What's New at DisneyLand?

All topics relating to Disney theme parks, resorts, and cruises.
blackcauldron85
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: What's New at DisneyLand?

Post by blackcauldron85 »

EVERYTHING WE KNOW ABOUT THE NEW HOTEL COMING TO DISNEYLAND RESORT IN 2021
https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2017/10/25 ... t-in-2021/

Disneyland Confirms Holiday Overlays for Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree and Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
http://www.wdwinfo.com/news-stories/dis ... -roadsters
blackcauldron85

Disneyland starts new hars ticket event – Disneyland after Dark
 http://thedisneyblog.com/2017/11/16/dis ... land-dark/
blackcauldron85

Imagineers share more details for Incredicoaster for Pixar Pier at Disney California Adventure
http://thedisneyblog.com/2017/12/16/ima ... adventure/
blackcauldron85

Disneyland Details Upcoming Dumbo and Main Street Refurbishments
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... bishments/
blackcauldron85

Rumor: Mickey’s Runaway Railway Ride Coming to Disneyland
https://www.slashfilm.com/mickey-and-mi ... isneyland/
Disney is expected to announce the ride’s second location in Mickey’s Toontown, which could suggest a bright future for an area of the park that was presumed to not be long for this world. Perhaps Disney Parks is intent on preserving Toontown, especially anchored around a shiny new immersive ride piloted by Mickey Mouse...

...Plus, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is set to open right next to Toontown, and this new ride could be very useful in managing the crowds rushing to enter that new area.
----------------
Marvel Land Ride Details Revealed For Disney California Adventure
https://www.slashfilm.com/disney-marvel-land-rides/
The offerings include a Spider-Man interactive screen ride, a Doctor Strange stage show, an Avengers roller coaster dark ride and more.
blackcauldron85

Disney California Adventure Testing “Moving Buddy” Line for Toy Story Midway Mania
https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... way-mania/
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

They said on the news that ticket prices were going up to curb crowds at the parks because of the Star Wars section opening soon. I heard a sad story on Laughingplace about a couple that used to go to Disneyland when their kids were younger but can't anymore because they got priced out. If they don't want big crowds then they should not have put soo much franchise stuff in like Toy Story , Star Wars , Indiana Jones ,etc that is what is causing the crowds ,but they won't do that do too corporate greed.

It's like the lawyer said in Jurassic Park. "We can charge anything we want $15,000 a head and people will pay."
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

I found an interesting rumor from Screamscape pertaining to a rumor of a copy of Tokyo's Beauty and the Beast ride coming to Disneyland, although they were (intentionally or not) vague on the source:

Space in Fantasyland is very limited and to put in a new dark ride of this scale will mean the removal of existing attractions… and often the choice comes down to removing the ones with the smallest lines. In this case, I’m hearing that Pinocchio’s Daring Journey and Snow White’s Scary Adventure may both be on the chopping block to make room. The two inhabit the same large structure on the west side of Fantasyland, and the alternative would be to remove the three classic dark rides on the east side instead: Peter Pan’s Flight, Mr Toad’s Wild Ride and Alice in Wonderland. Unfortunately Pinocchio and Snow White probably have shorter lines mainly because they are much higher capacity attractions, as Peter Pan and Mr. Toad vehicles only fit two riders.

This is all just a rumor, and we may or may not find out more in August (that's when they have D23), but I really hope this is not true, for several reasons. These rides are the heart and soul of Disneyland for me. I always go on these rides when I visit, because I love them. Not only that, but from what I've heard, I thought this was going to be exclusive to Tokyo, given the Oriental Land Compay's exclusivity contract. Furthermore, the size of the Tokyo ride, I'm told, is about 80,000 square feet, whereas the Pinocchio/Snow White space combined equals only 30,000 square feet (37,500 if you also take over the restaurant at one end and the Princess Boutique at the other, as well as backstage and open ground behind it). It just isn't physically possible.

In any case, this is all just a rumor, but if it is coming, I think it should be going in the Motor Boat Cruise area (which may or may not have space for it), not in the castle courtyard, where there is just too little space and, more importantly, is home to classic rides besides.

Like I said, there may or may not be more information at the upcoming D23 in August.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I was excited to hear this until I read the whole thing. I've been dying for the Tokyo BATB ride to come to the U.S., particularly Disneyland, since that's my fav park, but I don't want it at the expense of the Snow White and Pinocchio rides. What I love about Disneyland is the focus on the classics, unlike WDW, and removing either one of these would tarnish that reputation. Especially, since most of the other Disney Parks don't even feature these two rides anymore and there was already a hullabaloo about getting rid of Snow White's Scary Adventures at WDW. The fact that the BATB one wouldn't fit in the space of the Snow White and Pinocchio rides makes me hope that this is just an unsubstantiated rumor.

