Disney Plus (Streaming Service)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Disney Plus (Streaming Service)

Post by JeanGreyForever »

https://decider.com/2019/04/11/disney-p ... rice-hulu/
Is the Disney Vault still a thing?
It doesn’t look like it. All 13 movies in the Walt Disney Signature Collection will be taken out of the vault and made available to stream at all times.
Also this tweet confirms that as well.'
https://twitter.com/DisneyAnimation/sta ... 0037115904
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Ioz
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Ioz »

In the articles I've read, I've seen the old DuckTales mentioned as being available on the service, but nothing about Gummi Bears, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Gargoyles, or Talespin. Also, nothing about the old Driods and Ewoks cartoons. I'll probably need to know stuff like this is for sure on it before I would subscribe.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I'm confused. LaughingPlace.com did a Livestream article, and the 3:40pm entry shows a picture of the Disney+ interface; the "Continue Watching" section shows The Sound of Music. But there isn't a Fox section on the site, right?

https://www.laughingplace.com/w/article ... -and-more/

*Edit* and it will have The Simpsons & Malcolm in the Middle...will they be lumped with Disney or will Fox indeed have a section?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^A section for Fox wasn't shown. It's presumed Fox movies and series will be under "Disney". I hope they give Fox its own section eventually for easier access and proper categorization.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I can see that's causing quite a lot of debate as to what they will do for their filtering / searching system. People are freaking because the movies are listed alphabetically for the Classics / Pixar rather than release order. Hoping for a choice of filters.
blackcauldron85

I just realized that Magic Camp hasn't been mentioned in any of the articles regarding the original movies. :(
netenyahoo

Post by netenyahoo »

Can it just be November 12th already? I am ready to give Disney my money right now.
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeoSuperBlissey »

netenyahoo wrote:Can it just be November 12th already? I am ready to give Disney my money right now.
You and me both!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

https://i.imgur.com/OIOW0GH.png
All the Disney Animated Classics that will be available at launch including the 13 Signature films.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

blackcauldron85 wrote:I just realized that Magic Camp hasn't been mentioned in any of the articles regarding the original movies.:(
It most likely has to do with Jeffrey Tambor's involvement with the film. There's no other logical explanation why they aren't releasing a long-finished film. I suppose they may still release it at a later date but with them not mentioning it in the slate with their first and second year originals the chances are slim.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

JeanGreyForever wrote:https://i.imgur.com/OIOW0GH.png
All the Disney Animated Classics that will be available at launch including the 13 Signature films.
Oliver and Company & Black Caldron are missing. Oliver's missing but Chicken flippin Little is there. I know they're ashamed of that film but damn, that's low. :(

I read on 4chan that they are including all the Fox stuff that can fit under the family friendly umbrella. The rest will go to Hulu.
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

unprincess wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:https://i.imgur.com/OIOW0GH.png
Oliver and Company & Black Caldron are missing. Oliver's missing but Chicken flippin Little is there. I know they're ashamed of that film but damn, that's low. :(
What a load of horsespit. :|
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Oliver and Company is probably going to be coming to D+ sometime within the first year, but to be honest, having one of the most despised Disney "classics" come to D+ before Oliver perplexes me to no end.
blackcauldron85

Very sad about Oliver + TBC, and the poor Package films + Robin Hood + both Rescuers films + The Many Adv. of WtP + Tarzan + Atlantis + Treasure Planet + Brother Bear + HotR* are missing too. I know that some films have been released on Blu, but maybe just maybe the others are going through restorations??!! Still fearful Disney+ will replace Blu-ray; I need Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, Fantasia, TBC, Make Mine Music, Melody Time on Blu. Lol, I have no $ for all those right now so maybe $6.99/mo isn't so bad. :P :| still worried about Blu though.

*I wasn't planning on listing all the missing ones, but it's 6:30am- I needed a fun game to play in my head :lol: & I know no one here is lamenting the loss of HoTR, but they included CL (I do like both.)...

But at the same time, they said that not even all the Pixar films will be on on Day One.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Bob Iger says Disney’s brand gives new streaming service an edge over Netflix
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/04/11/iger-sa ... tflix.html
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

blackcauldron85 wrote:Still fearful Disney+ will replace Blu-ray

From what I understand, Disney will still release Blu-rays (for example, all of Disney's theatrical films from Captain Marvel on forward will receive a home media [Blu-ray/DVD] release BEFORE appearing on Disney+).
bugsplat9999
Limited Issue

Post by bugsplat9999 »

Has anyone actually seen evidence that Disney + is going to stream the old Anthology TV shows? I know they are going to have 7,000 items, but with all the takeovers, that could include shows from anywhere. I'm still skeptical that old school Disney fans are going to be ignored. Thoughts?
blackcauldron85

Thanks NeoSuperBlissey! Financially it still makes sense to continue releasing home video releases.

bugsplat9999, while I haven't heard any news about classic Disney shows/episodes joining Disney+, a whole segment of fans would surely sign up if those were on the service. It can't cost too much to put them on.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

^don't worry I'm sure all the old school classic Disney stuff will be there, you'll just have to pay an extra fee to get the Disney+ super-deluxe streaming package. :roll:

I didn't even notice that so many of their dark age and 2nd dark age hand drawn films were missing too! I just noticed Oliver and BC were and it was late so I didn't feel like going through the whole list. Its sickening to me that those charming classic 2d animated films are seen inferior to the CGI stuff like Chicken Little and Dinosaur(and I liked Dinosaur.)

also I wonder if they're going to do what Netflix does and rotate content in and out, like maybe the missing films will be included later but they will replace some of the lesser classics currently in the lineup? That would really suck if they do that. I have all the Disney films that I really like on Blu ray anyway but it will suck for those who wanted to finally dump physical media.
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Variety.com is reporting that Disney+ will be airing shows produced by non-Disney studios...in this case, a show set for airing in 2020 entitled Diary of a Female President, which will be produced for Disney+ by CBS Studios.

The show, which will have Gina Rodriguez from Jane the Virgin as a co-executive producer, focuses on the misadventures of a twelve-year-old Cuban-American girl who will eventually become U.S. President.