Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Re: Frozen 2

Post by REINIER »

Really digging the teaser...The roman numeral not so much...since we all know Disney will milk this for all it's worth...or beyond ..(looking @you ToyStory4) I hate to see Frozen lll or Frozen IV as a title
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

Well that was simlply amazing! :o
Im surprised how quickly this came...I wonder if they intended to release this a little later but put it out now to offset the negative reaction to the Aladdin trailer. Im not surprised they are going with a totally different direction for the teaser then the first film. They know the family with girls audience will show up but they really need to impress those more indifferent or just plain tired of the franchise or those that have dismissed it as "little girls" fare, and more funny Olaf hi-jinks wont cut it this time line.
Kyle
Platinum Edition

Post by Kyle »

Pleasantly surprised to see a proper teaser for once. We just don't get them like this anymore. Like, that was better than all the toy story 4 teasers combined, even without dialogue.
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

unprincess wrote:Well that was simlply amazing! :o
Im surprised how quickly this came...I wonder if they intended to release this a little later but put it out now to offset the negative reaction to the Aladdin trailer. Im not surprised they are going with a totally different direction for the teaser then the first film. They know the family with girls audience will show up but they really need to impress those more indifferent or just plain tired of the franchise or those that have dismissed it as "little girls" fare, and more funny Olaf hi-jinks wont cut it this time line.
I definitely think this is in response to the Aladdin trailer backlash. Oddly enough, this is the exact kind of trailer Aladdin should’ve had. And nothing like I’d have expected from Frozen.

I’m hoping Disney sees that people respond to this more serious tone. There’s no reason family movies have to be for kids. They can be for everyone. And man oh man should this appeal to everyone. It’s a stunning trailer, and I really hope it’s a signal of what’s to come in the future from Disney now that Lasseter is gone.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

Hmm. Interesting.

The "Frozen 2" Trailer And Poster Have Some Mysterious Symbols And It'll Make You Say, "What Does This Mean?!"
https://www.buzzfeed.com/crystalro/froz ... en-symbols
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I don't think their meaning is seasons, I think it's the four elements: water, earth, fire and wind. We saw each of them in the teaser too.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I am super impressed by this teaser. Got me loving Frozen again and I'm thrilled by how epic and dark it looks compared to the first, although as some people have stated, that might just be for the trailer's sake and the final movie might be filled with more levity. Still, Disney has my attention and this has definitely done damage control for the lackluster Aladdin.
Warm Regards wrote: Also love how both women have their hair down -- we can actually appreciate the hair textures that Disney loves CGI for! (Half kidding, but I still think both look better with loose hair.)
Same. It was nice to see Elsa in something besides that braid too. The ponytail suited her even more imo and I hope we see more of it (plus a scene or two with her hair completely down).
Sotiris wrote: No, it looks like a new character. Could she be a young Iduna in a flashback sequence? There's a also a new male character. I would say he might be a young Agnarr but he's too blond for it to be him.
Wasn't Agnarr blond? Maybe not that exact shade but it's common for blonde-headed children to have their hair darken as they get older.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
DisneyFan09
Platinum Edition

Post by DisneyFan09 »

Well, since the majority seems to like the teaser; Count me in as one of them ;) I liked the fact that it was action-oriented and wasn't just a Pixar-esque teaser that showed a part that wasn't even in the movie. For some reason the epic vibe and the coloring of the outfits gave me a Narnia-esque vibe, as well as a Brave-vibe. I also find it remarkable that our royal sisters are having variations of their hairs and even wears pants below their dresses.

And yes, the seasonal/elemental components were pretty much evident in this trailer, so I was immediatly thinking of Moana at the beginning of the trailer. And yes, the leaves are reminiscent of Pocahontas, but it ain't a bad thing at all :)
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

And this is the trailer we should have gotten for the first one. O.M.G. :o :o :o
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

So I took a look at the trailer, and like a lot of you guys, I was surprised by the sudden release and the fantastic quality of the teaser. The setting and sceneries of what we've seen so far are atmospheric. That atmospheric quality is what makes a landmark Disney film. The complaints about it being "dark" are over the top. People are reacting to the teaser like it's a Zac Snyder DC film. Elsa hasn't even killed someone yet.

The other characters seem quite young. It could be a flashback scene, but I will say that the brunette girl's build and body type doesn't seem to match an Evan Rachel Wood voice. At the same time, I would have never imagined Elsa to look very pixie/ elvish like judging by Idina Menzel's voice alone.