And if they have to get rid of anything in Fantasyland, can't it be that ridiculous fantasy theater with the skits about the Disney movies? I feel like they aren't popular at all and could easily be done away with.

In the meanwhile, I wish Disneyland would also think about updating their Winnie the Pooh ride to be more like the Tokyo one. I think an update to The Little Mermaid ride to be more like the Tokyo BATB one would be great as well, and maybe even an Aladdin dark ride in that style. I actually like Toontown, but if anything had to go, I feel that would be the best choice, especially because all that space could be used for potential Fantasyland expansions (I still want to see the Mary Poppins dark ride that was planned way back). I just hope they'd keep the Roger Rabbit ride though.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
JTurner
Gold Classic Collection

Post by JTurner »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I was excited to hear this until I read the whole thing. I've been dying for the Tokyo BATB ride to come to the U.S., particularly Disneyland, since that's my fav park, but I don't want it at the expense of the Snow White and Pinocchio rides. What I love about Disneyland is the focus on the classics, unlike WDW, and removing either one of these would tarnish that reputation. Especially, since most of the other Disney Parks don't even feature these two rides anymore and there was already a hullabaloo about getting rid of Snow White's Scary Adventures at WDW. The fact that the BATB one wouldn't fit in the space of the Snow White and Pinocchio rides makes me hope that this is just an unsubstantiated rumor.

And if they have to get rid of anything in Fantasyland, can't it be that ridiculous fantasy theater with the skits about the Disney movies? I feel like they aren't popular at all and could easily be done away with.

In the meanwhile, I wish Disneyland would also think about updating their Winnie the Pooh ride to be more like the Tokyo one. I think an update to The Little Mermaid ride to be more like the Tokyo BATB one would be great as well, and maybe even an Aladdin dark ride in that style. I actually like Toontown, but if anything had to go, I feel that would be the best choice, especially because all that space could be used for potential Fantasyland expansions (I still want to see the Mary Poppins dark ride that was planned way back). I just hope they'd keep the Roger Rabbit ride though.
Oh yeah, if they scrap Snow White and Pinocchio's rides, I'll be VERY upset about that. Both of those rides are classics.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Gosh that would be a HUGE shame if they got rid of ANY of those rides ! Is there literally no room in Fantasyland at all ? I tried looking on a map, but it's only fancy theme park maps rather than actual show buildings etc.
blackcauldron85

I love, love, love this new character, Shelley Marie!!!

Meet Shelley Marie – Disney’s New “Anti-Princess”
https://mickeyblog.com/2019/08/08/meet- ... -princess/

Disney Unveils Anti-Princess Character Influenced by Addams Family, Burton
https://www.cbr.com/disney-villainous-shelley-marie/
blackcauldron85

The Marvel Land at Disney California Adventure is Called Avengers Campus – Check Out New Concept Art, Models and More [D23]
https://www.slashfilm.com/disney-marvel ... uncements/
blackcauldron85

I'm watching a live-stream of D23 and will keep updating w/ posts.

All-new parade: Magic Happens, Moana, Coco, Sleeping Beauty, Mickey & the gang, & more. New score, new song with Todrick Hall working on it! Coming this fall! Sneak Peak: Jordan Fisher is performing the new song ("Magic Happens").
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

In the concept art featuring the Sleeping Beauty float, it looks like Aurora’s dress may switch colors between pink and blue...
Big Disney Fan
Platinum Edition

Post by Big Disney Fan »

I can't believe it hasn't been mentioned until just now: not only is Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway coming to Mickey's Toontown (in 2022), but they've even provided all-new concept art for it!

Here's a shot of what the exterior will look like:

And here's an interior shot of what part of the queue will be like:

Here's a description from the Disney Parks Blog: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/ ... d-studios/.

From the way the exterior looks, I'd say it's going in where the Toontown City Hall is now.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I'm surprised nobody posted this yet.

https://ew.com/movies/2019/11/28/disney ... ew-scenes/
Disney reveals major changes coming to classic Snow White ride - the beloved Disneyland attraction will get new scenes, music, and more in 2020
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
blackcauldron85

Disneyland Resort temporarily closing due to coronavirus:

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/n ... s-outbreak
UmbrellaFish
Signature Collection

Post by UmbrellaFish »

It’s the right decision. Worried for all my friends in Orlando. If Orlando closes, what are they going to do about all the kids down there on the College Program? Especially the international students? Not to mention all the FT and PT cast-members who may go weeks without working...
blackcauldron85

Yeah, I wonder about that, too. I live about an hour + 15 minutes from WDW; we already have had people with coronavirus in my county, so I wouldn't be surprised if WDW closes, what with the spread and all the other places with bans on large gatherings... I worry about all the people who can't pay their bills. My company hasn't told us what'll happen; luckily my husband's is letting them work from home starting tomorrow...