Ralph Breaks the Internet

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Ralph Breaks the Internet

Post by Sotiris »

farerb wrote:Actually it was not a joke, there has been a photo online that shows on the back of the sign instructions to put it only if the film wins.
Could you post the photo? I wasn't able to find it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Lol, if that is true, Disney is clearly very desperate, not to mention delusional for thinking this film would win. If the first film didn't win, then this poor excuse of a sequel never had a chance.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Do all the movie studios print those cards, and once the awards are done, the store puts up the winner's?
It must be that. I think they probably do it for all the nominated films no matter how big their chances of winning are, just to be prepared. After all, there can always be surprises.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The featurette about Yesss features a pencil test of the character. She looks so much better in 2D and the effect of her transformations looks more magical. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M39OCs18X4
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^Thanks!
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

They're actually considering a Wrecked Princesses movie. :huh:
Ralph Breaks the Internet directors Rich Moore and Phil Johnston believe the potential of a Disney Princess crossover spinoff movie is “an idea worth exploring.”

“It has definitely had an interesting response not just here in the States, but everywhere we’ve gone in the world promoting the movie. When you’re in Stockholm and they’re saying like, ‘Have you considered doing a movie just about the Princesses?’ I think it’s an idea worth exploring, because everywhere we go, we hear that response. ’Oh my God, I love the Princesses like that,’” co-director Rich Moore told The A.V. Club.

“Not just the scene with them meeting Vanellope and talking about what it means to be a princess, but then to see them in action at the end, it does feel like there’s something to that — that people are finally seeing the Princesses do what you’ve always believed they could do, but you’ve never seen it before.”

“Fans are very interested in that idea,” added co-director Phil Johnston.
Source: https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/03/02 ... exploring/
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

This concept is so Disneytoons. It really cheapens the characters.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

I won't mind if they make a WP film. I doubt it's going to harm the perception of the original films/characters any more than the Disney Princess line already has.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Speaking of the princesses scene, should we be considered lucky whatever original version there was wasn’t in the final cut? Because I heard the princesses were much ruder in that version.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

DisneyJedi wrote:Speaking of the princesses scene, should we be considered lucky whatever original version there was wasn’t in the final cut? Because I heard the princesses were much ruder in that version.
Some people on this forum saw the full version and they said that we would appreciate the new cut because most of the patronizing aspects of the scene were cut. Personally, I still felt the final scene was demeaning enough as it was, so I'm not sure I would have been able to bear a rabid Meeko, a Jasmine allergic to cats, and Cinderella and Aurora mocking C-3PO.
ImageImage
DisneyJedi
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyJedi »

Not to mention they almost had a moment or two where they’d tell Ariel to shut up every time she sang. That would’ve been mean. :(
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

DisneyJedi wrote:Not to mention they almost had a moment or two where they’d tell Ariel to shut up every time she sang. That would’ve been mean. :(
Oh wow. That wouldn't have meshed very well anyway with the princesses all telling Vanellope to sing right after. I'm surprised Disney didn't have them tell Snow White to shut up. If I'm correct, her bit featured her wearing glasses. I'm still not sure about the deeper meaning behind that.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I doubt it's going to harm the perception of the original films/characters any more than the Disney Princess line already has.
That's true. If they end up doing it, I hope that at least it isn't a DAC film.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

A whole film where the princesses who are supposed to be from different time periods interracting with each other and doing things they would never do could indeed hurt the original characters more than the Disney Princess line of merchandise has.
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney Duster wrote:A whole film where the princesses who are supposed to be from different time periods interracting with each other and doing things they would never do could indeed hurt the original characters more than the Disney Princess line of merchandise has.
But if the WP movie still has the Oh My Disney avatars of the princesses... The average person might not understand that it's supposed to be their online avatars and not the real princesses, but that's how they would handle the time period issue. Or have it set at a Disney theme park.

Just curious how those of you opposed to the Wrecked Princesses feel about the princesses/other characters interacting at the Disney Patks, or is that okay because they "act like themselves?"
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

D82 wrote: That's true. If they end up doing it, I hope that at least it isn't a DAC film.
It probably would be, unfortunately. Of course, that designation's already been watered down, imo, because of things like Chicken Little, The Wild, Big Hero 6, WIR. I think they'd at least try to make the first film work as a theatrical feature. If that failed, then anything else they made would probably become DTV or streaming content.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

blackcauldron85 wrote: Just curious how those of you opposed to the Wrecked Princesses feel about the princesses/other characters interacting at the Disney Patks, or is that okay because they "act like themselves?"
While the princesses interact in the Parks, so do all the other characters and even then, it's really just in shows and parades unless you happen to meet several princesses at once during meet-and-greets. Which, I think, is rarer now except maybe in Disneyland. The way the characters function is different there though especially since only face characters can speak and characters like Elsa or Genie are limited by the fact that they don't have magic. Meanwhile characters like Beast and Rapunzel don't reflect the end of their films. You also won't find any nonsense like a rabid Meeko, a rude princess, or a classic princess being treated like a joke. The integrity of the characters is still there.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:
D82 wrote: That's true. If they end up doing it, I hope that at least it isn't a DAC film.
It probably would be, unfortunately. Of course, that designation's already been watered down, imo, because of things like Chicken Little, The Wild, Big Hero 6, WIR. I think they'd at least try to make the first film work as a theatrical feature. If that failed, then anything else they made would probably become DTV or streaming content.
I know the designation has already been watered down, but I still wouldn't like the film to be in the same category as the movies from the real princesses. But now that DisneyToon Studios is closed, I don't know how they could produce it as a DTV film. In my opinion, if they're going to do something with this, the best thing they could make is a TV series.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

blackcauldron85 wrote:But if the WP movie still has the Oh My Disney avatars of the princesses... The average person might not understand that it's supposed to be their online avatars and not the real princesses, but that's how they would handle the time period issue. Or have it set at a Disney theme park.

Just curious how those of you opposed to the Wrecked Princesses feel about the princesses/other characters interacting at the Disney Patks, or is that okay because they "act like themselves?"
True, they are the avatars, but just like you said the general publc may not know that, the general public would also not get how the princesses are really supposed to be if they did them like the Wrecked Princesses.

As for the characters in the parks, they haven't acted out of character to me yet there, and I can just believe magic made them all come from different time periods to the parks. Magic could be how the Wrecked Princesses get together if it were not for the fact that is not what the Wrecked Princesses are supposed to be, but rather avatars of all main female successful Disney movie heroines on the internet.