Disney Plus (Streaming Service)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: Disney Plus (Streaming Service)

Post by JeanGreyForever »

D82 wrote: That's what I fear as well, though it's great that the streaming service will feature the studio's entire film library. Do you think it means even Song of the South could be on it?
Knowing Disney that's incredibly doubtful. Especially because at least with a physical release, families would have the choice to buy it or not. With streaming, it would automatically be available to everyone who subscribes and Disney wouldn't want this film to be so broadly available.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
bugsplat9999
Limited Issue

Post by bugsplat9999 »

Disney needs to decide whether they want to continue to allow bootleg copies of SOtS to exist. There are hundreds of sellers who offer it. Or allow the correct and beautifully mastered theater version to be released so it can be appreciated for the theatrical gem it is. Disney makes bootleggers rich and punishes the people who supported Disney in its infancy. There is a place in the world for old school disney video lovers. Just not in the new Disney era.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Knowing Disney that's incredibly doubtful. Especially because at least with a physical release, families would have the choice to buy it or not. With streaming, it would automatically be available to everyone who subscribes and Disney wouldn't want this film to be so broadly available.
Yeah, I know it's highly unlikely, but as Iger said Disney will put its entire motion picture library on the streaming service, and we also know the film was being restored recently, I wondered if there might be a possibility. But I guess Iger most likely wasn't thinking of Song of the South when he said that.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Was he including shorts as "films?". Could The Story of Menstruation & Der Fuehrer's Face be coming into everyone's living rooms?! And what about when there are different versions: I'm thinking the original 3 Pooh shorts or Fun and Fancy Free or the individually released The Wind in the Willows? And what about The Martins & the Coys?. Unedited Saludos Amigos & a smoking Pecos Bill?
estefan
Platinum Edition

Post by estefan »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Was he including shorts as "films?". Could The Story of Menstruation & Der Fuehrer's Face be coming into everyone's living rooms?!
Der Feuhrer's Face did get released on the Disney Treasures DVD line, so I wouldn't discount that being on there.

I think Disney+ will probably divide the content into sections (e.g. the Pixar section, the Marvel section, the Star Wars section, etc.) and if I was them, I would have a "historical" section. This could be for things like their World War II propaganda and maybe "Song of the South." They could have Leonard Maltin record new introductions that would be unskippable, similar to the Disney Treasure DVDs, providing historical context. I remember Whoopi Goldberg advocating for the official release of "Song of the South", so she could record the introduction, if they ever put the movie on there. I believe she did some for the Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry box-sets.
"There are two wolves and they are always fighting. One is darkness and despair. The other is light and hope. Which wolf wins? Whichever one you feed." - Casey Newton, Tomorrowland
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^That would be a good solution.
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Some more info:

https://qz.com/quartzy/1569663/disney-p ... of-movies/
The service will reportedly launch with an estimated 7,000 episodes of TV, and up to 500 films.
It looks like more than 700 movies here: https://d23.com/list-of-disney-films/

Not including the Fox library of film and TV from what I can see, except from Star Wars. And what about all the animated shorts? If these becomes available as well, it's gonna be an impressive library.

But what about DVD and Blu-ray? Just because titles are available on a streaming service, a lot of people want physical format they can buy as well. And those outside USA will still not have access to the service.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:But what about DVD and Blu-ray? Just because titles are available on a streaming service, a lot of people want physical format they can buy as well. And those outside USA will still not have access to the service.

You, me, and everyone who prefers physical media are hoping streaming exclusives get home video releases too, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Maybe if persist in asking them, they'll consider it.

Though, we did and still are get(ing) shows originally shown on Netflix. ;)
Rumpelstiltskin
Anniversary Edition

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

You, me, and everyone who prefers physical media are hoping streaming exclusives get home video releases too, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Maybe if persist in asking them, they'll consider it.

It Depends on if they see discs as a competition or an additional income. Would also love it if they made DVD/Blu-ray printing on demand an option.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:It Depends on if they see discs as a competition or an additional income.
Then I guess we'll have to show them then. ;)
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

In Japan, the streaming service will be called Disney Deluxe which is a much better name than Disney Plus, in my opinion.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
NeoSuperBlissey
Gold Classic Collection

Post by NeoSuperBlissey »

Rumpelstiltskin wrote:Some more info:

https://qz.com/quartzy/1569663/disney-p ... of-movies/
The service will reportedly launch with an estimated 7,000 episodes of TV, and up to 500 films.
It looks like more than 700 movies here: https://d23.com/list-of-disney-films/
Keep in mind, Rumplestilskin, that the R-rated movies on that list are not going to be on Disney+--those will go to Hulu.
Sotiris

More Non-Fiction Series Coming to Disney Plus

Post by Sotiris »

In addition to the already-announced Ink & Paint, Walt Disney Imagineering, and Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings, Disney has announced 9 more non-fiction series for Disney Plus.

Be Our Chef, hosted by “The Office” star Angela Kinsey invites families from diverse backgrounds to join a Disney-inspired cooking competition at Walt Disney World. In each episode, two families will participate in a themed challenge based on their family traditions and the magic of Disney. The finalists will apply what they have learned to create a dish that represents their family through a Disney lens. The winner’s magical food creation will become a signature dish or treat served at Walt Disney World. “Be Our Chef” is produced by INE Entertainment with Eric Day and Mark Koops serving as producers.

Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies (working title) is an anthology series that takes a unique look at beloved films through the props & costumes that made them unique – from the craftspeople who created them, the actors who interacted with them, and the collectors and archives who own and cherish them. The show will be hosted by film historian and collector Dan Lanigan. Among the films featured in the first eight episodes are “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl,” “Mary Poppins,” “The Muppet Movie,” “Tron,” and “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” “Cinema Relics” is produced by ABC Studios and executive produced by Jason Henry and Dan Lanigan.

Earthkeepers (working title) is a cinematic documentary series that centers on the adventurous lives of the people changing the way we see the animal kingdom. Each episode will spotlight conservationists and the animals they’ve devoted their career to studying, giving us a greater sense of the personal trials and professional breakthroughs that come with protecting the planet’s most endangered species.

Encore! by executive producer Kristen Bell brings together former castmates of a high school musical, tasking them with re-creating their original performance in a high school reunion. Emotions run high as the former students face faded friendships, former flames, self-doubt, and killer choreography. These unlikely groups of friends—with the help of Broadway’s best— attempt to pull off performances of beloved musicals like “The Sound of Music,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “Annie,” and more. “Encore!” was created by Jason Cohen, and is executive produced by Cohen, Kristen Bell, Alycia Rossiter, Will Gluck, Richard Schwartz, Jim Roush and Chris Wagner.

Marvel’s 616 (working title) is an anthological documentary series exploring the intersection between Marvel’s rich legacy of stories, characters and creators and the world outside your window. Told through the lens of a diverse group of filmmakers, each documentary will dive into the rich historical, cultural and societal context that has become inseparable from stories of the Marvel Universe. "Marvel's 616" (working title) is part of Disney+'s exclusive multi-year production agreement with David Gelb (“Chef’s Table,” “Jiro Dreams of Sushi”), Brian McGinn (“Chef’s Table,” “Amanda Knox”) and Jason Sterman (“13th,” “Five Came Back”) of Supper Club. The series is produced in partnership with Marvel New Media. Executive Produced by Joe Quesada, Stephen Wacker, Shane Rahmani, John Cerilli, Harry Go and Sarah Amos for Marvel and David Gelb, Brian McGinn and Jason Sterman for Supper Club.

Marvel’s Hero Project reveals the remarkable, positive change several young heroes are making in their own communities. These inspiring kids have dedicated their lives to selfless acts of bravery and kindness, and now, Marvel celebrates them as the true Super Heroes they are. “Marvel’s Hero Project” is produced by Marvel New Media in partnership with Maggievision Productions. Executive Produced by Joe Quesada, Stephen Wacker, Shane Rahmani, Liza Wyles and Sarah Amos for Marvel and Maura Mandt and John Hirsch for MaggieVision Productions.

(Re)Connect is a series where in each episode one family is featured with a modern-day, relatable issue that’s driving a wedge between them. Issues range from workaholic parents, overly competitive siblings, technology addiction, or a family secret that has recently been revealed. All of these families have reached a breaking point, and it’s time for them to disconnect from their busy lives, devices and outside influences in order to address their issues head-on. With the help of a specialized expert, each family will go on a unique journey that organically ties to the issues they are facing in order to confront the family’s dilemma head-on. “(Re)Connect” is produced by Milojo Productions and Talos Films. Mark Consuelos, Kelly Ripa, and Albert Bianchini of Milojo Productions, and Julian P. Hobbs and Elli Hakami of Talos Films serve as executive producers.

Rogue Trip is a travel guide to all the places the average tourist is least likely to venture – the roguish, often misunderstood and frequently overlooked corners of the world. This is the family vacation most of us are unlikely to take – but viewers do so vicariously with the intrepid Bob Woodruff and his 27-year old doppelgänger son, Mack. “Rogue Trip” is executive produced by Jeanmarie Condon and Mack and Bob Woodruff for Lincoln Square Productions.

Shop Class (working title) is a competition series that features teams of inventive students who are tasked with designing, building, and testing new contraptions. In each episode, a panel of experts will rate their work based on engineering, design, and the final test of the build. In the last episode, one team will be named Shop Class Champs. John Stevens and Spike Feresten of Hangar 56 Media and Richard Rawlings of Production Monkey are producing.
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Re: More Non-Fiction Series Coming to Disney Plus

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

Sotiris wrote:
Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the Movies (working title) is an anthology series that takes a unique look at beloved films through the props & costumes that made them unique – from the craftspeople who created them, the actors who interacted with them, and the collectors and archives who own and cherish them. The show will be hosted by film historian and collector Dan Lanigan. Among the films featured in the first eight episodes are “Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl,” “Mary Poppins,” “The Muppet Movie,” “Tron,” and “Who Framed Roger Rabbit?” “Cinema Relics” is produced by ABC Studios and executive produced by Jason Henry and Dan Lanigan.
They've acknowledged Who Framed Roger Rabbit, be still my beating heart. ^_^
skippy
Gold Classic Collection

Re: More Non-Fiction Series Coming to Disney Plus

Post by skippy »

Still no announcement of any type of respect for the Anthology series, Zorro, or Mickey Mouse Club...

I'll keep my money to myself until I hear of the inclusion of that stuff...
Where's the rest of Elfego Baca and the Swamp Fox?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney+ is launching this November.
Disney franchises such as "Star Wars" and "High School Musical" will anchor the monthly subscription service, which will launch in November. It aims to take on Netflix in family programming, an area of intense competition among streaming sites.
Source: https://www.wsj.com/articles/to-battle- ... 1554909176
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

Any Original projects from WDAS coming up Jennifer Lee? Yeah, I didn't think so :lol:
Attachments
D36Cr-1U4AEG0lR.jpg
D36Cr-1U4AEG0lR.jpg (47.78 KiB) Viewed 12479 times
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

That picture seems to be of the Signature line. Was there any new information about those films?
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

JeanGreyForever wrote:That picture seems to be of the Signature line. Was there any new information about those films?
Found the pic on Twitter. I don't know if ALL WDAS features will be available.