There's this one snippet around the 1:24 mark that shows Elsa putting out a purple, heart-shaped ring of fire. Considering that a valentine heart can be a tacky, cliche motif, I have a feeling that cheesy scene in which Olaf falls in love with a new character. I highly doubt that a love-interest for Elsa would create a fire ring heart. It's a very inconvenient way to show affection, and it doesn't convey romance at an authentic emotional intensity.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

disneyprincess11 wrote:And this is the trailer we should have gotten for the first one. O.M.G. :o :o :o
Lol, that's what I've been thinking. I'm reading some complaints online that Olaf is barely in the teaser and it made me realize how far we've come since the original film's teaser where all we got was Olaf lol.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

who's complaining about it being too dark? It looks no darker than the Train Your Dragon films. :?
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Candy-Bonita95 wrote:There's this one snippet around the 1:24 mark that shows Elsa putting out a purple, heart-shaped ring of fire. Considering that a valentine heart can be a tacky, cliche motif, I have a feeling that cheesy scene in which Olaf falls in love with a new character. I highly doubt that a love-interest for Elsa would create a fire ring heart. It's a very inconvenient way to show affection, and it doesn't convey romance at an authentic emotional intensity.
Actually, I just took a closer look. Olaf looks terrified and Elsa looks serious. I'm guessing this is a musical number done by the villain to taunt / seduce Elsa. It would be cool for Olaf to interact with the villain.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

farerb wrote:I don't think their meaning is seasons, I think it's the four elements: water, earth, fire and wind. We saw each of them in the teaser too.
That sounds more likely. After all, we only see one season in the teaser; but all the elements, as you said. If that's true, maybe Elsa not only has the power of freezing/thawing things but also of controlling water, and she just hasn't discovered all her powers yet. Perhaps what she's doing at the beginning of the teaser is testing her newly discovered powers. That could also mean that there are other characters who control the rest of elements. We definitely see someone controlling wind in the shot with the leaves, and it seems someone is creating fire in the shot where Elsa and Olaf appear. And I think that article is right about the pattern on Anna's dress being one of the symbols. Maybe she as powers too. The power of earth, perhaps? We'll see. It's too early to make assumptions, but it's clear that these symbols must be important to the story.

Sotiris wrote:I think they're going on a road trip to discover what are those peculiar snowflakes that have appeared in the palace and it's somehow connected to Elsa, the Hidden Folk, and their kingdom's history (which kind of reminds me of the plot for Tangled: The Series).
Yes, it looks quite reminiscent of the plot for Tangled: The Series. It looks intriguing, though.
Last edited by D82 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DisneyEra
Anniversary Edition

Post by DisneyEra »

We can clearly see how serious WDAS is with Frozen 2. With Ralph breaks the Internet, that was a stress-free film, lots of laughs, a big joke. But with this, the joke's over! Unlike the original's first official teaser, they got nothing to hide this time. Time to get serious folks 8)
Attachments
Screenshot (1914).png
Screenshot (1914).png (250.51 KiB) Viewed 4217 times
rodrigo_ca
Special Edition

Post by rodrigo_ca »

does the trailer looks like it has scenes from the movie or it's made just for the trailer, like the first teaser for the first movie?

I'm inclined to just skip this if it's the first case. Mickey knows how many trailer for Frozen I saw and how disappointed I still am
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

rodrigo_ca wrote:does the trailer looks like it has scenes from the movie or it's made just for the trailer, like the first teaser for the first movie?
It looks like the footage is from the movie.

DisneyEra wrote:Unlike the original's first official teaser, they got nothing to hide this time. Time to get serious folks 8)
Yeah, it's curious how things have changed. Both teasers couldn't be more different from one another.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I'm pretty sure the last shot of Anna taking a sword and cutting someone to black screen is a dramatic teaser only shot. At least I hope it is because Anna looks OOC doing that, she was OOC pretty much the entire teaser.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

What an amazing teaser. Anna is awesome doing all that she is to cross the ocean for whatever reason. The pants are anachronistic and a crappy attempt at feminism but not too distracting. The movie looks beyond great so far.

Sotiris, you are right, that opening shot looked like live-action! And so did the shot of just the waves on the beach!
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I wonder if this truly is the first look at what WDAS are becoming / going back to, now that Lasseter is gone ? Or is that a bit of a reach ?

Feels like how Disney trailers used to be, in the 90's.