The Walt Disney Signature Collection

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Walt Disney Signature Collection

Post by Disney's Divinity »

blackcauldron85: Do you have the previous release of Dalmatians to know if they carried over the same bonus features or if some were left off? I haven't accepted the offer on the site yet, and I was just curious.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

What is the animated short of Thunderbolt? Is that original animation for the DVD and Blu-ray or was it made when the film was originally made?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

It's based on the television episode that the dalmatians watch in the film during the TV scene. This short is the "next episode" to that so it begins with the cliffhanger of the last episode (shown in the movie) and provides a conclusion to that storyline.

I'm not sure when it was created though. I assumed it was created for the film's Platinum or Diamond release as I don't think it was created way back in the 60s.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

JeanGreyForever wrote:I assumed it was created for the film's Platinum or Diamond release as I don't think it was created way back in the 60s.
Yes, it was created in 2014 for the Diamond release of 101 Dalmatians based on an early draft of the scene by Bill Peet. It was produced by the Classic Projects (then Special Projects) division of WDAS and animated at Phil Nibbelink Productions. Fun fact: Floyd Norman who had worked as a story artist on the original returned to work on the short.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:blackcauldron85: Do you have the previous release of Dalmatians to know if they carried over the same bonus features or if some were left off? I haven't accepted the offer on the site yet, and I was just curious.
I have the 2-disc Platinum dvd...but going off of Luke's Diamond Edition review, this has the same exact bonus features:
https://www.dvdizzy.com/101dalmatians-bluray.html
This just has no digital copy. :(

*edit* I was going to show menu screens, but Photobucket's acting up.

Bonus Features
*The Further Adventures of Thunderbolt
*Lucky Dogs
*Dalmatians 101: Hosted by Cameron Boyce
*Walt Disney Presents The Best Doggoned Dog In The World (1961 Version)
Classic Bonus Features
*Redefining the Line: The Making of One Hundred and One Dalmatians
*Cruella De Vil: Drawn To Be Bad
*"Sincerely Yours, Walt Disney"
*Trailers + TV spots
*Promotional Radio Spots
*Music + More [Selena Gomez video, deleted songs, demos/alternates]

(This seems to have every previous bonus feature except for the Platinum's games?)

*edit* We just got our first Blu-ray player...when you press the stop button, it shows you the name of the disc- it says "101 Dalmatians Diamond Edition"
Disney's Divinity

Thank you! I was betting that they just carried over the Diamond’s features, which—while disappointing for people who have bought every edition—is fine for me considering I skipped most of the Diamond line.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Thanks for the info on the Thunderbolt short guys! I knew of him being in the original film, I was just wondering how they continued from that, back in the 60's or recently. Isn't that a really cool thing they did?
Last edited by Disney Duster on Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Disney's Divinity

stevemcqueen wrote:The Lion King: Walt Disney Signature Collection coming to 4K Blu-ray December 4th, 2018.
(Amazing) cover art:
http://i.imgur.com/WnJGuT1l.jpg
Source: Blu-ray.com
So do we know for sure now that this cover art isn't a thing, even as an exclusive somewhere (maybe BestBuy)? Just asking since it should be released around 2 weeks from now.

I am going to pick up TLK on Blu-ray soon, but I was only going to make it a priority to pick this up on release day for a chance to get a pretty cover. If this isn’t real, I’ll put TLK out of my mind for now, probably go with the older Signature release instead.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

TLM is the next Signature in 2019.
It appears that Disney’s The Little Mermaid will be the next animated feature to be added to the Walt Disney Signature Collection line of home video releases. The latest issue of the D23 magazine features an article on Disney magic coming in 2019 and includes The Little Mermaid: Signature Collection 30th-anniversary in-home release. No release date was given.

What D23 Had To Say:

"Fall in love with your favorite underwater squad all over again as it releases in 2019 with more gadgets and gizmos than you can ever imagine and features the beloved Academy Award-winning song 'Under the Sea' and Academy Award-nominated 'Kiss the Girl'".
Source: https://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/20 ... n-release/
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disney's Divinity

YESS!! Please have a pretty cover / steelbook! :D Hopefully more TLM pops will be coming out to cross-promote with it, too. Although--isn't it unusual for TLM to be released in the Spring?

I wonder if Dalmatians will get a wide Signature release next Fall? I'll be a little sad to see it downgraded from their 'elite' lines. I haven't got my order of the DMC exclusive in the mail yet. I got it along with TF&tH (the pretty DMC cover from a while back).
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I'm glad The Little Mermaid is getting released. Hopefully with a 4k as well.
It seems weird to though that Aladdin isn't released because of the remake.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Happy it's finally been confirmed although weird that such a high-profile title is getting a Spring release. I guess this means that Disney probably will wait until 2020 to release Fantasia. Sigh...guess we have to wait another year.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Awesome news! And did you hear, with "more gadgets and gizmos" than you can imagine? A lot of great bonus features?! I bet it'll come in 4k, too.
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Glad it’s getting a release ! But what is with that strap line .... underwater squad ?? :lol:
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

If you were to put me into a room with a gun to my head and ask what my favorite Disney movie is I would probably say The Little Mermaid. I have no memory of not loving it, to me it's the best Disney Renaissance film, Part of Your World was robbed for best song at the Oscars and is probably the best song in any movie ever except for maybe Somewhere over the Rainbow (FIGHT ME), even through all the controversy and all the B.S. it's gotten I never not loved it.

It's also one of the few movies where I double dip EVERY time it's released. Day 1 for me.

I'm a little surprised were getting this one before Cinderella but whatever!

YEAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Disney's Divinity

The Little Mermaid is my favorite film (Disney or otherwise), too, which makes every release an automatic purchase. I wouldn't have minded if Fantasia had been next though, since I'd like to get that film on Blu-ray. Same with Cinderella, which I would've upgraded in the past only I keep holding out hope it will get a new, improved restoration. Either way, I'll pick up its next Blu-ray release regardless if that doesn't happen. What are you gonna do? :what:
nachonaco
Special Edition

Post by nachonaco »

My guess is Aladdin will come with the home media release of the remake.
Man has a dream
And that's the start
He follows his dream
With mind and heart
And when it becomes a reality
It's a dream come true
For you and me!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I agree, "Part of Your World" is better than "Under the Sea". The Little Mermaid has got to be in Disney's top 5 best movies. If the only available Cinderella on Blu-ray has a botched restoration, yeah, what are you gonna do? I think Aladdin will come out with the remake, too.
Vlad
Collector's Edition

Post by Vlad »

I'm super excited about this one. It will look even better in 4K. :) My guess is that Aladdin will either come out in May/June, when the live-action feature is playing in theaters, or in September/October, when it will arrive on home video. But what is happening with Cinderella? I was expecting it to be released before The Little Mermaid. Maybe this is a good sign, and they're working on a new restoration. If they re-released The Lion King in 4K, I really hope they'll do the same for the other Signature titles, especially Snow White and Beauty and the Beast. I'm sure those two will look amazing in 4K. And Snow White needs to have a better cover art, than the one they did for the Signature release. I mean, it was okay, design-wise, but I hated the white background, and the fact that they didn't use different imagery on the characters themselves.
pikachufan1336
Gold Classic Collection

Post by pikachufan1336 »

TBH I don't think we'll be getting Aladdin Next year. Maybe The Jungle Book, also another princess movie gets it's 60th anniversary next year......