Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Re: Frozen 2

Post by Warm Regards »

Sotiris wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:Clearly not the case which is a shame. I hope they didn't create such a significant time gap just because they wanted Anna and Kristoff to marry and they felt it wouldn't be acceptable otherwise.
That's probably it. I mean they already did it with Tangled in the epilogue.
I thought the Tangled epilogue was a joke in that they got married fairly quickly. Eugene is saying "constant asking and asking..." then Rapunzel interjects with a teasing, "Eugene..." Plus Rapunzel's hair would have grown out a little past the pixie cut at the wedding, yes? (I haven't see the series as of yet ... Will get on it one day.)
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Welp, we already have a leaked song :lol:

https://twitter.com/fans_of_frozen/stat ... 32640?s=21
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Welp, we already have a leaked song :lol:

https://twitter.com/fans_of_frozen/stat ... 32640?s=21
Love to hear Idina belt.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Well, we've seen Eric and Phoebus as fathers. Aladdin spends King of Thieves reflecting on how he doesn't think he'll be a good father to future kids he has with Jasmine after their marriage because his own was absent. I haven't bothered with the Tangled TV show, but I've heard that Flynn repeatedly has asked Rapunzel to marry him and I think kids were mentioned.
Well, to be fair, Aladdin is rather stating his concern of his ignorance of how to raise a family. And at the end of Tangled, Flynn is rather asking about marriage than starting a family. Sorry for nitpicking.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

The snippet of the song is too brief to really get a feel from it, but I like what I've heard so far. I wonder if this song will be sung as the characters begin their adventure or when Elsa is isolated from the others.
DisneyFan09 wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:Well, we've seen Eric and Phoebus as fathers. Aladdin spends King of Thieves reflecting on how he doesn't think he'll be a good father to future kids he has with Jasmine after their marriage because his own was absent. I haven't bothered with the Tangled TV show, but I've heard that Flynn repeatedly has asked Rapunzel to marry him and I think kids were mentioned.
Well, to be fair, Aladdin is rather stating his concern of his ignorance of how to raise a family. And at the end of Tangled, Flynn is rather asking about marriage than starting a family. Sorry for nitpicking.
However, if he's worried about being unable to raise a family that would suggest that he doubts his ability as a father to future kids (not to mention a husband to his wife) because of the lack of a fatherly presence in his own life.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Welp, we already have a leaked song.
You can't tell much from the snippet aside that it's another power ballad. It does confirm that "Into the Unknown" is Elsa's new signature song and most likely the only song from the film submitted to the Oscars. Disney only submitted "Let It Go" from the original so I expect them to follow the same strategy with the sequel. If everything goes well, at least three out of five Oscar-nominated songs next year will be from Disney films: "Into the Unknown", "Speechless", and "The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy".
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

They're definitely going to push for a new song from The Lion King to be nominated as well, or in place of one of these. Besides the fact that it'll be one of their biggest grossers of the year so it'll be on everyone's minds, there's also the matter of Beyonce. Any song of hers will have massive acclaim with the public and the Oscars will definitely want her to perform for ratings.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

That's right! I forgot about that one. Probably becuase we don't have a title yet. Could you imagine if four out of five songs were from Disney movies? That would be cool but I'm sure accusations of Disney buying votes or something would arise.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Agreed, the snippet was too short to truly get a feel from it. But since Let it Go was such a behemoth of it's own, one shouldn't be surprised if the Lopezes tried to replicate the same formula for it. Of course they'll never be able to write an exacpt copy, but at least they'll most likely try to retrace the success of the song. But they'll probably cover up for it by stating the opposite, that they've tried to write a different hit :P
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

It says that page doesn't exist. :(
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Not sure if anyone cares, but since we see birch trees in the trailer, I wondered how common they are in the world. It looks like people living in Oceania, Africa, South-America and southern North-America don't encounter them much:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Areal_bereza.png

I only mention this because it is the first time I can remember that birch threes have been given some attention in a animated movie.
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Frozen II, Onward, Soul headline animation for Disney Studios presentation at 2019 D23 Expo:
https://d23.com/disney-animation-pixar-d23-expo-2019/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New synopsis found in a tie-in book.
After a strange illness strikes Arendelle, Anna discovers a secret room in the castle and incants a magic spell hoping to cure the sickness. Instead, a sinister wolf arrives, threatening to destroy the peaceful kingdom. Anna, Elsa and their friends embark on a thrilling quest to save Arendelle.
Source: http://www.scholastic.com.au/retail/boo ... r_2019.pdf
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I know that Lasseter stuck his hand into the making of Kingdom Hearts 3--the first time Disney had really done it to the extent that he did, another example of his over-the-top micromanagement (thank God, he's gone). Interestingly, the Frozen world in that game's final boss is a giant, white wolf named Fenrir... Norse mythology, I know, but I wonder if Lasseter/Lee hinted at them to do that on purpose.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

The wolf that Hans summons?(or he turns into?)I thought it wad called Skoll?

interesting synopsis, though I'm not sure if it actually has to do with the sequel though.

BTW the latest spec for Frozen 2 plot is:The elements are out of balance for some reason and the only way to restore them is for Elsa to stay in the enchanted forest, so she has to choose b/w having to leave Anna and Arendelle... or not.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I think that was a similar idea to what I speculated here back when the first teaser/poster came out with all the different symbols, that perhaps the events of the first film when Elsa nearly wiped out a whole city (and who knows how far outwards her magic extended) might've triggered some magic beings in reaction to her. An imbalance of the elements would be an interesting storyline.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

unprincess wrote:The wolf that Hans summons?(or he turns into?)I thought it wad called Skoll?

interesting synopsis, though I'm not sure if it actually has to do with the sequel though.

BTW the latest spec for Frozen 2 plot is:The elements are out of balance for some reason and the only way to restore them is for Elsa to stay in the enchanted forest, so she has to choose b/w having to leave Anna and Arendelle... or not.
If that's the case then I'm curious about the ending and if they'll go the route of Toy Story 4 and have Elsa be parted from Anna and Arendelle in order to restore balance. That would obviously set up another sequel where they are reunited unless they plan on finding a way for Elsa to be able to return to Arendelle at the end after all, which I think is the more likely scenario. I don't think Disney has the guts to split the sisters up.
ImageImage
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

New leaks on characters
Attachments
C6643471-0133-49FA-9233-25C58E2DB0D6.png
C6643471-0133-49FA-9233-25C58E2DB0D6.png (139.39 KiB) Viewed 5192 times
7CBE46ED-461A-47FD-A696-13E88E0792B5.png
7CBE46ED-461A-47FD-A696-13E88E0792B5.png (102.36 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

New leaks on characters
Attachments
ED431631-62CB-4C17-80C9-E7655B9A09D7.jpeg
ED431631-62CB-4C17-80C9-E7655B9A09D7.jpeg (41.95 KiB) Viewed 5190 times
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

oooh... so Im gonna assume we got some of the Sami there, Matthias..and a lizard? an odd animal for a Scandinavian setting.

...actually the lizard might be asalmandar which is also a mythological creature associated with elemental fire... :milkbuds: