Frozen: Part V

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Frozen: Part V

Post by Sotiris »

New/additional logo for the franchise.

Source: https://www.amazon.it/stores/page/1DE68 ... 69A6EE5E7/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Jack Whitehall Makes Surprise Cameo in “Frozen: The Broadway Musical” for “The Tonight Show” Bit
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... -show-bit/

D82 wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote:Jack Whitehall *was* supposed to have voiced a Frozen character...
https://youtu.be/uqoM_ohCCCg
(via laughingplace.com)
The character he says he was going to voice still has a similar line in the movie. Maybe they changed the line after he had recorded it and someone else read the new one because they thought it wasn't worth calling him back to record just one line. Though that doesn't match with what he tells about the scene. Either way, it is true that he initially had a part in the film, because he even did a promo for the film.
[/size]

^ That promo was published in December 2013, after the film came out, but they were still advertising that he was in the film??
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^The video was funny.
blackcauldron85 wrote:That promo was published in December 2013, after the film came out, but they were still advertising that he was in the film??
In my opinion, either someone made a mistake in uploading the video or Jack Whitehall is mistaken and the line he recorded is actually in the film after all. It could be true the line was cut at some point, but was added again before the release and Whitehall is not aware of that. He even appears on IMDb as the voice of Gothi, the troll priest. Does the character sound like him? I'm not sure myself.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Fashion Expert Fact Checks Elsa and Anna's Costumes from "Frozen" | Glamour

The comments section says tight-lacing corsets was actually not very common, and some other things wrong, but that most of the video is right!
DisneyFan97
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyFan97 »

Anna is one of my favorite Disney characters of all time. She is so nice and and charmingly socially awkward !

You can't help but like her !

She is the kind person you can't bring yourself to dislike.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I have to admit that I feared the worst for Anna back when it seemed she'd be a Rapunzel clone but she's so much more endearing as a character. I didn't expect to like her at all but she really won me over.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

DisneyFan97 wrote:Anna is one of my favorite Disney characters of all time. She is so nice and and charmingly socially awkward !

You can't help but like her !

She is the kind person you can't bring yourself to dislike.
I'm glad you like Anna, DisneyFan97! In the same movie as Elsa, she was bound to be overlooked, but I've always loved her as much as Elsa, if not more than. I remember most of this board hated her after the first movie's release, which was dispiriting to say the least.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, that video really explained what has been my main gripe with Elsa in the first place. But I've ranted about this various times before, so I won't repeat myself.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Well for Elsa, I would say she is always trying to protect and save people, and she is independent. She does have a personality. A serious one. Since when is being serious not what some real people have as an aspect of their character? Also, Elsa didn't want to tell Anna about her powers because the trolls made Anna forget and I thought not telling her was supposed to keep the spell? Even if that's not the case, so Elsa didn't think of a good way to tell Anna about her powers in secret, oh well. She made a bad choice. The other point to her character is she makes some bad choices and then in the end realizes love and bonding with her sister is the right choice. Also, "Let It Go" is about her finally getting to be free to be herself. The song doesn't send a bad message. Everyone knows she should be with Anna.

EDIT: Also, what the hell, Elsa had an arc just like Anna did! She learned that she should be herself, be with her sister and that love was what controlled her powers!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Curious. I wonder what it is.
Q: Disney sneaks subliminal messages into its movies.

Jennifer Lee: There is one in “Frozen,” and no one has figured it out. It’s a little more buried than subliminal. It’s pretty funny.
Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/07/styl ... rozen.html
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Sotiris wrote:Curious. I wonder what it is.
Q: Disney sneaks subliminal messages into its movies.

Jennifer Lee: There is one in “Frozen,” and no one has figured it out. It’s a little more buried than subliminal. It’s pretty funny.
She's really annoying.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

farerb wrote:
Sotiris wrote:Curious. I wonder what it is.
She's really annoying.
It's only funny for her because she's probably one of the only people on this Earth who knows whatever she's talking about. She's really been very irksome lately and should stay away from public interviews.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

While I was looking for Frozen 2 videos on Youtube, I found this one from the first movie that shows a short test in hand-drawn animation at the beginning. I don't remember having seen it, has it been posted before?

UPDATE: I found out that animation test was made by Randy Haycock. Here are links to the one I posted in better quality and to two more: https://randyhaycock.tumblr.com/post/10 ... ozen-tests
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I really want to listen to Elsa's villain song. :(
Q: So let me ask, do you remember how many songs you actually wrote for Frozen 2, or for Frozen 1 and for Frozen 2, and that have never really been released or seen the light of day?

Kristen Anderson-Lopez: We have calculated this. There’s seven songs that will never see the light of day that we wrote for Frozen 2 and seven songs [that made it] in the movie, which is a better batting average than we had for Frozen 1. That’s what allows us to sleep at night. Because for Frozen 1 there were like 20 songs

Bobby Lopez: We were trying to find the characters. We wrote a whole Elsa villain song for that one. I mean, when she was a villain…it was a lot of exploratory finding. It’d be story beating through writing songs, which is not the easiest way to do it.
Source: https://collider.com/frozen-2-outtake-s ... ten-lopez/
Disney's Divinity

Only if Bette’s singing it. :wink:

I wonder what a villain song would sound like written by the Lopezes. This is why I wish they’d get another project aside from a Frozen sequel already. But, then, Disney doesn’t really do villains anymore, so I guess there’s no hope even with a new project.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I find surprising that having only worked on Wreck-It Ralph, she had the luxury of turning down the position.
With the release of Frozen, a retelling of the Snow Queen fairy tale, Lee became the first female director of a feature film at Walt Disney Animation Studios and the first of her gender to helm a feature that grossed more than $1 billion at the worldwide box office.

“I was initially asked to join as a writer and said ‘no’ because I had seen a rough cut of a different version and didn’t see a story in it. But then I spent a week with Chris Buck, Robert Lopez, Kristen Anderson-Lopez and some other directors to brainstorm a new version, and by the end of it I was madly in love.”
Source: https://www.vfxvoice.com/jennifer-lee-c ... agination/
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Josh Gad participated in an early reading of “Frozen” when it was called “Anna and the Snow Queen” with Jason Biggs, Megan Mullaly and Ginnifer Goodwin. Even so, he still had to audition to play Olaf in the movie. His audition song? “You’ve Got a Friend in Me.”
Source: https://variety.com/2019/film/news/froz ... 203411027/
Disney's Divinity

I'd love Megan Mullally to star in a Disney film at some point.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Well, this is...interesting. :o Josh Gad was featured in the SNL sketch "Let Kids Drink" last night and actually sang the song as Olaf, even down to a fake animation of Olaf singing. I personally found it funny (Love that people are taking a sketch seriously), but I don't think Disney will. I can’t imagine that Disney gave SNL permission to do that. This could even damage Josh's career with Disney. If you don't see him at the sing-along tonight, I think we know why.

https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1259330638160842753