Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by D82 »

The songs from Rapunzel and the Great Tree are also on Youtube now:
- You're My Best Buddy
- Waiting In The Wings
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Updated schedule for April:
Rapunzeltopia (Sunday, April 7, 2019)
Rapunzel finds herself back in Corona as if all the events of the black rocks and Varian never happened.

Lost and Found (Sunday, April 7, 2019)
Rapunzel and Eugene must traverse a deadly maze, and their guide through the labyrinth is Vigor the Visionary.
*Timothy Dalton (“The Living Daylights”) guest stars as Demanitus.

Destinies Collide (Sunday, April 14, 2019)
Rapunzel follows the black rocks to the Dark Kingdom to uncover the truth behind her destiny.
Source: http://tangledbea.tumblr.com/post/18360 ... april-2019

And the show was nominated for Outstanding Casting for an Animated Series or Special at the Daytime Emmy Awards.
WillytheDino
Gold Classic Collection

Post by WillytheDino »

D82 wrote:Updated schedule for April:

Destinies Collide (Sunday, April 14, 2019)
Rapunzel follows the black rocks to the Dark Kingdom to uncover the truth behind her destiny.
Source: http://tangledbea.tumblr.com/post/18360 ... april-2019

And the show was nominated for Outstanding Casting for an Animated Series or Special at the Daytime Emmy Awards.[/quote]

Sounds like the season finale! I'm curious to find out if we'll uncover everything about the mystery or if they'll keep something for the final third season.
'All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.' - Walt Disney
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I wonder, since they're airing an hour's worth every time it airs now, if "Destinies Collide" might end up being a one-hour episode.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

You were both right, Destinies Collide is the season finale! I hadn't realized we were so near the end of season 2.
Lost And Found 7/4/19
Rapunzeltopia 7/4/19
Destinies Collide Part 1. 14/4/19 SEASON FINALE
Destinies Collide Part 2. 14/4/19 SEASON FINALE
Source: https://twitter.com/DisneyTVA/status/11 ... 4960058368
Disney's Divinity

It comes across as if they're trying to burn through this quickly. Or perhaps they decided this was the best strategy to maintain ratings.

After watching today's shows, I suppose all the March episodes other than the Great Tree were filler eps. The story won't pick up until April.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Here's Hook Foot's song from The Brothers Hook. I think it's quite catchy.

I loved Rapunzel: Day One, the episode where Rapunzel loses her memory, she was hilarious in it and it was interesting seeing Cassandra meet fresh-out-of-the-tower Rapunzel.

Disney's Divinity wrote:It comes across as if they're trying to burn through this quickly. Or perhaps they decided this was the best strategy to maintain ratings.
I also wonder why they are releasing two episodes a week instead of one. Maybe it helps with the ratings in the sense that audiences have to wait less between the episodes that are about the main plot, and therefore fewer people stop watching the show because they are tired of waiting for the story to advance.
Disney's Divinity

D82 wrote:Here's Hook Foot's song from The Brothers Hook. I think it's quite catchy.
I've liked all three songs from the past 4 episodes, although I believe Iglehart and Levi's duet together was my favorite.

More fodder today, but it wasn't too bad.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:More fodder today, but it wasn't too bad.
Yes, they were clearly filler episodes, but I also liked both of them.
Disney's Divinity wrote:I've liked all three songs from the past 4 episodes, although I believe Iglehart and Levi's duet together was my favorite.
Mine was Cassandra's song. I can't wait to listen to the 2 new songs in next week's season finale.
Disney's Divinity

D82 wrote: Mine was Cassandra's song. I can't wait to listen to the 2 new songs in next week's season finale.
I liked it, too, although it felt a little loud. Something more for a Broadway show.

I guess coming up at the end of the season or next year there will be three witch characters, considering the story told in shadows by Demanitus had three women. My guess is they'll make the characters similar to the Fates. (Unless they're characters we've already seen in the first season that I don't remember? I know there was the one woman who made people paint for her or something to resurrect the villain.) I think it would be interesting if the second season ends with Zhan Tiri brought back to life and he's present for most of the episodes of the third season leading up to his final defeat in the series finale.

