Once Upon a Time (ABC TV Series)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: Once Upon a Time (ABC TV Series)

Post by Disney Duster »

I think it makes sense because the last season wrapped everything up. You're going to watch the whole series, so there it is, the image of the end.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Who's your favorite character?:
Regina!

What's your favorite episode?:
"Sisters", when Cora brings back the memories to Regina and Zelena and goes to heaven. Second favorite is "The Other Shoe", the one with Cinderella at the ball obviously.

What's your favorite moment?:
When Regina finds out Snow White told her secret and she snaps!
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Even Season 3A was criticized a lot. People weren't fond of how OUAT made another familial connection with Rumple and Peter and complained that the entire season was just the main cast going through the jungle episode after episode. The supporting characters like Wendy, the Darlings, and even Ursula (the real Ursula) were wasted. I think people appreciated Neal's death the most since he wasn't popular at all. That and I guess Rumple's sacrifice but no one was surprised when he was brought back right after.

As for Season 3B, it introduced Zelena who was one of my favs even if another familial plot twist had gotten incredibly stale by that point. However, Snow's baby was a pointless arc and Robin was brought into the fold which makes this the biggest waste lol.
I get what you're saying about 3A, but I felt they had a better job with the characters there before they started with the villains apologia and revolve everything and everyone around Regina and Hook.

I didn't like when they killed Neal off just so people could live vicariously through Emma and Hook. Neal had a potential as a character, they had a potential to make an interesting relationships between him and Rumple, Henry and Emma, and they just threw everything to the garage.

I liked Zelena at first, even though I thought 3B was a mess (less than seasons 5-6). But then it was too much of a good thing and they just ruined her, the plotline with Robin's baby...ugh not a fan.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

farerb wrote: I get what you're saying about 3A, but I felt they had a better job with the characters there before they started with the villains apologia and revolve everything and everyone around Regina and Hook.

I didn't like when they killed Neal off just so people could live vicariously through Emma and Hook. Neal had a potential as a character, they had a potential to make an interesting relationships between him and Rumple, Henry and Emma, and they just threw everything to the garage.

I liked Zelena at first, even though I thought 3B was a mess (less than seasons 5-6). But then it was too much of a good thing and they just ruined her, the plotline with Robin's baby...ugh not a fan.
I never thought OUAT would actually kill off Neal to make way for Hook, but I underestimated the power of shippers.

I forgot about that ridiculous story with Robin. In fact, every thing to do with that character was a waste except for his death scene lol.

Baby Neal was a joke as well. And Season 3 is around the time that I lost interest in Snow's character since it was becoming increasingly clear that the writers had no idea what to do with her and David. They tried to remedy that in Season 5B, when she reclaimed her Snow White identity over Mary Margaret, but unfortunately that didn't lead to anything interesting for her.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I didn't like Neal and am glad Emma ended up with Hook.

I forget, who was Baby Neal?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Lol, Baby Neal was Snow and David's child. The one they had after the Neverland arc which Zelena tried to sacrifice for her time-traveling spell (and somehow although she failed to kill the child, the spell still ended up working).
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh, it was their baby. I remember now, thank you. Wanna post your favorite character, episode, and moment like I did a few posts above?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Sure.

Who's your favorite character?:
Zelena, followed by Cora. I used to like Regina but I became tired of her towards the middle/end of the series. She seemed to demand a happy ending despite never having done anything to amend for her actions, besides claiming that she had reformed.

What's your favorite episode?:
I can't really think of a favorite episode but I always loved the Season 1 Finale. When Emma finally realizes magic is real, kisses Henry away after defeating Maleficent, and all the characters get their memories back and Snow and David are reunited. This was the show at its peak.

What's your favorite moment?:
I have a few that I was debating over picking, such as anything with Ariel, Zelena, or Snow White, but I ended up realizing one. As a fan of the Emma-Hook pairing, I loved the end of Season 5B when Hook is dead and Emma uses her parents' signature line to promise that she will find him as she and her family ascend into the Underworld. My other fav moment would be Robin being killed and his soul literally being zapped out of existence lol.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oooh, glad you did it! I like Zelena a lot too! A lit of people here love her and must be lots of people everywhere too, since she stayed and was involved to the end. Cora's so mean I don't like her, but with my favorite moment being her redemption she must be liked by me a little. Season 1 was one of the best seasons except also to me the best were 2b (Neverland?) and the Black Swan season and season 6. I think my third favorite episode is the musical episode. Ha your second favorite moment is when a character you hate got obliterated lol. Such hate! I thought he was so cute I couldn't hate him, but I can't even remember much stuff that he actually did other than be a love interest for Regina. Glad his soul got revived. Hey, maybe he could reform? Lol
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I was glad Robin left. I thought the actor wasn't that good and he had no chemistry with Regina like the othwr couples on the show (with the exception of Snow and David). I think these writers just don't know how to write relationships. Too bad Hook didn't follow Robin.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Very sad news: Gabe Khouth (Sneezy) was killed in a motorcycle accident. :(

https://canoe.com/entertainment/celebri ... e-accident
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

