The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by Disney Duster »

I agree Snow White's Signature cover was bad, mainly for re-using old art. But also I hate the white backgrounds. Pikachufan1336, did you mean Sleeping Beauty? I would rather Cinderella come out for it's 70th anniversary, but only if they have the correct restoration ready by then. No rushing.
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

Disney Duster wrote: Pikachufan1336, did you mean Sleeping Beauty? I would rather Cinderella come out for it's 70th anniversary, but only if they have the correct restoration ready by then. No rushing.
No I meant The 400 Blows. LoL rotfl
Yes I meant Sleeping Beauty. It has to come out next year, since Disney was so eager to do The Little Mermaid's anniversary so much that they release it before Fantasia and Cinderella...point being, I'm seeing a theme here.....

But yea I would love to have Cinderella and Fantasia before the others though.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

blackcauldron85 wrote:101D came in the mail. Here's the back cover
Does anywhere on the back cover or on the Disney Movie Club/Disney Movie Rewards websites mention the exact release date for it?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

So pikachufan1336, you would like to see every princess film get it's anniversary release?
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Sotiris wrote:
blackcauldron85 wrote:101D came in the mail. Here's the back cover
Does anywhere on the back cover or on the Disney Movie Club/Disney Movie Rewards websites mention the exact release date for it?
November 6th.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

stevemcqueen wrote:November 6th.
Thanks! Do you also happen to know the release date for the reissue of Mickey's Christmas Carol?
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

Disney Duster wrote:So pikachufan1336, you would like to see every princess film get it's anniversary release?
No I mean that it seems that that is when they are releasing these things, I think they're using it as an excuse.
Again I only say that because it's happened so often in this line up, and why were getting The Little Mermaid before Cinderella.
But then again I might be overthinking it.
stevemcqueen
Gold Classic Collection

Post by stevemcqueen »

Sotiris wrote:
stevemcqueen wrote:November 6th.
Thanks! Do you also happen to know the release date for the reissue of Mickey's Christmas Carol?
No not for that one :(
Must be either November 6th or the 13th, but have no idea which one...

With DMC exclusives, the date they're made available to order on the website is seen as the release date. Maybe someone with an active DMC account can help out?
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

The DMC website isn't showing release dates for either title. Mickey's Christmas Carol doesn't mention a pre-order, so I guess it's available now...?
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Really hope the cover for the Mermaid rerelease is decent .. I always double dip on it, but would like it to at least look pretty ! The Signature Editions haven't been released in the UK so will have to import from amazon.com annoyingly.
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

The good news is that the Disney Movie Club site now has an entry for an upcoming Anniversary Blu-Ray for The Little Mermaid Signature Collection. The bad news is, there's no entry for a 4K version. I have no idea why they would miss out on this opportunity, because they just released The Lion King in 4K as a Signature Collection Edition!
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Hardbackyoyo wrote:The good news is that the Disney Movie Club site now has an entry for an upcoming Anniversary Blu-Ray for The Little Mermaid Signature Collection. The bad news is, there's no entry for a 4K version. I have no idea why they would miss out on this opportunity, because they just released The Lion King in 4K as a Signature Collection Edition!
DMC doesn't always have pages for each version of release as a pre-order; for example, Incredibles 2 had no DVD-only option on the site initially, as a pre-order, but then they added it to the site. So maybe a TLM 4K will come...
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

They don't have a picture for it on the DMC website yet though, do they?

Does this mean the DMC will get a different cover / box or something? I had a thought the other day that maybe they might be planning to release the TLM TV series on DVD as part of the 30th anniversary. I know it would never happen, but it would be neat if they released a box set including the series with the original film and the DTV stuff.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Hardbackyoyo
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Hardbackyoyo »

Disney's Divinity wrote:They don't have a picture for it on the DMC website yet though, do they?
All they have are entries for Blu-Ray and DVD, with a picture of the lithograph you get when you pre-order.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Thanks. I just went and looked for myself out of curiosity over the lithograph. I'm surprised they don't have a release date somewhere on the page. I think I'll pass on getting it through the DMC unless we learn about something else exclusive. The picture chosen for a lithograph isn't that great of a shot (Ariel near the end of UtS, when Flounder whispers into her ear)... I noticed they also have the DTV sequels up for pre-order in Blu-ray format, with its own lithograph. That shot's actually a better one (from what they had to choose from anyway, considering the sequels are a much lower quality): Eric and Ariel holding out baby Melody, with Triton looking down on her.

I remember when I was a child and the film was released for the second time on VHS, my mom pre-ordered through the Disney Store and it came with four lithographs (one of Ursula at her vanity table and F&J swimming behind, which I have in a frame; one of Triton on his throne surrounded by his seven daughters, with Ariel pinning a pink flower behind his ear; I can't remember the other two right off, but I believe it was Ariel on the beach with Eric and the other was an "Under the Sea" shot of the various fish Sebastian sings about, I believe) in a holder that was beautiful all by itself. The cover of the holder was the logo shot from the opening of the film, and when you opened, there was Triton's palace holding the lithographs in place. Too bad Disney doesn't go all out anymore. *sigh*
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I noticed they also have the DTV sequels up for pre-order in Blu-ray format, with its own lithograph. That shot's actually a better one (from what they had to choose from anyway, considering the sequels are a much lower quality): Eric and Ariel holding out baby Melody, with Triton looking down on her.
The sequel/prequel are offered as a 2-movie collection and listed as an exclusive. Here are pictures of the lithos offered.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

They're not very original with their lithographs. The Little Mermaid Platinum Edition plus the very first DVD release of The Little Mermaid II had the same exact lithographs, both of which I have. Still, at least Ariel and Eric were on-model in TLMII lithograph which is more than I can say for the actual film itself.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I hope that the cover for The Little Mermaid's Signature release won't be with a white background, like Snow White or Pinocchio, but a full color artwork, like Peter Pan or The Lion King. And hopefully, they'll use different imagery.
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

Last time was one of the few times I had to really think about which version I wanted because both the 3D and the regular blu ray cover was amazing.

I don't expect them to let me down with this one. None of the TLM home video covers are bad.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

pikachufan1336 wrote:Last time was one of the few times I had to really think about which version I wanted because both the 3D and the regular blu ray cover was amazing.

I don't expect them to let me down with this one. None of the TLM home video covers are bad.
Except that one where Ariel's fins are like 80% of the cover, disproportionate and almost cover her whole.