Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm sure you've already seen them, Widdi, but they revealed new Hocus Pocus pops (variants of the sisters).

The KH2 Lion Sora pop is so cute, but being an E3 exclusive it's beyond my reach. :( At least it's not a merman variant. I'll die if I'm not able to get that one whenever they make it.

I'm really disappointed the direction Funko's gone in, although it was inevitable. I almost bought the Aladdin box yesterday against my better judgment, but even with a 20% off coupon, it would still end up around $33. Just not worth it. I like Funko, but part of the reason I started collecting pops is because they were cute while still being relatively cheap. Now it seems like they're constantly releasing things in the $30-40 range and I just can't keep up with that. Why even buy Funko at that point when an actual figurine would be better and around the same price? The Giant Ursula and Kiss the Girl Moment will have to be all this year, no more Boxes/Rides/Moments/Towns for me.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Most of the E3 exclusives will be shared with GameStop if they do it the same as last year.
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

I got the Aladdin box, which is probably the best of these Hot Topic has done so far. Besides the movie moment, I really like the magic lamp keychain and Abu mini.

I'm expecting to get Lion King and Sleeping Beauty boxes later this year, as a combination to plug their movies and for their anniversaries. If they do more anniversaries, Up and Princess and the Frog would also be nice, but unlikely, especially since they don't like to acknowledge the latter. And while I've liked the Aladdin and Dumbo boxes, I would prefer they go back to adding various movies to these boxes than focusing on just one, anyway.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I'm sure you've already seen them, Widdi, but they revealed new Hocus Pocus pops (variants of the sisters).

The KH2 Lion Sora pop is so cute, but being an E3 exclusive it's beyond my reach. :( At least it's not a merman variant. I'll die if I'm not able to get that one whenever they make it.

I'm really disappointed the direction Funko's gone in, although it was inevitable. I almost bought the Aladdin box yesterday against my better judgment, but even with a 20% off coupon, it would still end up around $33. Just not worth it. I like Funko, but part of the reason I started collecting pops is because they were cute while still being relatively cheap. Now it seems like they're constantly releasing things in the $30-40 range and I just can't keep up with that. Why even buy Funko at that point when an actual figurine would be better and around the same price? The Giant Ursula and Kiss the Girl Moment will have to be all this year, no more Boxes/Rides/Moments/Towns for me.
I like the new Winifred, but the other two aren't different enough. Probably will pass on all 3.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

OMG Funko just revealed the Disney exclusives for the Comicon. THEY ARE MAKING BLACK CAULDRON POPS!
There's also Quasimodo, first time for The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
Ellie and Carl from UP and a ride of Moana with Pua and Hei Hei on the boat.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1560971098916.jpg
FB_IMG_1560971098916.jpg (70.71 KiB) Viewed 5813 times
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Quasi! I'm so excited for him and I think I'll buy him just to help prove that there is a market for Hunchback merchandise. I really hope we'll get more like Esmeralda, Phoebus, Frollo, Clopin, and different outfits for them as well as Quasi. Too bad they kept that annoying playing card in Quasi's hands. The bird would have been a better choice.

I'm surprised that they're making anything for The Black Cauldron lol. That's quite refreshing alongside Hunchback.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

JUST when I think I'm out... I've been selling off the majority of my Funko POP collection lately, even my beloved Disney Villains. I had decided to only keep the ones dear to my heart... (Jafar, Scar, etc.) But the Black Cauldron ones are too niche for me to resist. I want that Horned King.

Quasimodo... Have to say, I'm disappointed. I LOVE that he's been made, but I question why he has to be holding HUGO in his arms... The fact that he has a "variant" kind of feel to him makes me hopeful we're getting a full wave and that the common will be better. I love the actual LOOK and will probably cave and get him... I just hope Funko does a full Hunchback line. I will give them my money for the whole cast. Incidentally, I also got the Cobra Jafar and Be Prepared Deluxe Scar and I love them. But I HAVE sold most of my others off (the Evil Queen, Hag, Queen of Hearts, both Captain Hooks, Smee, Maleficent, the Cruella & Ursula 2-Pack, Robin Hood, Prince John, Sir Hiss...) I just couldn't justify how much they were worth, how much room they were taking up and how unhappy I've been with having all this clutter around... Has anyone else felt similarly?
lord-of-sith
Collector's Edition

Post by lord-of-sith »

ProfessorRatigan wrote:Has anyone else felt similarly?
I too have been selling off a lot of my pops recently, only keeping my favorites to keep down clutter. Right now all I have displayed are Maleficent (HT Chase), Cruella, Jafar, Ursula (original), Yzma (chase), The Sanderson Sisters, Maleficent (Live action), Maleficent (Diamond), and HIM (Chase). I also recently purchased Cruella in the Car and Serpent Jafar. Even keeping it limited, I HAD to get those two. Funko is an expert at getting my dollars. The possibility of a Frollo would absolutely get me, and that Black Cauldron two Pack is so cool and unexpected that I’m seriously considering it.

