Jim Cummings Accused of Sexual Assault

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Jim Cummings Accused of Sexual Assault

Post by Sotiris »

He always gave off a creepy vibe to me but I never could have imagined the level of evil he was capable of. The details of his decade-long abusive behavior are truly horrifying. :huh:

‘Winnie the Pooh’ Disney Voice Star Jim Cummings Accused of Rape, Animal Abuse
https://theblast.com/disney-winnie-pooh ... e-custody/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Re: Jim Cummings Accused of Sexual Assault

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

No, no, no, noonononononononononononononononononono no!!!
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Dammit!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: Guess all Hollywood actors are horrible, no matter who they are. :headshake:

I know that he was a Trump supporter and I gave him a benefit of a doubt, but this is just heartbreaking. :cry:
Last edited by disneyprincess11 on Fri May 24, 2019 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I'm completely disgusted. I used to look up to him for his iconic roles as Pooh and Tigger, not to mention the bit roles he had in all the major animated features of the 90s, so this all comes as a surprise to me. Had no idea he was a Trump supporter though otherwise that would have tipped me off. I couldn't even finish the article describing all the repugnant things he did to his wife.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Sotiris wrote:He always gave off a creepy vibe to me but I never could have imagined the level of evil he was capable of.
I agree with you on that. At first I found him to be a likable and charismatic guy, yet afterward I've noticed a couple of signs of creepiness that he gave. That there was a certain non-empathetic demeanour about him. Plus that he happens to be a Trump-supporter, which says it all!
MerPrincessJamie
Limited Issue

Post by MerPrincessJamie »

I can't even think.. I'm so sick.. and heart sick and WHAT?!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I'm completely disgusted. I used to look up to him for his iconic roles as Pooh and Tigger, not to mention the bit roles he had in all the major animated features of the 90s, so this all comes as a surprise to me.
I also admired him and was surprised by the news. If, as it seems, all that is true, it's horrible and very disappointing.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

I’m hoping this isn’t true... :(
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Though I am -as a matter of principle- taking this seriously it hits me hard :(

The support of Trump was a dissapointment to me but direct harm is something else :shock:
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

If have probably heard about the guy at some point, and have seen some work he has been involved in, but otherwise I'm not familiar with him. If true, he sounds like a monster.

Anyway, lets keep politics out of this, shall we? I assume people of different political opinions are visiting these boards, brought together by common interests in Disney and animation. Say what you want about Trump, but he has nothing to do with Jim Cummings. Bashing someone for who they voted for is being disrespectful against those with opinions that differs from those of your own. I think it is a paradox that in these days when tolerance and diversity is seen as a virtue, that this does not include the diversity found in the various political viewpoints that actually exist. On the contrary. What happened with "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?

Just meant as a little reminder, I have no interest in starting an argument here.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Could be true, could be bs. It sounds like this is about a custody battle, either side could be making stuff up about the other, those tend to bring out the worst in people.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Kyle wrote:Could be true, could be bs. It sounds like this is about a custody battle, either side could be making stuff up about the other, those tend to bring out the worst in people.
I agree 100 percent. Let’s not go ahead and judge Jim before all of the facts are out. Seems to me his ex-wife is trying tarnish his name. Yes, he wasn’t very friendly in person when I met him last year but, he doesn’t seem the type to do this. I do pray it’s not true as well. :|
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Kyle wrote:Could be true, could be bs. It sounds like this is about a custody battle, either side could be making stuff up about the other, those tend to bring out the worst in people.
I think you're right, we have to take that into consideration and wait to know more before judging. After all, so far only his ex-wife has accused him and there isn't a verdict yet.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

You guys think she would make this stuff up? He hasn't said anything like she said, and she got restraining orders against him!
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Even if this turns out to be false the way the Johnny Depp stuff did, finding out he was a Trump supporter was enough to think he must be a garbage person.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

^ Yeah, I can agree with that.

I do lean towards believing the woman here, but I'm totally open to being wrong too. Obviously I dont want it to be, but I dont know either of these people. He seemed like a pretty chill dude in all the appearances I've seen, but as we all know a person's public persona doesn't mean much.

When its just one person's perspective I have to play the wait and see game before I commit to a side.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney Duster wrote:You guys think she would make this stuff up? He hasn't said anything like she said, and she got restraining orders against him!
The restraining orders were also what at first made me think she was telling the truth. Though I'm not sure how that works, do you need any proof against the abuser to request a restraining order, or do authorities always believe the alleged victim to prevent possible risk of violence?

As for the things he has said against her, this other article mentiones some of the things he accuses her of: https://people.com/crime/winnie-the-poo ... -cummings/
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Good on you for bringing an article with more from his side, but since his ex-wife filed many more restraining orders, the kinds of things she said, and how Jim never refuted what she said but more like said it wasn't abuse or purposeful harm, I believe the woman.
willard
Gold Classic Collection

Post by willard »

Disney's Divinity wrote:Even if this turns out to be false the way the Johnny Depp stuff did....
Don't you mean Geoffrey Rush?
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

willard wrote: Don't you mean Geoffrey Rush?
Wasn't Depp cleared of his ex-wife's claims in court? :? I believe he's seeking damages against her for job opportunities lost because of her abuse claims.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"