Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Frozen 2

Post by D82 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Source, plus a concept art of a flashback with little Anna and Elsa:

https://the-wonderful-frozen-fandom.tum ... oncept-art
Apparently, the images come from the portraits in this article.

Idina Menzel has also talked about the film in a new interview:
“It's a real girl power, badass kind of superhero type of movie. They're really strong, the two sisters, and it's exciting. The music is beautiful,” Menzel told THR of the script for Frozen 2, which is set to hit theaters Nov. 22, with another story of regal sisters Anna (voiced by Kristen Bell) and Elsa (voiced by Menzel) in the Norwegian world of Arendelle.
Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... -2-1211701
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

The trailer is apparently coming next week.

Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

Apparently, the images come from the portraits in this article.
Ok, NOW I see how it looks like Hans
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I don’t know how this sequel or its songs will top the original and that one’s songs. I mean, “Let It Go” is one of the biggest hit songs out of Disney in years and the first film made a billion bucks in the worldwide box office.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

New Frozen 2 leaks, including Matthias, who is def. the Sterling K. Brown character and a horse character??

This one has a potential spoiler: Does Anna have earth powers?

https://66.media.tumblr.com/d5304b68118 ... 1_1280.jpg
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm not sure what about the picture might lead you to that--not that I'm disagreeing. Is it the drawing of her surrounded by leaves? That might just be a re-creation of the posters that feature leaves, although consider the way she's standing with her arm out as if she might be controlling it--who knows?

After so many ideas of her having fire powers, I think I'd like--in the possibility they gave her dormant powers of her own--if they were earth or wind-related instead of fire. If she had earth powers, perhaps she would have to learn to be more reserved to control them whereas in Elsa's case, emotion (love) was actually the way to control her powers as well as being their source.

Not sure what to make of Matthias or the horse for now.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:New Frozen 2 leaks, including Matthias, who is def. the Sterling K. Brown character and a horse character??
Thanks, disneyprincess11! It looks like this is the source of the images:
https://www.party-expert.com/products/f ... -stamp-set
https://www.party-expert.com/products/f ... tebook-set
https://www.party-expert.com/products/f ... uprise-bag

Sterling K. Brown's character looks evil in that picture. Could he be the villain? And the horse doesn't look like a real horse, but a magical one. Maybe Elsa creates him like she created Olaf.

By the way, I think the orange or cream dress Anna is wearing in that new image is the same one we thought was her wedding dress, so maybe she doesn't get married in the movie after all.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Disney's Divinity wrote:I'm not sure what about the picture might lead you to that--not that I'm disagreeing. Is it the drawing of her surrounded by leaves? That might just be a re-creation of the posters that feature leaves, although consider the way she's standing with her arm out as if she might be controlling it--who knows?
It is the way how leaves are drawn. It seems like a shield or a weapon. Not to mention the possibility of the King or Queen (or whoever it was?) having leaf powers as seen in the teaser.
D82 wrote:Sterling K. Brown's character looks evil in that picture. Could he be the villain? And the horse doesn't look like a real horse, but a magical one. Maybe Elsa creates him like she created Olaf.

By the way, I think the orange or cream dress Anna is wearing in that new image is the same one we thought was her wedding dress, so maybe she doesn't get married in the movie after all.
He looks noble to me, but who knows? I really hope not. Like I said to my friend last night, there will be a huge impact of little black children seeing themselves as a good or a bad guy in a Disney Animation movie. Their princess is a frog 95% of the movie and her prince isn’t even black. Then, the two central male characters are bad or dead. Barely anyone remembers Atlantis. It’s time for African Americans to get proper representation in a Disney Animation movie.

it was bad enough that Tumblr crapped on Frozen months before it came out because of the all-white cast. Imagine the response if Disney finally made a black guy for the sequel and he is evil. But as said way back in the forum, didn't Skyler of DisInsider say that the villain is voiced by Brown?

And good eye for detail with that dress! Guess they don't get married. Stunning dress! I love the peach color and the details. Really glad that they're making such diverse looks for Anna. Too bad they're still giving Elsa a slightly changed version of her blue dress and the braid.
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

it was bad enough that Tumblr crapped on Frozen months before it came out because of the all-white cast.Imagine the response if Disney finally made a black guy for the sequel and he is evil. But as said way back in the forum, didn't Skyler of DisInsider say that the villain is voiced by Brown?
The funny thing is that now I'm remembering/misremembering that it was us who assumed Brown was voicing the villain while Skyler only said that the villain was a type of wizard. I'll have to back and listen to the interview.

