Lady and the Tramp (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Lady and the Tramp (Live-Action)

Post by D82 »

I don't remember if it has been announced whether this remake is going to have songs or not, but casting Janelle Monáe, who is a singer as well as an actress, to voice Peg seems to suggest it will be a musical.
disneyboy20022
Signature Collection

Post by disneyboy20022 »

D82 wrote:I don't remember if it has been announced whether this remake is going to have songs or not, but casting Janelle Monáe, who is a singer as well as an actress, to voice Peg seems to suggest it will be a musical.
This'll be interesting to see. So far, the live action remakes have been on fims that features mostly all humans, or animals. Don't think there's been one that features animals that aren't in the jungle.

If this is successful, I can see Disney making Oilver and Company into a live action remake.
Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Lady and the Tramp though is one of Disney's most iconic films and even then, it's heading to the streaming service. Oliver & Company is one of the least popular films and it was already dated in the 80s. If they did remake it, I'm sure it would be set to a more contemporary time period but then it wouldn't really be unique since there are so many animated films with animals set in NYC. I can't see Disney touching Oliver & Company especially since they're already making a contemporary version of Oliver Twist.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

JeanGreyForever wrote: I can't see Disney touching Oliver & Company especially since they're already making a contemporary version of Oliver Twist.
Agreed. I see The Rescuers or even The Aristocats more likely to get remade for the streaming service than Oliver & Company.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Sotiris wrote: Agreed. I see The Rescuers or even The Aristocats more likely to get remade for the streaming service than Oliver & Company.
The Rescuers was at least a huge hit and considered one of the A-List Disney films for a time, considering it almost sparked a TV series and actually did spark a sequel, albeit an unsuccessful one (and I blame the failure of the sequel for The Rescuers being such an obscure Disney property now). The Aristocats is huge in France and Japan so I can easily see this getting a feature soon, especially if Lady and the Tramp becomes a streaming hit.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

D82 wrote:I don't remember if it has been announced whether this remake is going to have songs or not, but casting Janelle Monáe, who is a singer as well as an actress, to voice Peg seems to suggest it will be a musical.
Singer Peggy Lee was cast as Peg in the original, so this seems to be following in that tradition.

I will be surprised if "Bella Notte" and "He's a Tramp" aren't in the remake. The Siamese Cat Song will definitely be cut, though.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Interview with Thomas Mann who's portraying Jim Dear in the remake.

Disney's Live-Action 'Lady and the Tramp' Will Use Real Dogs
http://collider.com/lady-and-the-tramp- ... real-dogs/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

It's been a long time since they haven't used real animals when they're the talking protagonists of a live-action film, hasn't it? I guess they've chosen to do it that way because this movie is for the streaming service and the budget probably isn't too big.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

unprincess wrote:Though I too certainly don't consider Lady and the Tramp a less-loved film. It's one of the jewels of Disney's animated classics!
Bob Iger certainly doesn't think so. Apparently, there was never any question whether they should make this a theatrical release or exclusive to Disney+.
Bob Iger wrote:When we made the announcement, we said we’re going to make original movies for the platform. A number of ideas were pitched. Other than one, which was being contemplated for the big screen but wasn’t a big movie, none of them were in development as big-screen movies. One of them that we’re making for the platform is a remake of Lady and the Tramp. There was not one discussion about whether we should make that for the big screen. Everybody said this is a great story, would love to make it again, let’s make it for what we call “the service” internally.
Source: https://www.barrons.com/articles/disney ... 1546599600
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wonder why they--or Iger, rather--decided to be so dismissive of this property when they're making Dumbo a theatrical release? The spaghetti scene is iconic all by itself, and that would've helped the film do at least as well as that film will, I would think.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Re: Lady and the Tramp (TV Series)

Post by Sotiris »

blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I thought that Disney+ was going to have a L&tT movie; it's definitely a TV series?

*Edit*
Mickeyfan1990 posted this article in the Disney+ thread & it says L&tT is a movie:
https://d23.com/complete-guide-disney-entertainment/
Last edited by blackcauldron85 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

No, it's definitely a movie.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I think you posted this in the wrong thread, Sotiris; this one is for the TV series. That's why blackcauldron85 was confused.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Oops! :oops: Sorry, everyone. I've now moved the posts in the right thread.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^Don't worry, Sotiris. It's not a big deal. :) Thanks for posting those images. The logo is a bit simple, but the dogs look OK. I much prefer real animals to photorealistic CG ones like in the Lion King remake.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:I much prefer real animals to photorealistic CG ones like in the Lion King remake.
Me too. I hope CG animation will be kept to a minimum. I would much prefer if the dialogue is done as voice over without showing us the dogs mouthing it.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:I would much prefer if the dialogue is done as voice over without showing us the dogs mouth it.
I think I prefer that too. When they make the animals move their mouths, it usually looks weird.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I don't like the voice-over way, I like when they move their mouths ala the original animated classic.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

D82 wrote:^Don't worry, Sotiris. It's not a big deal. :) Thanks for posting those images. The logo is a bit simple, but the dogs look OK. I much prefer real animals to photorealistic CG ones like in the Lion King remake.
I agree- no problem, thanks for showing the pics!! So these *are* all real dogs,? I am not a fan of remaking everything, but I'm a sucker for dogs... And after reading all that's coming to Disney+, I think I'll need to find it in my budget to subscribe. Worried about home releases in the future, though.