's weird, it depends on the title.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Beauty and the Beast, Pinocchio, Bambi, and The Lion King were already in the Signature Collection when the new "Movies Anywhere" pages went live in October 2017. Each one included the new Signature bonuses along with the classic Platinum/Diamond bonuses that were lucky enough to go digital.

Movies Anywhere's pages for the other Diamond Editions included a selection of bonus features that varied based on the title: Cinderella's page only included the newly-created Diamond Edition extras, including "Tangled Ever After." Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, The Jungle Book, The Little Mermaid, and Aladdin repeated all the extras featured on the Diamond Edition disc, so each page was a mix of Platinum and Diamond extras. Aladdin notably included the complete "Diamond in the Rough" documentary, albeit in a hodgepodge order that doesn't replicate the original viewing.

When Lady and the Tramp went Signature in 2018, a new page was made, but the Signature extras were not added to the original Diamond page.

However, when Peter Pan went Signature in 2018, the Diamond page retroactively added the Signature extras to them.

Then, when The Little Mermaid went Signature this year, a new page was made, and again, the Signature extras were not added to the original Diamond page.

Finally, to make it all the more confusing, when Cinderella went Signature, its Diamond page dropped "Tangled Ever After" but added the fluffy Disney Channel featurette, while its Signature page included the two new features (the trivia puff piece and "In Walt's Words") along with, again, the Diamond Edition extras. None of the Cinderella Platinum Edition bonus features ("From Rags to Riches," "From Walt's Table," "A Tribute to Mary Blair," "The Cinderella That Almost Was," etc.) have ever been on a digital platform, be it iTunes, Movies Anywhere, Vudu, etc.

So it's anybody's guess for Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, and One Hundred and One Dalmatians in a couple months.
Thanks for compiling all that information! I have to say that I always really appreciate your posts! They're so informative and well-organized and I love how you always explain the context of the information as well. There are so many posts of yours that I've bookmarked so I can use to reference later on when I need to.
JeanGreyForever wrote: That's UD member SWillie!, although he hasn't posted here in awhile. Since he moved to a backstage creative role at Disney, I don't see him at Studios as often as I used to (he was a sketch artist at Animation Gallery for quite some time), but we occasionally keep in touch via Twitter or FB Messenger. I once suggested he make covers for Academy Award Review of Walt Disney Cartoons and Music Land, but I know those are deep-cut films that nobody would be interested in Criterion-izing and aren't even on DVD, let alone Blu-Ray. But I'm glad he listened to my suggestion of making covers for The Reluctant Dragon and Victory Through Air Power; he originally intended to only do the hybrids.

Albert
That's so neat! I didn't realize he was a user from this site. I've seen some of his art on his Twitter and he's really quite talented. I'm glad he has a more substantial role at Disney now especially considering how passionate he is about his favorite films. Although I doubt Disney will end up doing this, it would be nice if they included their forgotten films on their new streaming service.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Will Sleeping Beauty and 101 Dalmatians also be released this year? Or next year?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:Will Sleeping Beauty and 101 Dalmatians also be released this year? Or next year?
The release date that I saw was September 24th.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Interesting, and they're sticking to that awful cover art?! But yeah, I guess it makes sense, because Maleficent - Mistress of Evil comes out in October. I wonder if the original Maleficent comes out in 4K, too.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:Interesting, and they're sticking to that awful cover art?! But yeah, I guess it makes sense, because Maleficent - Mistress of Evil comes out in October. I wonder if the original Maleficent comes out in 4K, too.
It does.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Thanks for the info :) I will buy it, because I missed out on the Diamond Edition, though I do have the Platinum Edition.
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

The Steelbook pictures for SB and 101 are up.

SB looks great, 101 not so much.........
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Here they are:
Attachments
101Dalmatians-steelbook.jpg
101Dalmatians-steelbook.jpg (45.64 KiB) Viewed 6671 times
SleepingBeauty-steelbook.jpg
SleepingBeauty-steelbook.jpg (35.05 KiB) Viewed 6671 times
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I think both the covers look great, although the dragon's fire should be green. I wonder if they purposely made it this way because the dragon in Maleficent didn't have green fire either, and they're trying to blend with that film as much as possible to leech sales off the Maleficent sequel?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I think both the covers look great, although the dragon's fire should be green. I wonder if they purposely made it this way because the dragon in Maleficent didn't have green fire either, and they're trying to blend with that film as much as possible to leech sales off the Maleficent sequel?
It's the same as the Platinum Edition. They reused the art.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I love the Sleeping Beauty steelbook. It’s beautiful.
DisneyFreak5282
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFreak5282 »

I love that Sleeping Beauty steelbook, although I think I'm done buying these re-releases. They should've used the steelbook artwork as the standard cover.
UDer #3495 :D
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

they're ok, I think the Dalmatians one works better b/c of the minimalism always being associated with its retro graphics. I dont like all the white negative space on the Sleeping Beauty one. I'm seeing this trend now of Disney just making a collage of character clip art lumped together for covers. That cover for the blu-ray multi screen is even worse. All they did was zoom in on clip-art. Why cant they just use one of the many older beautiful art pieces that have been made as posters and home media covers in the past? Its not that hard. :roll:
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Love the Sleeping Beauty steelbook. Great choice of art and it's composition.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

They should've used the stellbook art on the regular edition. Let's see what the Target exclusive will be like.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Why are none of these available for pre-order on any website? I don't have the $ yet, but when I do I'd like to order them!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

The Dalmatian one was almost perfect but I don't like how they made all the collars different colors that were never in the film.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Sicoe Vlad wrote:They should've used the stellbook art on the regular edition. Let's see what the Target exclusive will be like.
I agree.