The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by Vlad »

Someone on YouTube has posted comparisons between the regular Blu-ray and the 4K Blu-ray for TLM, and the differences aren't really that extreme. The 4K does have a darker color scheme, but other than that, I see no other improvement. The soundtrack, from what I heard, is the same as the previous release, but to be honest, it didn't really need improvement in that area.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Unfortunately it is said that it is the same restoration as before.

I feel like I shouldn't get this release since I have the Diamond Edition digibook with a cover I like more, but I feel like I want to buy it just to complete the Signature Collection and for the digital code.
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

Should I just get the Cinderella 1995 Laserdisc?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

farerb wrote:Unfortunately it is said that it is the same restoration as before.
That's disappointing to hear. The only reason I might still purchase this then is the for the visual commentary which is a pretty substantial new feature.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm holding out hope the transfer is new, just with colors extremely close to the last transfer, and all the detail is still intact.

If I got a laserdisc, would I have to keep overturning it every 30 minutes?
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Concerning the new transfer, we will know for sure next week, when the digital version will come out. I still hope it's going to have a new transfer. That lady at the DMC said it's newly restored...unless it was a joke. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

https://youtu.be/NzGDhcIYp4A

The Laughing Place did an unboxing and the guy said it is the same unfortunately.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Hardbackyoyo wrote:Should I just get the Cinderella 1995 Laserdisc?
I never saw the Laserdisc but if it's like the VHS and you have a player then I would say yes cause it doesn't seem like the film will get a proper digital release.
Last edited by Farerb on Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Aww no that sucks that it's the same restoration ! I wonder why ?

Literally seeing no point to this release at all .... Sleeping Beauty would have been a better release to at least tie in with Mistress of Evil, surely ? Unless that one is coming later ....
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

That really sucks. Well, I guess this means Cinderella is unlikely to ever look like itself again. *shrug* Like I said in the past, I plan to buy this release regardless since I'd like to have the film on Blu-ray. At least I like the cover this time? :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Atlantica wrote:Aww no that sucks that it's the same restoration ! I wonder why ?

Literally seeing no point to this release at all .... Sleeping Beauty would have been a better release to at least tie in with Mistress of Evil, surely ? Unless that one is coming later ....
I think that's been heavily suggested to come out by the end of this year or early 2020 to tie-in with the home video release of Maleficent 2.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Well, at least Disney kind of fulfilled my desire to see Cinderella's transformation on the cover by putting a slightly revamped version of old art of it on the back of the cover.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

That's disappointing. :( I'm still going to buy it, for the new bonus features.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Easy pass for me! I’m praying the new bonus features pour over to the Diamond Edition though. I know everyone was upset that The Little Mermaid didn’t and a lot of customers called iTunes to complain. Since Cinderella isn’t getting a new restoration, I’m hoping Disney pours over the bonus features.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

When they were coming out with cover art for Cinderella, I decided to make an idea for a cover I had. It could also be a poster. Hope you guys like it. I can take any critcism! Here it is:
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

That's an interesting concept, Duster. I've never seen anything like that before. I like it!

Wonderful clip of Cinderella's transformation (a.k.a. Walt Disney's favorite piece of animation), from pencil test to final result:
https://www.instagram.com/p/ByqaMCdAkA1 ... 4b3jmn68ap
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Wow, what a pretty and unique design. I agree that I've never seen anything like it. It looks like it could be the cover of a storybook or even something from the pages of the Cinderella storybook used in the animated film. Maybe because the layout of the palace and Cinderella's chateau looks like how it appeared in the opening pages of the storybook. It's rare to see Cinderella's chateau appear in promotion for this film let alone Cinderella in her nightgown so this is a really refreshing cover. I love how while she's sleeping, she's essentially dreaming of the ballgown and glass slipper. That's a really ingenious stylistic choice and not one I've seen used by Disney before. The finishing touch for me is the title in pink ribbon with the mice and birds on top of each letter. Overall stupendous job!
ImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Wow, you drew that yourself? It's beautiful! It's a very interesting and unique concept. :)

Meanwhile, regarding the release itself, early reviews are super excited and very content with the new In Walt's Words feature. A user on YouTube has posted some clips, and it shows a lot of concept art, production stills and rough animation as the film plays, just like those excellent Picture-in-Picture commentaries on Alice in Wonderland and Beauty and the Beast. If the film would have gotten a new restoration, this release would have been perfect!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thank you guys so much! I am so glad you guys are noticing it's a different design from what is usually done. I also wanted to reference the original 1950 poster's slanted pink title. I did indeed want it to look like Cinderella is sprawled across the opening storybook pages, representing her dream of making it from her house to the palace. And, yes, thank you for also noticing she is dreaming of her ballgown and glass slippers, and saying it's ingenious! I also tried to reference the mice making her dress with them sewing the pink ribbon title. Only Jaq is not helping and just looking at her lol. I was going to add Cinderella's hand dropping corn to further the idea it is what she does that makes her dream come true, but I thought I couldn't draw it right. By the way I looked at frames of the film for all of my drawing, only her skirt was purely from my imagination. But yes, I still drew it myself!

Mooky, thanks for posting that! I was going to post that when I found it on another site. I love it!

Vlad, thanks for the info!
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

Matt wrote:Easy pass for me! I’m praying the new bonus features pour over to the Diamond Edition though. I know everyone was upset that The Little Mermaid didn’t and a lot of customers called iTunes to complain. Since Cinderella isn’t getting a new restoration, I’m hoping Disney pours over the bonus features.
Everything except for the deleted scenes and unused songs are on the Signature disc.

It makes me wonder if I should keep the Diamond disc JUST for those deleted scenes and songs, since I already know I'm getting the Signature disc, and it comes with a digital copy, WITH those extras.