Dumbo (Live-Action)

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
D82
Signature Collection

Re: Dumbo (Live-Action)

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:There's a scene from the trailer where Mrs. Jumbo stares at a flock of white birds outside her cage. I'm not sure if they're storks or not but maybe the feather came from them.
I thought they were storks, but now that you mention it, storks' wings are partly black and here they seem to be all white. Though I've checked it and in the animated film they were completely white too, so I don't know. Maybe there are also storks that are like that. We'll see. The only thing we're sure of is that the feather doesn't come from the crows. :P

By the way, regarding "Baby Mine", I’ve noticed that the music of that extra bridge the covers of the song had is already present in the original song. It’s just the lyrics what was added to those other versions.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Sotiris »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

I like the new poster although I'm getting Captain America vibes from it lol. It's nice to get a better look at the other carnies though.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Great poster! And the characters look very burtonesque. The first full trailer will be released tonight during the CMA Awards according to the link.
Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

What a great poster. Devito playing another circus ringleader in a Burton movie. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NiYVoqBt-8
Disney's Divinity wrote:Devito playing another circus ringleader in a Burton movie. :lol:
It's true! He was also a rigleader in Big Fish.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Oh sh*t the trailer almost made me cry! I got the feels!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Great trailer! This looks much more faithful than Burton's Alice was and Dumbo is so cute. I'm also glad that Mrs. Jumbo isn't killed off as some people suspected she would be.
ImageImage
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

Great trailer and AMAZING poster. Disney really is on top of their poster designs lately! Loving this
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

That was a good trailer. I liked that they're including the Baby Mine sequence where Dumbo visits his caged mother. I hope the scene includes the song too and it's not just for the trailer. Dumbo's feather is now black even though in the teaser poster and trailer it was white. I wonder why they changed that and where the black feather came from since the crows don't appear in the film.

My only concern is the ending. The happy ending for Dumbo is being reunited with his mom and becoming a circus star which of course follows the original. However, it's hard to believe Dumbo being happy by remaining in captivity forever and getting exploited by a greedy circus owner. We all know how animals are treated in circuses and the living conditions there. While I understand showing the animals returning to the wild would be difficult in the context of this story, they could at least show that the circus goes to the hands of someone who genuinely cares about them and values their well-being above profit.
Musical Master
Anniversary Edition

Post by Musical Master »

That trailer was much better than the teaser no doubt about that; but I still have some doubts about the movie though... Ah well, we'll see how this turns out next year.
Disney, Pixar, Rodgers and Hammerstein, and Cinema fan
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

I also thought it was a good trailer. As I've mentioned in other occasions, I'm not a big fan of these live action remakes, but the fact that this film is directed by Tim Burton and that it's not the exact same story makes it a bit easier for me to accept. On the other hand, the new additions will probably make this film more conventional. I still have some faith in the director, though, so I think it might be a decent movie.
JeanGreyForever wrote:This looks much more faithful than Burton's Alice was and Dumbo is so cute.
I agree, Dumbo was very cute and his CGI animation was also quite well done.
Sotiris wrote:Dumbo's feather is now black even though in the teaser poster and trailer it was white. I wonder why they changed that and where the black feather came from since the crows don't appear in the film.
I doubt it because of the controversy against the characters in the original, but who knows, maybe they'll be in the film after all, though in a small non-speaking role. After all, Timothy Mouse also seems to be in it, though I guess he has as tiny a part as the mice in the live-action Cinderella, given that animals don't seem to speak in this remake.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Sotiris, maybe the ringmaster will have a change of heart and care more about all the animals?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Since the crows likely won't be speaking, I think they could be adapted without controversy brewing over. If anything, Disney will try and promote how progressive they are now with the new depictions, if they don't try and pretend that the original crows never existed.

And I forgot to mention earlier that I'm elated that Timothy is in the film. I'm sure his role will be minuscule, like the mice in the live-action Cinderella, but he's one of my favorite Disney sidekicks and so woefully underrated that I'm just glad he's making an appearance after all.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Since the crows likely won't be speaking, I think they could be adapted without controversy brewing over. If anything, Disney will try and promote how progressive they are now with the new depictions, if they don't try and pretend that the original crows never existed.
Yes, you may be right.
JeanGreyForever wrote:And I forgot to mention earlier that I'm elated that Timothy is in the film. I'm sure his role will be minuscule, like the mice in the live-action Cinderella, but he's one of my favorite Disney sidekicks and so woefully underrated that I'm just glad he's making an appearance after all.
When I saw him in the trailer, I thought of you. I knew you would be happy to know that he's in the film after all. I agree that Timothy is a great and underrated sidekick. But yes, his part here must be very small, especially since the kids seem to play his role as the main characters who help Dumbo.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Singer Aurora has presented her version of "Baby Mine" at the CCXP 2018 in Brazil. Here are some recordings from her performance.
Thanks for sharing those videos. I like her more haunting and ethereal take on the classic song.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^I really like her version too. I think she has done a great job adapting the song to her style.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The Japanese theatrical trailer is out and it features new footage.