Pixar spin-offs

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Pixar spin-offs

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Jonas Rivera said that a Toy Story spin-off was not completely unthinkable. But what other spin-offs could work?

A Bug's Life perhaps. Even if this is sometimes described as "the forgotten Pixar movie", the old idea about a world of intelligent insects, spiders and other invertebrates that lives in towns and cities could have potential. The same world, but new characters and ideas.

Finding Nemo. The ocean is a big place, and there are a lot of other creatures one could follow than a couple of reef dwelling fish species. DCs Aquaman shows people still enjoys underwater adventures. But it would probably be best to wait a few years first.

Incredibles. There are obvious other superhumans out there than the family we are familiar with. A school for superheroes, a team controlled by the army, adventurers and explorers. There are lot of concepts that could offer something slightly different from the previous movies.

Wall-E. This opens up for a lot of ideas. There could be other colonies of human descendants around, either in space, in a colony on the moon or Mars, or they could be living in bunkers deep underground. And they have not evolved into fat slobs like those in the first movie. Or it could take place thousands of years after the first movie, where Wall-E and Eve are still alive (of hibernating, waiting to be brought back to life). Or we could explore the rest of the world and see what has happened while humans were away. So far we have only seen Wall-E's neighborhood, and have no idea what has happened elsewhere on the planet.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Pixar spin-offs

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I really like your WALL-E ideas!! How about a Dreamworld spin-off for Inside Out, or even a series of shorts like Cars Toons, showing more of the production of Riley's (or others') dreams...?
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Considering that the human mind and the subconscious has almost limitless potential in terms of ideas for animation and stories, only imagination is the limit for Inside Out spin-offs. And it opens up to create amazing landscapes with magical forests and huge panoramas without the need to explain much of the story behind them.

Mentioned before regarding Wall-E, but I wouldn't mind seeing a confrontation between a recovering organic ecosystem and an emerging inorganic and synthetic ecosystem created by human technology with the help of humans or an A.I., in an attempt to come up with new forms of life to take over where the old ones disappeared (without realizing that the old plants and animals were slowly returning). There is of course at least one way that allows them to co-exist, but it will take some effort to meet on common ground.
The old concepts of evolution, about how only the strongest survives and everything is a competition, is of course outdated today, since the total picture is more complicated than that.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

As a fan of "Buzz Lightyear of Star Command", I would love to see Pixar make a movie based on the series and using its characters. It could be something really awesome. I admit the chances are small, although now that Lasseter is gone (according to Tad Stones, he didn't have a high opinion of the show), there is a bit more of a chance now.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

I haven't seen Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, but from what I understand it is the show that the action figure version of Buzz Lightyear was based on in Toy Story (even if the animated show was made after the movie).
With a decent budget a feature inspired by the concept could be interesting (and since this sounds like a version of Buzz where he is a human being of flesh and blood instead of a plastic toy and his suit is not literally a part of him, perhaps one could see him in regular clothes as well, unless it has already been done on the show).