Aladdin (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Aladdin (Live-Action)

Post by Disney's Divinity »

$900 million is certain, imo. I hope it's able to hit a billion, but I believe it'll at least get to 940-50 million, which I would round up to a billion anyway. :lol: Maybe Disney could have a limited sing-a-long release a couple of weeks after its run is done like what was done with A Star Is Born? I think Disney themselves did something like that with the live-action B&tB, too, didn't they?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

Yes, they did do sing-a-long screenings for B&tB so hopefully they do that for Aladdin to give it a little extra push :)
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm glad you're so happy, ChrisLyne!
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

I can't stop listening to A Whole New World and its different versions...The original is my favorite Disney love song and I feel they adapted it, musical-wise.
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

Disney Duster wrote:I'm glad you're so happy, ChrisLyne!
Thanks Disney Duster :D
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Yeah, frankly I didn't understand this either because the previous pattern was to release one of their remakes each year. 2014 - Maleficent, 2015 - Cinderella, 2016 - The Jungle Book, 2017 - Beauty and the Beast, etc. Some of the smaller remakes like Pete's Dragon, Alice Through the Looking Glass, and Christopher Robin were fine to pepper in every so often, but the big ones like The Lion King and Aladdin should have been given their own years since they're event movies.
I know, right?
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I saw it last Friday with some of my family. I honesty found it really cute. Smith still looked weird in his CGI blue form(why they give him such a buff bod? :P ) The two leads were really good, very likable. Jafar was still flat but I liked the thief backstory for him. I did notice a sort of "Disney theme park production" feel with the costumes. The sets were ok. I liked the musical numbers and loved Jasmine's new song though I found the reprise oddly placed in the climax.

So how are they gonna do a sequel with the genie not being a genie anymore? I hope its not a prequel b/c I really liked the two leads and Id miss seeing them again.
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

I can't see them doing a prequel, Mena and Naomi were way too loved in their roles for them to do a prequel instead of a sequel. It was the chemistry between the 3 leads that made the movie, they'll want to keep that.

I'm guessing they'll find a way to give Genie back his powers temporarily for whatever sequel they do.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

ChrisLyne wrote:I can't see them doing a prequel, Mena and Naomi were way too loved in their roles for them to do a prequel instead of a sequel. It was the chemistry between the 3 leads that made the movie, they'll want to keep that.

I'm guessing they'll find a way to give Genie back his powers temporarily for whatever sequel they do.
Aladdin can be the franchise that can replace the Pirates of the Caribbean that Disney has been looking for.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I also think they can do a sequel. Something similar to Return of Jafar, but longer.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

https://ew.com/movies/2019/07/01/aladdi ... ie-career/

Aladdin has officially made $875 million worldwide. $900 million is a lock at this point although I'm still hoping it can make $1 billion. This film has also passed Independence Day as Will Smith’s highest-grossing film worldwide.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney's Divinity

Sicoe Vlad wrote:I also think they can do a sequel. Something similar to Return of Jafar, but longer.
I agree. If they’re thinking of making a trilogy out of this, what would be a good idea is if the film deals with a new villain—maybe a rival kingdom—in the 2nd movie, perhaps one who’s trying to get the lamp (which has Jafar inside). And then end the film with a sort of twist. The new villain’s defeated or whatever, they think they’ve kept Jafar in the Cave of Wonders, only for the viewers to see him walking around out and about at the end of the 2nd film. Then the third one is all about him getting revenge.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Found an interesting box office milestone for Aladdin over at Jedi Council Forums.

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/epi ... 8/page-187
Aladdin has NOW made over a million every single day since its release which puts it past Endgame and on its way to tying TFA which is an absolutely amazing run. For a movie that will end up under $400 million, it's probably the highest # of days over $1 million.
ImageImage
Disney's Divinity

As of July 4th, the film is only 2.6 million from hitting 900 million. :dance:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

https://deadline.com/2019/07/aladdin-cr ... 42327/amp/

Aladdin should reach $950 million globally by the end of its run. That puts it just below The Jungle Book worldwide.
ImageImage
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

I think this is the worst off the Disney remakes. It's incredibly toned down. But Naomi Scott was a great Jasmine and Navid Negahban who i have never seen in anything before and haven't even heard of was also good.

This will probably lead to more roles for both.

It's nice that Navid Negahban got a break out role so relatively late in life. Many you ain't star by his age don't get very much of a cerrar the rest of their life either.

I think see Mena Massoud have a career in b level action movies after this and when gets older he will probably play middle eastern authority figures in low budget genre filmes.

Movies like Caborg 3 or The Secret of Moonacre.

Probably some voice acting in mostly non-theatrical animated movies or assorted episodes of cartoons.

I don't think Marwan Kenzari will get many jobs after this movie. Maybe some gust roles on soap operas and police procedural dramas.

Likely commercials for various product like shampoo or coffee makers.

I can't see the future. But i know a bit about how Hollywood works. Being a huge film buff.
Disney's Divinity

After July 5th, it's at $899,979,616. :lol: So close.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

The flimsy pretense of enthusiasm some posters suddenly feel the need to display for this movie in order to cover up their outdated, racist views is laughable imo.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

JeanGreyForever wrote:The flimsy pretense of enthusiasm some posters suddenly feel the need to display for this movie in order to cover up their outdated, racist views is laughable imo.
Disney's Divinity expressed how much he loved the film way before the news of Halle Bailey broke. Also, vagueing about other members so you can attack them is not permitted. Especially when it's unprovoked. Please refrain from doing so in the future.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Sotiris wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:The flimsy pretense of enthusiasm some posters suddenly feel the need to display for this movie in order to cover up their outdated, racist views is laughable imo.
Disney's Divinity expressed how much he loved the film way before the news of Halle Bailey broke. Also, vagueing about other members so you can attack them is not permitted. Especially when it's unprovoked. Please refrain from doing so in the future.
Very well, but I found the the timing of the post convenient especially after some posts I consider propagating hate speech in TLM thread. I've addressed my concerns there.
ImageImage