But I’m with you. For someone that used to have over 100 pops, I’ve trimmed it down considerably.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I personally never bought so many Disney pops to begin with because I wanted so much that I knew that once I started I would spend all my money on them. I only have Beast and Belle with birds, the enchanted rose, Earth Day Wall E and Eve, a Moana rock candy and shark head Maui and a Maleficent rock candy.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Black Cauldron and Quasi, cool! I saw the Lion King Box and think the Scar MM is really nice. But what I really need is the Ed key chain, specially since I don't plan on getting the hyena 3 pack!

Do you guys think they'll make a Frozen box around the time they release Frozen 2? And if they do will it be focused on Frozen 2 or will they focus on the past films and shorts(its probably the last chance they'll ever make a Hans, since he's obviously not appearing n the sequel.)
Disney's Divinity

I might get the Black Cauldron. Quasi I know I won't get. Hunchback's not one of my favorites anyway, but it doesn't look very good either. I think the only characters I'd want from that film are Frollo and maybe Clopin.
Professor Ratigan wrote:Quasimodo... Have to say, I'm disappointed. I LOVE that he's been made, but I question why he has to be holding HUGO in his arms... The fact that he has a "variant" kind of feel to him makes me hopeful we're getting a full wave and that the common will be better. I love the actual LOOK and will probably cave and get him... I just hope Funko does a full Hunchback line.
I think this is them testing the waters. If it sells well, they'll probably make more.
Incidentally, I also got the Cobra Jafar and Be Prepared Deluxe Scar and I love them. But I HAVE sold most of my others off (the Evil Queen, Hag, Queen of Hearts, both Captain Hooks, Smee, Maleficent, the Cruella & Ursula 2-Pack, Robin Hood, Prince John, Sir Hiss...) I just couldn't justify how much they were worth, how much room they were taking up and how unhappy I've been with having all this clutter around... Has anyone else felt similarly?
I keep them in a separate room, which is why I don't have to look at them all the time. It's sort of become my merch room. I have been feeling a little fatigue lately. I didn't buy Cobra Jafar or the Cruella Ride although I would have in the past because I don't know where I'd put them anyway. I'm going to try to make the Kiss the Girl Moment and Giant Ursula the last $25+ purchases I make for single pop items. Sometimes I think maybe I shouldn't have started collecting the Kingdom Hearts pops. I ultimately decided not to get the YYH line; it helps that they don't look too great aside from Botan.

I haven't sold any although there's a few I wouldn't mind getting rid of because over time I dislike the way they look more now (Winter Beast and Belle, Dumbledore, the Cruella from that 2-pack, Tamatoa, maybe Scrooge). The Tamatoa pop is too small standing next to the other pops, even though the design itself is okay. I like to think I could sell them in "hard times." :lol: I go on Amazon sometimes and see old pops being sold at these huge price tags.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

So glad the rest of the SDCC reveals so far have been of zero interest to me, because the Disney one is going to cost me a buttload...

Also a 6" King Triton Deluxe was just revealed. Coming to Hot Topic in July. I'm not crazy about it, but he isn't a character I would have bought anyway.
Disney's Divinity

I knew Triton would be an exclusive somewhere! I think he turned out nice. Why is it a 6'' though? If it was going to be tall, they should've had him sitting on his throne.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

The Black Cauldron = ComicCon Exclusive = only can get at ComicCon or pay a lot on eBay? :(
Avaitor
Collector's Edition

Post by Avaitor »

blackcauldron85 wrote:The Black Cauldron = ComicCon Exclusive = only can get at ComicCon or pay a lot on eBay? :(
A lot of exclusives get some release elsewhere. IIRC, I think the Black Cauldron set is going to Amazon as well as Comic Con.

Also, Hot Topic has a Lion King box. These are all looking pretty good, I especially love that "Be Prepared" Pop. Especially since it apparently has a green-flamed variant.
blackcauldron85

^ Thank you! I sure hope so!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Yes, the Black Cauldron pops will be available on Amazon as well.
blackcauldron85

^ Thank you! Do we know about when these'll be released? (No page on Amazon yet.) And not like I have $ for all, but are Chuckles + Mr. Pricklepants the first TS3-specific Pops? I want Mr. Pricklepants, but also Trixie, Dolly, + Buttercup.
Disney's Divinity

Well, that’s good news TBC will be available through Amazon. I was secretly hoping it would be out of my reach so I wouldn’t be tempted. Too bad they didn’t include Eilonwy, too, if they were going to do a pack of characters. I would get this for The Horned King alone to go with the rest of the villains I have, but I would’ve liked to have Taran and Eilonwy together because I loved the couple in the books especially.

The “Be Prepared” Scar Pop is really nice. But I’m satisfied with the original pop, so pass for me.
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

Please, keep us posted when The Black Cauldron set becomes available someplace else.

Need the Horned King... won't keep Taran.