Aladdin (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Aladdin (Live-Action)

Post by Sotiris »

New TV spot. It looks great. I'm really warming up to Will Smith as the Genie. He's much more endearing without the CG paint job. I'm not too fond of them changing the iconic kissing scene but I suppose the new take on it is not that bad.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
NeverLand
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeverLand »

Sotiris wrote:New TV spot. It looks great. I'm really warming up to Will Smith as the Genie. He's much more endearing without the CG paint job. I'm not too fond of them changing the iconic kissing scene but I suppose the new take on it is not that bad.
The magic carpet scenes looks amazing!
bruno_wbt
Anniversary Edition

Post by bruno_wbt »

Here's a better look at the singing doll: "A Whole New World Jasmine"commercial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwPC52DDBHs

Naomi Scott sings great! :o
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Here's a snippet of Will Smith singing "Friend Like Me": https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwj9qhOFhJ4/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

It's amazing what a difference it makes when the lead characters of a musical film can actually sing.
Sotiris wrote: Jasmine's wardrobe looks much better as an illustration than it does in real-life. I wonder why is that. Maybe it's the lighting? In any case, my favorite outfit of hers is the wedding dress. The only reason those dolls look decent is because they're manufactured by Disney Store instead of Hasbro. Hasbro sucks when it comes to dolls.
I really love how her outfits look in the 2D clipart as well. The sticker book pictured 7/9 of her outfits in the film, only missing her wedding outfit and the other purple one she wears in the promos with a veil over her head.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Here's a snippet of Will Smith singing "Friend Like Me": https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwj9qhOFhJ4/
That is...something. :| I'm going to need time to get used to this hip-hop version of Friend Like Me.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

those were the stickers I saw in the book I found at Target! They are actually... really nice, though I would have preferred they'd just used the character designs from the animated film, but with the new costumes. Still I might actually consider buying the book just cuz I like it so much. :oops:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

unprincess wrote:They are actually... really nice, though I would have preferred they'd just used the character designs from the animated film, but with the new costumes.
Maybe they'll do that to. They've used the silhouette of the animated Jasmine's with the live-action outfits on some products.

https://www.hottopic.com/product/disney ... 48846.html
https://www.hottopic.com/product/her-un ... 10834.html
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^Thanks for sharing all those links, Sotiris!

Here's the snippet of "Speechless" in better quality: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwk9Zx0hsbR/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:The snippet of "Speechless" in better quality: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwk9Zx0hsbR/
Thank you so much for posting this! I'm like obsessed with this song. It's been stuck in my head, running on a continuous loop. :lol: It turns out I misheard quite a few words from my previous attempt at deciphering the lyrics. :P I'm giving it another shot now that we have better audio. I still have trouble figuring out what the line in red is supposed to be. Let me know if you can make out what it says during that part.
Written in stone, every rule, every word

Centuries old and unbending

Stay in your place, better seen and not heard

Well, now that story’s ending

‘Cause I, I cannot start to crumble

So come on and try

Try to shut me, cut me down

I won’t be silenced, you can’t keep me quiet

Won’t tremble when you try

All I know is I won’t go speechless

Speechless!

[...]

??? standing, I cannot be broken

No, I won’t leave unspoken

‘Cause I know that I won’t go speechless
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:I'm like obsessed with this song. It's been stuck in my head, running on a continuous loop. :lol:
Tell me about it, I've been humming it since you posted the second snippet. :lol:
Sotiris wrote:It turns out I misheard quite a few words from my previous attempt at deciphering the lyrics. :P I'm giving it another shot now that we have better audio. I still have trouble figuring out what the line in red is supposed to be. Let me know if you can make out what it says during that part.
Thanks for posting the updated lyrics! I think you got it all right this time. During the part in red I understand something like "let the storm in"?, but that doesn't make any sense. :lol:
Sotiris wrote:
D82 wrote:Here's a snippet of Will Smith singing "Friend Like Me": https://www.instagram.com/p/Bwj9qhOFhJ4/
That is...something. :| I'm going to need time to get used to this hip-hop version of Friend Like Me.
I don't know yet if I like it or not, but I don't mind they tried something different for this new version. After all, we'll always have the original song. I wonder if "Prince Ali" will also have the same style.
Disney Duster wrote:I agree with Sotiris on the international poster.
I also agree. The international poster is more balanced and I prefer the blue hue too.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Maybe it's "'Cause I'm standing. I cannot be broken." ?
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

We’re a month out, and we still have no announcement or even placeholders for a soundtrack. Disney’s handling of this movie just keeps getting more and more baffling. I get if it were just a score like Dumbo, but this is Alan Menken and Pasek & Paul and new music from them! This should be a big deal!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I'm not worried yet. It appears that's part of their marketing strategy in the last few years. They don't start doing the heavy marketing blitz (including issuing a press release about the soundtrack and releasing a track list) until their previous movie on the docket is released. Now that Avengers: Endgame is finally out, they're going to start focusing on Aladdin.
ChrisLyne
Gold Classic Collection

Post by ChrisLyne »

Loving Speechless, loving the new TV spots, pretty much loving everything right now (ok, FLM is going to take a bit of getting used to). The Art of Aladdin book looks gorgeous.

I actually picked up the Far from Agrabah and the novel adaptation whilst I was in Chicago the other week. Now I'm trying to resist reading them before the film comes out. Sure I know the story but I want to avoid spoiling the new stuff!

I'm totally bias but I honestly think this will be better than Lion King. Sure TLK will make more, but Aladdin is looking so good right now. They seem to have found that nice mix of being true to the original and bringing something new to the mix.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Far From Agrabah won't spoil most of the new things for you. The book is all about Aladdin and Jasmine's carpet ride in A Whole New World and just briefly references earlier events in the movie like when they met. I think every chapter (or every other chapter) features a fairy tale from Agrabah which has impact on Aladdin and Jasmine's characters.
ImageImage
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

nomad2010 wrote:We’re a month out, and we still have no announcement or even placeholders for a soundtrack. Disney’s handling of this movie just keeps getting more and more baffling. I get if it were just a score like Dumbo, but this is Alan Menken and Pasek & Paul and new music from them! This should be a big deal!
Most likely, the soundtrack will have 2 versions, songs only and a deluxe edition with the songs and the score, in a nice digipack packaging.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New TV spot with lots of new footage! Naomi looks so good. The camera loves her.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

I'm so glad people are appreciating Naomi because she's one of the reasons I'm especially hyped for this film and there was so much flack over her casting.
ImageImage