Toy Story 4

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Toy Story 4

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

JeanGreyForever wrote:
Rumpelstiltskin wrote:Not sure if it could be called a spoiler, since the headlines are rubbed into your face on Google news when you use the words "Toy Story 4", but I notice that Ken will be missing in this movie for some reason. Something leading up to Toy Story 5 perhaps?
That's certainly a possibility, but I'm also inclined to believe that this could be a potential Toy Story spin-off since they said they were pondering making films in the universe not featuring Woody and the gang. Could this be a starring role for Barbie?
How about a spin-off movie starring Andy himself, kind of like Christopher Robin, except not live-action?
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

So does newman actually sing both songs in the movie?
Warm Regards
Special Edition

Post by Warm Regards »

A new teaser (?) is out. Some new mini snippets with Bo, Woody, and Andy.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PhO03HfGwk[/youtube]

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PhO03HfGwk
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:Not sure if it could be called a spoiler, since the headlines are rubbed into your face on Google news when you use the words "Toy Story 4", but I notice that Ken will be missing in this movie for some reason. Something leading up to Toy Story 5 perhaps?
I would be here for a Barbie film by PIXAR, lol. And, no, that's not just because Jodi Benson would be in a main role again after all these years...
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Kyle wrote:So does newman actually sing both songs in the movie?
Stitch Kingdom has revealed the soundtrack tracklist and he does sing "I Can't Let You Throw Yourself Away" in the movie, as well as "You've Got a Friend in Me". He also sings the other new song, "The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy", but only for the soundtrack. So, I guess that song will only be featured during the end credits in the actual film.

These are the song tracks:
1. "You've Got a Friend in Me" - Randy Newman
2. "I Can't Let You Throw Yourself Away" - Randy Newman
3. "The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy" - Chris Stapleton
25. "The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy" (Soundtrack Version) - Randy Newman
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

I have a Toy Story 2-related question:

I read this part in the TV Tropes entry under "Foreshadowing":

When Woody first sees the "Woody's Finest Hour" tape, it's stopped in the middle of a cliffhanger, with Stinky Pete saying "Woody's Roundup" was cancelled before airing the conclusion. This is the very same tape Woody plays for the others when they come to rescue him, except he failed to pause it. If you listen to the background after Buzz delivers his Armor-Piercing Question and leaves, you can hear the conclusion to "Woody's Finest Hour" (he made it across the gorge and saved the others) before it goes into the "You've Got a Friend in Me" number. Or, in other words, by revealing that he lied, Stinky Pete's villainy was hinted at before it was shown.

My question is, if that's the case, then why did Jessie say about the final episode, "But it was cancelled! We never saw if you made it!" later on, since we apparently saw her see the ending herself?
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Another you got a friend in me? I was really hoping they would omit that this time, it's good but tired. Unless they do some different take on it, like when Woody or weezy sang it in ts2.
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

Kyle wrote:Another you got a friend in me? I was really hoping they would omit that this time, it's good but tired. Unless they do some different take on it, like when Woody or weezy sang it in ts2.
It's basically the theme song of the whole series! They can't just get rid of it!
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

I don't mind themes when their subtle/understated and brief, but generally I want each movies soundtrack to be unique.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Clip featuring Duke Caboom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cxNYZbguh8

B-Roll:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e8OUwWnE1M

Randy Newman sings a little bit of "I Can't Let You Throw Yourself Away" in this video of interviews with the cast and crew:
https://youtu.be/aPwKKYWYPSc?t=2328

And promo with Tom Hanks and Tim Allen:
https://twitter.com/toystory/status/1137018881136947200

Hardbackyoyo wrote:I have a Toy Story 2-related question:

I read this part in the TV Tropes entry under "Foreshadowing":

When Woody first sees the "Woody's Finest Hour" tape, it's stopped in the middle of a cliffhanger, with Stinky Pete saying "Woody's Roundup" was cancelled before airing the conclusion. This is the very same tape Woody plays for the others when they come to rescue him, except he failed to pause it. If you listen to the background after Buzz delivers his Armor-Piercing Question and leaves, you can hear the conclusion to "Woody's Finest Hour" (he made it across the gorge and saved the others) before it goes into the "You've Got a Friend in Me" number. Or, in other words, by revealing that he lied, Stinky Pete's villainy was hinted at before it was shown.

My question is, if that's the case, then why did Jessie say about the final episode, "But it was cancelled! We never saw if you made it!" later on, since we apparently saw her see the ending herself?
I checked it, and it seems to be true. Well, supposing it's the same tape. It could also be the ending of another episode. All you can hear is Woody saying "Is everybody OK?" and Jessie replying "Sheriff Woody! I knew you'd make it!". Regarding Jessie, if that was really the conclusion to "Woody's Finest Hour", I guess she wasn't paying attention to the TV because of all that was happening in the room.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Regarding the spoiler/possible spin-off, it was just a reference to the concept of this movie. For good and worse, Pixar has said this will be the last conventional Toy Story. But as mentioned, a spin-off is not completely impossible.

If they do make a spin-off, it should obviously include ideas not used before. What about life size human looking toys and dolls? A warehouse with huge dolls and mannequins, and a human that has accidentally been trapped inside, unable to escape before someone opens the doors the next morning.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I don't usually think much of PIXAR soundtracks, but Chris Stapleton is a nice catch for this.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

another parody poster.

estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

Kyle wrote:Another you got a friend in me? I was really hoping they would omit that this time, it's good but tired. Unless they do some different take on it, like when Woody or weezy sang it in ts2.
I think because "You've Got a Friend in Me" appeared in the previous three films, a lot of the audience would be disappointed if it didn't show up in the fourth film.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

New article that includes a featurette about Duke Caboom: https://people.com/movies/tim-allen-toy ... ke-caboom/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

First reactions are in and they are raving about the film, claiming that despite what the naysayers believed, this tops the series as the ultimate finale.
https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/ ... the-series
https://movieweb.com/toy-story-4-first- ... ial-media/
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:First reactions are in and they are raving about the film, claiming that despite what the naysayers believed, this tops the series as the ultimate finale.
/

Until a few years from now Toy Story 5 is made. :milkbuds:
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

disneyboy20022 wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:First reactions are in and they are raving about the film, claiming that despite what the naysayers believed, this tops the series as the ultimate finale.
/

Until a few years from now Toy Story 5 is made. :milkbuds:
Pretty much. Although going by these early reactions, even those who were wary that another film would never be able to top Toy Story 3 have been won over and are stating that this film was actually necessary to complete the story, so I expect that Toy Story 5 would similarly achieve this same response.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey