Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Re: Frozen 2

Post by unprincess »

Sotiris wrote:
unprincess wrote:That's one of the reasons CGI is much preferred over hand-drawn animation by the big studios, stuff can be easily and quickly added or changed in the last minute.
It depends on the "stuff". If it's changing the camera angle, sure but if it's something like adding a new character, it's definitely not. Modeling, rigging and animating is much more time consuming than its hand-drawn equivalent.
yep that's true...but that's where all those preexisting CGI character models from past films come in handy, all they have to do is change some colors and tweak a few features on the face, hair and clothing and bam! -new character! :P
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

Sotiris wrote:
Paul Briggs wrote:Was lucky to sit in on a Frozen2 animation dailies session this morning - oh my...our animators are insanely talented.
Source: https://twitter.com/_paul_briggs_/statu ... 2618253313

Source: https://twitter.com/_paul_briggs_/statu ... 2618253313
It bums me out they are willing to say "one of our animations is insanely talented" and yet don't just name the person or at least go "one of our Anna animations" or something like that.

I'm also glad they brought Demi back for the sequel. Hope she's not totally eclipsed by the movie version of the song (again)
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'm sure she will be. I wish they'd got someone better than her the first time, much less for the sequel.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney’s Frozen 2 Has Begun Test Screenings
https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/05/09 ... creenings/
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ Frozen II on Thursday had its first test screening, director Jennifer Lee reported on Twitter.

“Important screening tomorrow,” Lee tweeted Wednesday. “Break a leg F2; I love you.”
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Jennifer Lee tweeted this morning that ‘F2’ got some great TLC from the screening.

Not quite sure what that means, but she seems very happy with it :) ( I know it means tender loving care, I’m just not sure what it means in reference to the screening ).
Disney's Divinity

Perhaps she meant that they received feedback that helped them to improve the story they're telling in some way or another?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Thanks for the update, Atlantica! It's the first time I see that expression, so I have no idea what she means by that, but yes, it seems it's something positive. What Disney's Divinity said sounds likely.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The cover of The Art of Frozen II and two concept art pieces featured in it.

Source: https://www.chroniclebooks.com/landing- ... ntlist.pdf
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

neat! They don't reveal much, but its interesting that Elsa is alone in all 3 pics. I wonder if she gets separated from the rest of the group(not just Anna) for some reason?
Disney's Divinity

They really look like different trials she'll have to undertake.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Disney's Divinity

I like that they look simplistic and rustic. I would love if Elsa makes the dress similar to the ending to Nanny McPhee. :)
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Even better: unprincess, guess who's back :D :dance: :woot:

https://66.media.tumblr.com/9bf7ca9a2d9 ... o4_250.jpg

Source, plus a concept art of a flashback with little Anna and Elsa:

https://the-wonderful-frozen-fandom.tum ... oncept-art
Disney's Divinity wrote:I like that they look simplistic and rustic. I would love if Elsa makes the dress similar to the ending to Nanny McPhee. :)
I know, it's beautiful!!!!
Last edited by disneyprincess11 on Fri May 17, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

@disneyprincess11
Some of the people on here are pretty picky about spoilers and while you didn't mean to indicate anything in particular, I knew what the spoiler was instantly from reading the uncensored portions of your post and anyone else who has been keeping up with the discussion will likely be able to tell as well, so you might want to consider editing your post.

SO glad Hans is back! He's looking particularly villainous so I guess redemption is out of the question, at least early on in the film. He was one of my favorite parts of the first film so just psyched that he'll be in here after all.

Anna's wedding dress is gorgeous but I find it hypocritical of Disney after they made such a big deal out of her and Kristoff only dating at the end of the film and not jumping straight to marriage. Sounds like they want to have their cake and eat it too and this makes me doubt even more that Elsa will get a love interest because they'll want to keep one sister single now to cater to critics of romance in Disney. Which is fine since I think Elsa is worth more than a love interest.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

ok so Tumblr is going nuts with leaks.There's also some guy from Poland with a YouTube video spreading info cause he knows some other guy who works at Disney animation or something, with lots of info revealed(a forest tribe, some...horse...spirit something, a soldier, some guy named Matthias) Whether any of it is real or not...who knows...

as for Hans, Im going to remain cautiously optimistic, it could be one of his siblings as well(which I would love if we cant get Hans, or this Mathias guy that was mentioned by the Polish leaker.) It does look like Hans but remember Disney loves reusing their CGI character models so if they don't use Hans I wouldn't be surprised if his model gets used for some other male character.

so yeah stay out of the Tumblr Frozen 2 tag if you want to avoid spoilers b/c the damn has leaked. :lol:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Lol, I'll have to check out the spoiler tags in Tumblr.

I didn't even consider that since Disney reuses their CGI models so much that Hans could actually be one of his brothers. I have a feeling that the character in the picture really is Hans but I'd love to see his brothers involved as well. Maybe Matthias will be one of Hans' brothers and possibly a love interest for Elsa since I'm not sure Disney would go the route of Helsa (then again, Reylo is pretty much confirmed for Star Wars so it's not altogether impossible).
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

lol, there are Tumblr users on the Lesbian Elsa camp who are already horrified that this mystery guy might be, gasp! a love interest for Elsa. :o If Disney goes that route I hope they know what they're in for. rotfl

well, never mind, looks like its actually King Agnar. :( If you compare his clothing in the first film to the drawing(in the larger pic partially covered by another sheet of paper) its the same style. Well what a buzzkill. Though I suppose it could be Hans with a new similar outfit.
Last edited by unprincess on Fri May 17, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

ok so Tumblr is going nuts with leaks.There's also some guy from Poland with a YouTube video spreading info cause he knows some other guy who works at Disney animation or something, with lots of info revealed(a forest tribe, some...horse...spirit something, a soldier, some guy named Matthias) Whether any of it is real or not...who knows...

as for Hans, Im going to remain cautiously optimistic, it could be one of his siblings as well(which I would love if we cant get Hans, or this Mathias guy that was mentioned by the Polish leaker.) It does look like Hans but remember Disney loves reusing their CGI character models so if they don't use Hans I wouldn't be surprised if his model gets used for some other male character.
so yeah stay out of the Tumblr Frozen 2 tag if you want to avoid spoilers b/c the damn has leaked.
Meanwhile...

*still squinting at the picture*

I can't see anything that's anything resembling Hans. I see a skinnier face and a beard. Maybe you guys might have to draw it out with photoshop. :lol: I'm putting my bets on it being the horse spirit or soldier character. Alongside the collection of leaked photos, I can see sketches of both young Anna & Elsa looking up into a small hole as if they are spying on some secret ritual of a sort. This sounds good...

*still squinting at the picture*
lol, there are Tumblr users on the Lesbian Elsa camp who are already horrified that this mystery guy might be, gasp! a love interest for Elsa. :o If Disney goes that route I hope they know what they're in for. rotfl
Again, if a relationship doesn't even happen for Elsa, all the angry stans and haters are going to look ridiculous.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

^yeah after lurking some more on Tumblr, someone mentioned what I wrote in the spoil tags, so I edited my post and posted it right after you posted. :(

I don't see a beard though, just sideburns, haha. I clicked your link but they removed whatever it was, was it a clearer pic than the two that I have seen on Tumblr so far?
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

disneyprincess11 wrote:Even better: unprincess, guess who's back :D :dance: :woot:

Oh my God!!! Yes!!! Disney, make it happen! :huh: :huh: :huh:

At that stage, it’s difficult to say if it’s going to be just a scene, even just a flashback, or something more important...
But even so, these are still invigorating news!