Matthias doesn't look like a wizard. If we're going to go back to what the Polish guy leaked, there are three main components of the new characters 1) a forest tribe OR the Sami people we saw in the teaser 2) the horse spirit 3) Matthias. It wouldn't make sense for Matthias to wield magic if there is no corresponding power hierarchy to suggest it. It would make sense for the Sami to wield magic.

The plot can't just be "The Frozen gang goes to Canada, and a black dude wants Elsa's magic powers." The original kinda had 2 villains, one that is an antagonist for the plot and the other is just a jerk. The thematic possibilities of how someone is "evil" or a "jerk" has expanded for future Disney movies.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Good God, by June, the whole movie is going to get ruined :lol:

The identity of the horse: The Nokk

MILD SPOILERS

https://66.media.tumblr.com/188b61baad2 ... 68_500.jpg
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

oh my! I knew we'd start getting major spoilery leaks, but not this soon, and so many! :o

He looks noble to me, but who knows? I really hope not. Like I said to my friend last night, there will be a huge impact of little black children seeing themselves as a good or a bad guy in a Disney Animation movie. Their princess is a frog 95% of the movie and her prince isn’t even black. Then, the two central male characters are bad or dead. Barely anyone remembers Atlantis. It’s time for African Americans to get proper representation in a Disney Animation movie.

there is absolutely no way this guy will be the villain for exactly the reasons you stated. My guess is that they are gonna pull a "reverse Hans" thing with him, he starts out very antagonistic but by the end of the film has a change of heart or is redeemed, so basically they are going to give him the arc us Hans fans were hoping he would get in the sequel. :( And its pretty clear by now Hans will not be in this film, at least not in any major way other than perhaps a tiny cameo or flashback scene, if at all... and I'm very sad about that. :(

I'm loving the nokk! I was hoping the sequel would use another Scandinavian folklore creature!

I don't know what to think about Anna having powers too. Idina mentioned something about the film being very superhero like, maybe combined with Kristoff getting, uh, reindeer commanding powers(?) :lol: they all get powers and have to fight some superpowered baddy(which should've been Hans if they really wanted it to follow the usual superhero tropes of the good and bad guys developing their powers around the same time and the hero having previously met the villain.) I dunno it all just feels like such a weird direction to give this franchise.

another thing, are there gonna be any new female characters at all? its odd that there isn't even one on the sticker sheet or any other merch in the leaked merch images. Unless the nokk can shape shift and its base form is a female human. Still strange we haven't seen any. Im still not sure if the young girl in the teaser trailer will be one or just a background character. There's a certain segment of Frozen fans that will be very angry if we don't get any new major female characters, for reasons I'm sure we all know.

Anna's dress..well its nice, but it might as well be a modern day gown, the fashions in this film are getting less and less Victorian era, and I hate it. :P
Disney's Divinity

unprincess wrote: another thing, are there gonna be any new female characters at all? its odd that there isn't even one on the sticker sheet or any other merch in the leaked merch images. Unless the nokk can shape shift and its base form is a female human. Still strange we haven't seen any. Im still not sure if the young girl in the teaser trailer will be one or just a background character. There's a certain segment of Frozen fans that will be very angry if we don't get any new major female characters, for reasons I'm sure we all know.
I have no idea what you're speaking about here in regards to Frozen fans being angry? I know I wouldn't be at all. Anyway, there *was* a girl in the first trailer they released.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

disneyprincess11 wrote:The identity of the horse: The Nokk

MILD SPOILERS

https://66.media.tumblr.com/188b61baad2 ... 68_500.jpg
Interesting. I also like they're using more creatures from the Scandinavian mythology.
disneyprincess11 wrote:He looks noble to me, but who knows? I really hope not. Like I said to my friend last night, there will be a huge impact of little black children seeing themselves as a good or a bad guy in a Disney Animation movie. Their princess is a frog 95% of the movie and her prince isn’t even black. Then, the two central male characters are bad or dead. Barely anyone remembers Atlantis. It’s time for African Americans to get proper representation in a Disney Animation movie.

it was bad enough that Tumblr crapped on Frozen months before it came out because of the all-white cast. Imagine the response if Disney finally made a black guy for the sequel and he is evil.
I hope the day comes when it doesn't matter whether a villain is black or white, but right now I agree that there are still not enough positive roles for black people in children's films, so they should be careful about that. And yes, I agree, probably he's not the villain. Disney must know there would be a huge backlash if they made (probably) the only black character of the film evil.
unprincess wrote:My guess is that they are gonna pull a "reverse Hans" thing with him, he starts out very antagonistic but by the end of the film has a change of heart or is redeemed, so basically they are going to give him the arc us Hans fans were hoping he would get in the sequel.
That's possible. Maybe that's why he looks evil to me. I've noticed there's a trend lately of making the reverse of the "surprise villain" trope. Now there are characters who are antagonistic and seem to be the villains, but it's later revealed they're actually good and they end up teaming up with the main characters. Maybe it's what they've done here.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

^its a popular trope and b/c so many have criticized Disney about overuse of the hidden villain thing I can see them try to do the opposite for the next few films(they already started with Moana), even if its sorta the same thing. B/c Disney is just that predictable. :P
Disney's Divinity wrote:
unprincess wrote: another thing, are there gonna be any new female characters at all? its odd that there isn't even one on the sticker sheet or any other merch in the leaked merch images. Unless the nokk can shape shift and its base form is a female human. Still strange we haven't seen any. Im still not sure if the young girl in the teaser trailer will be one or just a background character. There's a certain segment of Frozen fans that will be very angry if we don't get any new major female characters, for reasons I'm sure we all know.
I have no idea what you're speaking about here in regards to Frozen fans being angry? I know I wouldn't be at all. Anyway, there *was* a girl in the first trailer they released.
there are a lot of Frozen fans who are placing all their hope on Elsa being given a girlfriend, or if not that there will be another new female character that they can ship her with. So far other than the aforementioned girl from the trailer(who looks too young, though that still didn't stop many from claiming she must be Elsa's new girl!) no new female characters have yet appeared in any of the merch leaks, and many are starting to worry. There's still Wood's character left to reveal(though she could be voicing Iduna.)
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

unprincess wrote:^its a popular trope and b/c so many have criticized Disney about overuse of the hidden villain thing I can see them try to do the opposite for the next few films(they already started with Moana), even if its sorta the same thing. B/c Disney is just that predictable. :P
It's true, Moana already used that trope. Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if they started to use it more and more in their films from now on instead of the surprise villain one.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I just want to say, I have come in here and not been spoiled at all. You guys are doing a perfect job with the spoilers. Thank you!
Disney's Divinity

unprincess wrote:
there are a lot of Frozen fans who are placing all their hope on Elsa being given a girlfriend, or if not that there will be another new female character that they can ship her with. So far other than the aforementioned girl from the trailer(who looks too young, though that still didn't stop many from claiming she must be Elsa's new girl!) no new female characters have yet appeared in any of the merch leaks, and many are starting to worry. There's still Wood's character left to reveal(though she could be voicing Iduna.)
Oh, I understand what you mean now. Well, I would think they'd be extra secretive if they even intended something like that, which I've always had serious doubts would happen anyway because Disney are cowards.
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

I found this interview from May 10. Kristen Bell clarifies from 4:39-5:34 that Frozen 2 is NOT about "winter coming" a la Game of Thrones. I'm not sure if that's even much of a surprise to us as we can see a lot of autumn imagery in the leaked merch.

https://cheddar.com/media/kristen-bell- ... wing-party

Here's some interesting speculation about Matthias from a tumblr page called "Somebody's gotta tell him. "

Mathias (Matthias?) is another character that “leaked”. He wears Arendelle colors and is obviously POC, much older than Kristoff and co.

For now we can only speculate about his role and importance in the movie. Gathering all rumors together, I have a theory that he was Agnarr’s guard who travelled with him north, to the mysterious forest, when they were young. Agnarr met Idunn there (if rumors about kids in the teaser being young Idunn and Agnarr are real), they fell in love and went back to Arendelle. But Mathias stayed in the forest. To protect the future queen’s family, or because he fell in love with a local girl, or both. Anyway, Mathias can be a great source of information about young years of Agnarr and Idunn and also if he created a family, his kids should be about Elsa and Anna’s age, all dark skinned of course.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Really curious about this "enemy territory".

also, well I'm just going to copy/paste what I wrote when it was posted on tumblr:

this all feels so different from the first film. Its like now that Lasseter is gone Jen Lee feels free to do the movie she thinks the first Frozen should have been. And again with Lasseter not there to reign in and keep the film family friendly(and marketable, notice the lack of cute new sidekicks this time unlike with TS4)Jen isn't scared to make true lasting changes to the characters even if it means the outcome may not be what families/fans expect or want from a typical safe Disney sequel.

I think Jen Lee resents the fact that, thanks to 6 years of marketing, merchandising and the last 2 shorts(which were cute but nothing substantial)most people dismiss Frozen as a movie just for little girls and their moms. I think she wants to make Frozen the Disney version of How To Train Your Dragon. A movie where characters change and grow instead of being stagnant and things, difficult things, happen to them, and not everything just goes back to how it was, which is what most big studio animated films do. I don't think this would be possible if Jon Lasseter were still around to rope everything in like he had been doing this past decade. It will be interesting to see what audiences will think since so many have their set idea of what Frozen should be and who it should be aimed at.