That's horrible. I think I only have a vague memory of what he looked like from the Hans/Gretel episode. RIP and prayers to his family / friends.
farerb wrote:I was glad Robin left. I thought the actor wasn't that good and he had no chemistry with Regina like the othwr couples on the show (with the exception of Snow and David). I think these writers just don't know how to write relationships. Too bad Hook didn't follow Robin.
I agree about Robin. I never liked him; I wonder if the romance would've worked out better if they'd kept the original actor. The only interesting thing that came out of Robin's existence was the Zelena-as-Marian reveal--loved that. The funny thing about Hook is I remember that he seemed to be getting setup to be Regina's love interest early on. I still hated that the Untold Stories thing at the beginning of season 6 was aborted, because Hyde would've made a good love interest for Regina, imo. The actor was really good, too.

As for relationships, I did like Hook and Emma, personally (although I didn't mind the fandom obsession with Swann Queen either), and I hated Neal, in large part of the actor. I did love Hades and Zelena. I always hoped Hades might return somehow, redeem himself in some way, and they would live HEA. I guess I can get my fix from fanfiction. :lol: Snow and David were okay. I never really liked Charming, although the actor was attractive. Rumbelle was HORRIBLE and never-ending. Just thinking about it again makes me want to puke. The thing is it wasn't so bad until the end of 5A, when Rumpel took the Dark One powers back. I felt like they were doing an okay job with Rumbelle before that--even in spite of Belle's terrible actress.

Overall, I still have a fondness for this series and its characters, even if it went out with whimper and it had its ups and downs. I don't think they did a good job ending Regina's and Rumpel's stories at all. Season 6 was horrible other than a couple of episodes (including the musical ep, Hyde's backstory ep, and the finale), which I still attribute to meddling from ABC, and I have never watched season 7 even after all this time. I wanted to tune out as soon as Morrison left, but would've kept going if they hadn't cut Zelena. They brought her back later on in S7, but by then it was too little too late for me to start watching again. Season 6's finale will always be the end of the series for me.

I do miss watching several of the actors weekly and the chemistry of the cast as a whole. I loved most of their villains on this show: Regina and Rumpel (although they had peaks and valleys like everything else with this show), Ingrid, Cruella, Zelena, Pan, the spin-off's Jafar, Cora, Dark Swan, even Hades and Arthur were pretty good even if I'd put them below the others.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I didn't watch season 7 as well and to be honest I hated the show after season 3 or 4 and even got bored with it.
I get people not liking Neal, but I did feel like this Emma and Neal was the intended relationship, it fits most with the themes of the show, well at least the themes of seasons 1-3A, before it became a ship fan pandering show and a Disney Halloween party. To me episode 3x11 will always serve as the perfect finale with everything coming full circle: Emma's happy ending was always about Henry, not Hook. Them leaving together felt the organic thing to do while everyone else returns to be fairytale characters, Rumple redeemed by sacrificing himself, Regina undoing the curse while letting go of Henry to give him his best chance and happy ending aren't always what they seemed. It's bittersweet and beautiful.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

farerb wrote: I get people not liking Neal, but I did feel like this Emma and Neal was the intended relationship, it fits most with the themes of the show, well at least the themes of seasons 1-3A, before it became a ship fan pandering show and a Disney Halloween party.
That's a perfect description, too. :lol:

3A's ending always did feel like a series ending. I remember most of the viewers thought so at the time, too.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

It's true, that ending with Emma choosing to keep Henry felt like a series finale!

I always thought it was strange, too, how there were two realities where Emma raised him and Regina raised him, but he considered Regina his mom.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Jennifer Lee said the sequel's creative team didn't watch the Frozen arc on the show and confirmed it's not canon.
The confirmation of Once Upon a Time’s events not being canon came from Jennifer Lee, the writer and director of Frozen 2. During a Q&A session at an early press day for the film at Walt Disney Animation Studios she was asked about the events of the show in relation to the movie, and responded:

“No, that’s not canon. We didn’t see it. So I kinda made a point of certain things not to see so it wouldn’t affect us that way. Frozen 1 and Frozen 2 to me are one complete story and that’s really where we stay. So glad they had fun with that. I think they had a lot of fun with the characters.”
Source: https://screenrant.com/frozen-2-once-up ... not-canon/
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

"I hope these talentless hacks enjoyed playing with MY characters in their crappy fanfic" is what I read between the lines.
Last edited by Farerb on Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

Also weird that she didn't mention the short films as canon, but I guess we can count them.

The Lego film while being voiced by the same actors, is more of a parody so I don't consider it canon.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Storytime with Colin O'Donoghue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFNXGtLqpOA