Signature Collection

The Rats of NIMH

Post by disneyboy20022 »

Want to Hear How I met Roy E. Disney in 2003? Click the link Below

http://fromscreentotheme.com/ThursdayTr ... isney.aspx
PixarFan2006
Signature Collection

Post by PixarFan2006 »

I really wish they would stop remaking movies like this. It's completely pointless and ruins the image of the original film.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Rats of NIMH Live-action

Post by Disney Duster »

This isn't a re-make of a film.

This is someone else's film adaptation of the original book.

Disneyboy, isn't Nihm supposed to be in all capitals, like NIHM? Could you edit the title if that's how it really is, so as not to confuse?
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

I'm all for a new adaptation, especially if it's by Neil Burger. The guy was able to make me actually enjoy an Ed Norton film for once (The Illusionist) so I'm sure he'll do wonders with this.

BTW, it's neither "Nihm" nor "NIHM". National Institute of Mental Health is abbreviated as NIMH. :P

albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Disney Duster

Rats of NIMH Live-action

Post by Disney Duster »

Whoops NIMH. Thank you Disneyboy. Though Amazon strangely gave some versions of the book the Nimh spelling. I don't know if there's two possible ways of spelling it or not...
Sotiris

Re: Talks of a New Live action/CGI of NIMH coming to theater

Post by Sotiris »

The project is back on track!
MGM has acquired the award-winning Robert C. O’Brien children’s book Mrs. Frisby & The Rats of Nimh and set Ice Age 5 scribe Michael Berg to write the script. Daniel Bobker and Ehren Kruger will produce through their Bobker/Kruger label. The film will be done as a live-action/CGI hybrid, and Berg is focusing on an origin story in which an imperiled mouse protagonist befriends a comical crew of lab rats as they turn hyper-intelligent. They escape a secret laboratory and become the great minds of vermin civilization, forced to outwit the humans hot on their tails. The hope is to create a franchise.
Source: https://deadline.com/2015/03/mrs-frisby ... 201385967/
James Madigan has been hired to direct the hybrid live-action/animation version of “The Rats of NIMH.” Daniel Bobker and Ehren Kruger are producing with Michael Berg penning the script. Cassidy Lange and Jon Glickman are overseeing at MGM. The film will mark Madigan’s directorial debut.

The movie is based on the successful Newbery Medal-winning series by author Robert C. O’Brien. The book was previously made into the 1982 motion picture “The Secret of NIMH.” The story revolves around a group of rescued lab rats that are recruited to save a rodent family.
Source: https://variety.com/2017/film/news/jame ... 201974842/
AGBO will also develop James Madigan’s hybrid live action/animation version of The Rats of Nimh, based on the Newbery Medal-winning series by author Robert C. O’Brien.
Source: https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-e ... 202591932/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Re: The Rats of NIMH

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Is this movie new pretty much dead ?
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

DisneyFan97 wrote:Is this movie new pretty much dead ?
MGM just announced only a few months ago that the Russo Brothers are producing it, so no.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The animated/live-action hybrid film has been turned into an animated TV series.

Animated Series Based On Robert C. O’Brien’s ‘NIMH’ In Works At Fox
https://deadline.com/2021/09/rats-of-ni ... 234828638/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Re:

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

PixarFan2006 wrote:I really wish they would stop remaking movies like this. It's completely pointless and ruins the image of the original film.
A little late reply, but one of the differences between the book and the movie is that there are no magic medallion in the book.

When the Bluth studio experimented with backlight animation, they enjoyed the results so much that they decided they wanted to use it more than it was originally intended for, and so they came up with the idea of the medallion.
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

I've also read the book and it spends multiple chapters telling the back story of the Rats of NIMH, while I recall the movie only devoted a short flashback to it.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

estefan wrote:I've also read the book and it spends multiple chapters telling the back story of the Rats of NIMH, while I recall the movie only devoted a short flashback to it.
In other words; a new adaptation will be able to cover a lot of story that was left out in the movie. Seeing how the Bluth movie explored the world from a mouse's point of view, this can be done even more detailed with modern animation tools. Maybe they can also borrow some inspiration from the illustrations of Jill Barklem.
estefan wrote:"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
A similar quote was used in The New Mutants movie:
"Inside every person there are two bears, forever locked in combat for your soul. One bear is all things good: compassion, love, trust. The other is all things evil: fear, shame, and self-destruction. Which bear wins? The bear that gets feed."