Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Avengers: Endgame

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The theatrical poster and the theatrical trailer have been released!

Source: https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1106169119248793600
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Glad Carol has a big role in this. Also excited that Okoye hasn't been sidelined since I love her.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Marvel Reissues New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Poster After Backlash From Danai Gurira Credit Omission
https://deadline.com/2019/03/marvel-ave ... 202575975/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

This seemed more like another teaser rather than a full trailer, but I prefer it that way. I'm glad they didn't reveal too much.
blackcauldron85 wrote:Marvel Reissues New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Poster After Backlash From Danai Gurira Credit Omission
https://deadline.com/2019/03/marvel-ave ... 202575975/
Maybe she's just in the poster to represent Black Panther as the article says, but doesn't have as big a role as the other characters featured there and that's why her name wasn't in it. Though she appears in the trailer, it doesn't look like she's part of the team who seems to go on a mission at the end. I'm glad they've added her name to the poster though, and that she'll be in the movie. I love her too.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

That trailer was so good! I got goosebumps! #WhateverItTakes
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The film's theatrical trailer has become the second most-viewed movie trailer in 24 hours (the first one being the Avengers: Endgame teaser).
Marvel Entertainment wrote:Thank you to the greatest fans in the universe for making Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel the #1 movie in the world for two weeks in a row, and doing ‘whatever it takes’ to watch the Avengers: Endgame trailer 268 million times in 24 hours.
Source: https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1107280412143992832
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Could Avengers: Endgame Introduce Black Knight?
https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame-bl ... -solicits/

'Avengers: Endgame' Hovers Around 3 Hours, Longest Marvel Movie Yet
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ie-1197113
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Character posters.

The MCU Heroes Unveil 'Avengers: Endgame' Character Posters
https://www.marvel.com/articles/movies/ ... er-posters
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

Super excited for this one. But three hours long? I guess no water during the screening :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^ :lol: :lol:

I'm also quite excited for it. I can't believe its release is just over two weeks away.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

EW unveils The Original Six covers for Avengers: Endgame
https://ew.com/movies/avengers-endgame- ... ix-covers/

All for One: EW's epic and emotional sit-down with the Avengers who started it all
https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/10/avenge ... ver-story/

Behold! Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to the Avengers
https://ew.com/movies/2019/04/11/ultima ... -avengers/
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The reviews are in and they're quite good. Right now it has a 97% score on Rotten Tomatoes and 78 on Metacritic.

By the way, Rotten Tomatoes doesn't publish the average rating score anymore, right? I noticed it some time ago. It's a shame, I found it interesting and helpful. I guess now I'll have to check Metacritic to get an idea of that score.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

So... What do you all think of the movie? :)

I really enjoyed it. Those three hours went like a breeze. It's not a perfect movie but it is a fitting end. And the final 20-25 minutes gave me goosebumps. I do have a couple of questions/nitpicks so if anyone could help me with them it'd be greatly appreciated (spoilers below).

a) I'm still confused by the rules of time travel in this movie. They said it doesn't work like in BttF where changing something in the past results in future changing as well. And it works like that for the most part, but then the whole old Captain America thing happens in the end. But how? Are parallel realities created instead? But the Ancient one specifically warned them about that and that they needed to straighten the timeline back by bringing the stones back to their original timelines. It's making my head hurt lol.

b) What happened to Gamora? Was she dusted along with the rest of Thanos' army or returned to Morag? She wasn't in the group paying respect to Tony.
blackcauldron85

I just spent 20-30 minutes trying to get tickets! I have Fandango gift cards, and the app kept glitching (Ralph didn't break the Internet- The Avengers did!). I ended up getting 3D tickets (hubby won't sit up front, and they had no other 2 seats next to each other)...then hubby said he won't do 3D. Refunded those tickets and did tomorrow night in the next town over. Avoiding spoilers, rewatched Infinity War last night. Excited!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I also had difficulties finding good seats. I hadn't reserved the tickets earlier because I didn't know if I would be able to see it on its first day of release, and the theaters in my area were almost full. That doesn't normally happen. This movie is going to break all records! Thankfully, I could find one that wasn't too bad.
Mooky wrote:So... What do you all think of the movie? :)

I really enjoyed it. Those three hours went like a breeze. It's not a perfect movie but it is a fitting end. And the final 20-25 minutes gave me goosebumps. I do have a couple of questions/nitpicks so if anyone could help me with them it'd be greatly appreciated (spoilers below).

a) I'm still confused by the rules of time travel in this movie. They said it doesn't work like in BttF where changing something in the past results in future changing as well. And it works like that for the most part, but then the whole old Captain America thing happens in the end. But how? Are parallel realities created instead? But the Ancient one specifically warned them about that and that they needed to straighten the timeline back by bringing the stones back to their original timelines. It's making my head hurt lol.

b) What happened to Gamora? Was she dusted along with the rest of Thanos' army or returned to Morag? She wasn't in the group paying respect to Tony.
I enjoyed it too. I think it's quite well made. Though the ending is bittersweet. I think you leave the theater with more sadness than happiness. Regarding your questions, I'm as confused about those things as you. Actually, I thought I knew the answer to the second one, but now you've made me doubt. I'll try to see if there's any info on the Internet about it and if I find something I will tell you, if no one has answered you yet.
Mooky
Platinum Edition

Post by Mooky »

Thanks for the reply! I'm glad I'm not the only one confused lol :D

I found this post on SuperHeroHype forums by a member called djsunyc; I think they explain it rather well and I can get behind this explanation.
every time the heroes went to the past - a new timeline occurred.

let's see if i can explain myself lol...

the entire MCU is timeline A. every movie we've seen is in this timeline. thanos got the stones, snapped his finger and 50% died. this is the timeline endgame is based on. avengers kill thanos by chopping off his head. they do the time travel stuff - this is where things get nutty.

timeline A hulk, cap, tony, antman go back to the battle for ny. loki disappearing with the tesseract caused timeline B to happen. to fix this, cap and tony go back to 1970 and by taking the tesseract there, it caused timeline C to happen. hulk getting the time stone casued timeline D to happen. total timelines (4 - A,B,C,D), total new timelines (3 - B,C,D). timeline A hulk, cap, tony, antman return to present timeline A.

timeline A widow and hawkeye go to vormir and get the soul stone. timeline A widow dies. this caused timeline E. total timelines (5 - A,B,C,D,E), total new timelines (4 - B,C,D,E). timeline A hawkeye return to present timeline A.

timeline A rocket + thor go to asgard. they get the ether. timeline F is created. thor brings back timeline F's mjolnir. total timelines (6, A-F), total new timelines (5, B-F). timeline A rocket, thor return to present timeline A.

timeline A nebula and rhodey go to morag. they get the power stone. timeline G is created. timeline A rhodey returns present timeline A. timeline A nebula is stuck in timeline G. timeline G's thanos sends timeline G's nebula back to present timeline A. total timelines (7, A-G). total new timelines (6, B-G).

we are now in present timeline A with timeline A's, cap, tony, hulk, thor, antman, hawkeye, rhodey, rocket and timeline G's nebula.

hulk performs the snap. everyone that died in timeline A from infinity war is back.

timeline G's nebula brings timeline G's thanos, gamora, and his ship (which has timeline A's nebula).

final battle is present timeline A vs. timeline G's thanos + friends.

timeline A wins. all of timeline G's baddies are dusted by tony. (do not what happened to timeline G gamora but timeline A gamora is still dead from infinity war). timeline A thanos was killed in the beginning of the movie and timeline G thanos was killed in the final battle.

the ancient one said to stop the ripple effect of time - they had to return the infinity stones to their original locations in time. at least that's what she thinks.

timeline A's cap goes back in time to put the stones back. we do not know what happens here and what the ramifications are. this is the unknown that the MCU can do many things with.

timeline A's cap is now 100+ years old and returns at the end. imho, he did not come back via the time travel machine b/c he wasn't wearing the suit nor was he in the machine circle. i don't know how he got there but timeline A cap is old.

now all of these new timelines have COPIES of our timeline A people. there's a cap in timeline A (who's now 100 years old), timeline B-G. same for all of our other folks. all we do know is that thanos and nebula from timeline G is dead. thanos, gamora and widow from timeline A are dead. there is a gamora from timeline G somewhere or was also dusted in tony's snap.

i do not know the status of peter parker and high school. the easiest explanation is that everyone snapped did not age in those 5 years and all returned after the timeline A hulk snap. so he's still in high school as is ned. 50% of his high school classmates prior to infinity war - the 50% that survived are all now 5 years older. while the 50% that disappeared are still the same age and are still in high school

i hope that makes sense and it's my best stab at it.
blackcauldron85

Your theaters didn't have an intermission, did they? I just read that some international theaters may put one in. I'm nervous about my bladder! There are articles saying "this is the spot to go pee at," but I don't want to risk spoilers!!! Help!