My abnormal life: ON THE RADIO!!!!!!!!!

Any topic that doesn't fit elsewhere.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The New Saga: RTV and Theater

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Now I'm feeling better about all of this. In fact, decided to not hold a grudge and staying friends with someone I know vs let well...hold a grudge. All too often, I see how toxicity can ruin friendships, with no one making an effort to move past it. I decided to break that mold. No, I'm not in theater club and yes the situations were stressful, but if I don't let go of my frustrated feelings, it will consume me.

This whole thing had been affecting my strong school work ethic. Now I'm happy to say I'm back, getting my work done ahead a time etc.
So, yes in the beginning I was devastated in a way, but now I feel liberated.

Now I will focus my time on Broadcasting Club.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

Awesome! You are being a great person by letting go of anger and a grudge and staying friends with someone. And I'm glad you now are back to excellency in your shool work! And I like you avatar! It's from one of the best movies ever and it's a radio!
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I agree with Disney Duster on all accounts! I think "being the bigger person" can absolutely help with stress/mental health, too, so you're not constantly worrying about it. Broadcasting Club > Theater Club anyway!! Bye bye drama (um, figuratively and literally!)!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

Good on you for breaking away from discord, and all the best with your work :)
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The New Saga: My Mom

Post by disneyboy20022 »

I've been an emotional wreck the past few days, especially Thursday night finding my mom at home unresponsive, wouldn't wake up. She got up, ambulance got there and said didn't want to go.

the next day she fell twice and I called 911 and ambulance took her to the ER.

My mom is currently in the hospital critical care unit with a very very bad of c-diff. (google it, I don't feel it's something I can explain, especially for the faint of heart, but think colitis then judge for yourself.) She's also having kidney issues fror the c diff and doesn't have the strength to stand. My pastor told me that he thinks that my mom doesn't even know where she is. Cognitive issues also from the c-diff infection itself.

I'm going to go see her today, but it's been a rough past few days indeed.

blackcauldron85

Michael, I'm so, so sorry to hear about your mom. :( She will be in my thoughts.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I'll send up prayers for your mother's recovery. I hope everything turns out alright.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh no. This is so horrible. I will pray for your mother and you for things to get better, and soon.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

The C-diff infection is gone, she's recovered and healthy

her mind on the other hand...not so much. She has confusion, slurred speech and has issue with short term memory issues.

They did an MRI of her brain and nothing is wrong. This is a mystery that has me and my dad sad and depressed as living hell.

The psych doctor they know is going to see my mom in the hospital to see what's going on. This is a huge freaking mess.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh my gosh! That was a symptom of the C-diff, wasn't it? Ok, well, I will pray that your mom gets better!
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Disney Duster wrote:Oh my gosh! That was a symptom of the C-diff, wasn't it? Ok, well, I will pray that your mom gets better!
The confusion part was, but there's no guarantee her mind would come back....

yet.... to quote a certain song, there can be miracles when you believe.

My mom is medically and finally mentally better. She looks more healthily than she has in a long time.

This is a huge weight off of my shoulders and so relieved she's healed. This is a second chance, and I will not take her for granted ever again.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, thank goodness she's better! And it's great how you will cherish your time with her even more now.
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

What a worry with your Mother!

Hoping she remains better
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: The New Saga: My crappy situation.

Post by disneyboy20022 »

My mom is doing so amazing. She's back to herself and I'm glad because I need her.

Huh...funny that this whole thread rooted back to my Ulcerative Colitis. Ever since about 2015 I've been in remission.

However, last week I found out that I'm experiencing a flare and no longer in remission. I will find out what the scope of this new flare on June 26th through a very fun test. Very very frustrating yet I can't let it get to me. I'm in summer college classes, two western civilization classes. Yesterday I let my anxiety of this flare get to me, but dwelling isn't going to make it better. Today I'm going to put this out of my mind and get my schoolwork done.

Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Aw, I hope this flare doesn't lead to something too bad and gets fixed!
blackcauldron85

I like your attitude!, but I'm so sorry about your flares being back. That totally sucks. Hopefully the test will guide the doctors... And I am beyond thrilled that your mom's doing great!!!
Rose Dome
Special Edition

Post by Rose Dome »

I'am so sorry about your flare :( Your determination will help you though :thumb:
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Re: My abnormal life: death, car, psych ward and I'm a final

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Been so buy this summer, I forgot to provide an update. Turns out, increased meds possibly eradicated the mini flare up.

That being said, the past couple weeks have been rough. A friend of mine died that I knew for about 3 years passed away bout two weeks ago. I will not go further into this topic, because it's a very complicated matter that I prefer not to post on this forum.

The day after I learned my friend died, I parked in a parking lot, my car went over one of the those parking cement blocks. Normally, does not cause damage. Well...sees there was some sort of rivet or bolt from said block. So, when I went to back out, my entire front end and well tore off the bumper. The damages are $2600, but been told by many people that this was not my fault given well..amount of damage done should not well cost that much, that and my mom, dad and insurance have said so as well. Then yesterday I found out my gf was admitted to the psych ward. So, yup, it's been a rough past couple of weeks.

There was a well good moment on Friday at least. Of course I'm an rtv student as you all know. In the spring semester, rtv students across the entire state of Illinois submit their best work to the Illinois Broadcasters Association. I submitted two of my projects, but one of the 2 I had to pay about $20 to submit it. Now, there's not a whole lot of finalists, maybe 2 or 3 in each different category and chosen from rtv students throughout the the entire state. I was honestly shocked and amazed to learn the two rtv projects I submitted for this IBA were selected. So yeah, I'm a finalist. I'll find out this fall when I travel to the IBA conference to learn whether I got 1st place in the two categories my projects fell under.

blackcauldron85

Michael!! I was concerned when you hadn't posted in a while! Wow, I am super sorry to hear all that you're going through. :( There are no words. I hope you're doing okay. Woohoo on the RTV submissions- that is beyond exciting, and to have two selected!! I hope you have a great time at the event, and fingers crossed!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I'm glad the meds helped your flare up. That sucks about your car. Sorry about your girlfriend in the psyche ward. And sorry your friend passed away. May they rest in peace. But it's totally awesome your rtv submissions are finalists!!!