Cinderella Discussion

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Cinderella Discussion

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Lol, you're right, that is Lucifer! Haha, can't believe we both mistook him for a bench. Yeah, whenever you get back home and have free time, I know I'd love to see a larger pic and I'm sure other people would be pleased too!

Glad you're happy with that pic!
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Ok here is the larger picture! Just click on the thumbnail and you should see the larger size.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Thanks for posting!
ImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Disney Duster wrote:
Oh, these are beautiful. :D are there any high resolution versions?
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

I got to see Cinderella on the big screen over the weekend. So good! It was great seeing it with an audience at the movies versus watching it at home on a TV screen. I can see why both the sound and score were nominated for Oscars. They were both sublime and intricate. Such a beautiful movie, and it will always be my favorite. Well done, Disney!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Wow, that sounds like quite an experience. Glad you got the opportuniy and enjoyed it! Do you know if the film screened was the DVD/Blu-Ray Restoration? I know when they recently screened BATB for its 25th Anniversary, they used the original film print.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Sicoe Vlad, I am so, so glad you like them, but unfortunately I know of know high resolution versions. Just the link to the bigger "Preparing for a Ball" one I provided and a link for a bigger "At the Ball" I will provide below. Otherwise, I can't find any bigger images online. Here's a bigger "At the Ball".

Tsom, I am so jealous of you!!! But I am very glad you got to see the film like that! I, too, am curious what version of the film was used.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

That is beautiful, Duster!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you very much, Vlad! I am so glad to have all three of those artworks in some form or another.

While I'm here, I thought I'd share my favorite trailer of all time, though it's actually a TV spot, for this film. Click here. It has Antonio Vivaldi's "Summer" from The Four Seasons in it. Fun fact, Vivaldi lived around the time the fairy tale of Cinderella that the Disney version is based on was written! "Where Fairy Tales Began" indeed!
Marce82
Anniversary Edition

Post by Marce82 »

HA! Thanks Disney Duster!

Many years ago, a similar tv promo aired on ESPN with the same music... and I had taped it (yes, VHS), and didnt know what the music was. Eventually, I erased it by accident. Thanks! It's a great trailer/promo!
tsom
Anniversary Edition

Post by tsom »

Unfortunately, I didn't buy the Diamond Edition release. I only have the Platinum Edition DVD. I will say the colors and sound were superb.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

tsom wrote:Unfortunately, I didn't buy the Diamond Edition release. I only have the Platinum Edition DVD. I will say the colors and sound were superb.
The Diamond Edition and Platinum Edition have the same colors/restoration so you haven't missed out. I'm glad you enjoyed the theatrical version! From your experience and the rumor that Cinderella is coming out as part of the Signature Line this year, perhaps we will get a proper restoration.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Your welcome Marce82!

Thank you tsom. I hope it's not just the colors they get right. I hope all the original detail is kept intact.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I just found, and love, this interview from Ilene Woods. Anyone know when it was recorded? 2012 like the site says it was published?

Ilene Woods Working with Walt
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Jodi Benson's favorite princess (besides Ariel, of course) is Cinderella!
Q: Do you have a favorite Disney princess other than Ariel?

Jodi Benson: Well, I grew up with Cinderella because I was born in the '60s, so Cinderella was really big for me. That's the one I really connected to coming from a small town and just realizing that you can reach the unreachable and get outside of the box.
Source: https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/ ... 9-45803178
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

Disney Duster wrote:I just found, and love, this interview from Ilene Woods. Anyone know when it was recorded? 2012 like the site says it was published?

Ilene Woods Working with Walt
She died in 2010.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Sotiris wrote:Jodi Benson's favorite princess (besides Ariel, of course) is Cinderella!
Q: Do you have a favorite Disney princess other than Ariel?

Jodi Benson: Well, I grew up with Cinderella because I was born in the '60s, so Cinderella was really big for me. That's the one I really connected to coming from a small town and just realizing that you can reach the unreachable and get outside of the box.
Source: https://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/ ... 9-45803178
Not surprising. Cinderella is a great character. And when Aurora and Snow White are the only other choices you have as a child, Cinderella looks even better in comparison. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, wow Jodi that is so amazing! My third favorite princess and the one I go back and forth thinking is the best between her and Belle says her other favorite princess is Cinderella! Well that's awesome, Jodi! I like that Cinderella had you go for the "unreachable" out of "your world"!

Oh, thank you Harbackyoyo! I can't believe I didn't remember when my favorite princess's voice died! I guess I don't want to remember that day. So I wonder when the interview was made.

Lol Divinity. You right!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I have a question - I know that sometimes Disney screen films at local theaters and such and I was wondering if anyone has seen Cinderella and can tell what the DCP looks like and if it resembles the blu ray? I know that Beauty and the Beast has a DCP that looks nothing like the blu ray and I was wondering if Cinderella might be the same case.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I had planned a Cinderella cover art of my own design for a while, could also be poster art, and decided to make it when the Signature Collection release of Cinderella was coming out. I posted it in The Walt Disney Signature Collection thread, and so am re-posting it here with the comments on it from that thread:
Disney Duster wrote:When they were coming out with cover art for Cinderella, I decided to make an idea for a cover I had. It could also be a poster. Hope you guys like it. I can take any critcism! Here it is:
Mooky wrote:That's an interesting concept, Duster. I've never seen anything like that before. I like it!
JeanGreyForever wrote:Wow, what a pretty and unique design. I agree that I've never seen anything like it. It looks like it could be the cover of a storybook or even something from the pages of the Cinderella storybook used in the animated film. Maybe because the layout of the palace and Cinderella's chateau looks like how it appeared in the opening pages of the storybook. It's rare to see Cinderella's chateau appear in promotion for this film let alone Cinderella in her nightgown so this is a really refreshing cover. I love how while she's sleeping, she's essentially dreaming of the ballgown and glass slipper. That's a really ingenious stylistic choice and not one I've seen used by Disney before. The finishing touch for me is the title in pink ribbon with the mice and birds on top of each letter. Overall stupendous job!
Sicoe Vlad wrote:Wow, you drew that yourself? It's beautiful! It's a very interesting and unique concept. :)
Thank you guys so much! I am so glad you guys are noticing it's a different design from what is usually done. I also wanted to reference the original 1950 poster's slanted pink title. I did indeed want it to look like Cinderella is sprawled across the opening storybook pages, representing her dream of making it from her house to the palace. And, yes, thank you for also noticing she is dreaming of her ballgown and glass slippers, and saying it's ingenious! I also tried to reference the mice making her dress with them sewing the pink ribbon title. Only Jaq is not helping and just looking at her lol. I was going to add Cinderella's hand dropping corn to further the idea it is what she does that makes her dream come true, but I thought I couldn't draw it right. By the way I looked at frames of the film for all of my drawing, only her skirt was purely from my imagination. But yes, I still drew it myself!