Mother Gothel getting a pan to the head was worth the dream episode. :lol:

I was thinking this morning how children watching the Disney Channel wouldn't even understand what's going on if they tuned in now since they don't re-run. Maybe that's why this season has even more fodder than last year--to make it easier for people to tune in without understanding the plot details.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Promo for the season 2 finale (includes a snippet of a new song): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbLzqcCeBw
Disney's Divinity wrote:I guess coming up at the end of the season or next year there will be three witch characters, considering the story told in shadows by Demanitus had three women. My guess is they'll make the characters similar to the Fates. (Unless they're characters we've already seen in the first season that I don't remember? I know there was the one woman who made people paint for her or something to resurrect the villain.)
I think that woman of the first season is one of them. And wasn't Gothel another one of them? The third one I think isn't a woman, but the owner of that magical inn where the protagonists were trapped the three episodes before the last one.

Regarding Cassandra, do you think she's going to turn evil? I've been suspecting it since her song in the last one-hour special episode. She seemed a bit too obsessed about standing out. If that happens though, I don't think she'll be as evil as Varian, for instance, and she'll definitely be redeemed at the end.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

BWW Exclusive: Listen to Eden Espinosa, Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi Sing on RAPUNZEL'S TANGLED ADVENTURE
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/B ... E-20190411
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I've been given link to be able to get up to speed on all of these episodes ... and WOW have they been brilliant !

The plot line is insane, absolutely love the whole sun drop / moon drop, and the Hurt Incantation was an absolute standout. I'm now really feeling kind of glad that this is a TV show rather than a sequel. There has been so much growth to the characters, and their journey has been absolutely brilliant to watch.

I put the film on the other day, and it was almost odd to go back and watch the very beginning as I'm so used to this animation style now !

I've also read that the S2 soundtrack is being released in the coming weeks, along with the score so I'm thrilled with that :)

I just hope the quality continues into its final season !
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Ahhh scratch that, the album is on Spotify TODAY !!!

Cue ‘Next Stop Anywhere’ on repeat ...
Disney's Divinity

Wow, thanks for the heads up, Atlantica. Going to buy it now. :up:
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The second season soundtrack of Tangled: The Series (aka Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure) is now available on Amazon, Deezer, Google Play, iTunes, Napster, Spotify, and Tidal.

Source: https://disneymusic.co/TangledTV
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I didn't expect the soundtrack would be released before the season finale aired!

Here's a new clip from the special episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... nWBld7Kmz8
Atlantica wrote:I'm now really feeling kind of glad that this is a TV show rather than a sequel. There has been so much growth to the characters, and their journey has been absolutely brilliant to watch.
I agree. I love Rapunzel and Eugene in the movie, but I think here they've developed their personalities more and have made them more unique. For that alone, making a TV series has been worthwhile, in my opinion.
Atlantica wrote:I put the film on the other day, and it was almost odd to go back and watch the very beginning as I'm so used to this animation style now !
The same happened to me. :lol: At first, it was difficult to get used to the designs and animation of the series, but now it's the opposite.
Disney's Divinity

D82 wrote:I didn't expect the soundtrack would be released before the season finale aired!
Me either. I thought it might be a month or two afterwards. :lol:

I wish they’d drawn Rapunzel’s face better for the soundtrack cover.

This show definitely made me like Eugene more especially. Reminds me of how the Aladdin series made Jasmine more interesting, too.
Disney's Divinity

A shame it'll be half a year or more before we find out what that ending was about. :lol:
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:A shame it'll be half a year or more before we find out what that ending was about. :lol:
Yeah, that's the worst part. But I think this finale was actually quite satisfactory. We got answers to several questions, and there was lot of tension and some big surprises.

I don't know yet how I feel about Eugene being the son of the King of the Dark Kingdom. I guess it's not a retcon, but in the movie we assume he's of humble origins and now it turns out he's also royalty like Rapunzel. I suppose the people who didn't like that they changed his background for the film will be glad about this. Anyway, I liked seeing him meet his father.

As for Cass, though I suspected she would be the traitor, it still surprised me when it was revealed it was her. I guess she'll be the main villain of season 3. I wonder how she was able to hold the stone in her hand, when they said it destroyed everything that touched it. Something happened to her in the last episode that took place in that magical inn that they didn't show us. Maybe she made a deal with that sorcerer and he gave her of his powers, maybe she's Gothel's daughter as some people suspected in the beginning and has inherited some of her magic, or perhaps it's not her who went out of the inn but her evil doppelgänger from the mirror. Whatever it is, as I previously said, I think she'll be redeemed in the end, but I hope she doesn't have to die to pay for her crimes.