Frozen II

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Frozen 2

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

I think everyone is done with the homophobia. But tbh, I'm perplexed at how the homophobia directed to something that is not officialized. There's no argument that the Frozen franchise enforces *le gasp* the gay agenda because 1) Elsa doesn't even have a girlfriend yet 2) It's not an agenda. It's life.

As for the date push, this puts Frozen 2 against an unknown Marvel/FOX movie. Since that Fox doesn't have a tight game with Marvel movies, Frozen 2 has the better advantage.
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

Kristen Bell is right in that honestly dismissing every other single Disney heroine out there and portraying Snow White and Cinderella as the "best" and the only ones with good morals is not really good. It just leads to women becoming catty, resentful of other women and passive to the point that their lives just become irrelevant.
I don't see how people from Fanpop and other crazy websites' opinion matters in the long run.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The same people who hate the idea of Elsa having a girlfriend because it would "push an evil gay agenda" already hate the film for supposedly "pushing an evil feminist agenda" for the simple fact that it depicts two sisters who love each other and makes the prince a villain. What a sick, sad world we're living in.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

thedisneyspirit wrote:Kristen Bell is right in that honestly dismissing every other single Disney heroine out there and portraying Snow White and Cinderella as the "best" and the only ones with good morals is not really good. It just leads to women becoming catty, resentful of other women and passive to the point that their lives just become irrelevant.
Who is portraying Snow White and Cinderella as the best women out there with the best morals? If anything, it's quite the opposite with everyone dissing these women for the newer heroines.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Jennifer Lee gives some new details about the sequel in the premiere of Ralph Breaks the Internet: https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1059648698957803521
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I loled at "Its Gone!" :lol:

btw I really hope that this isnt gonna be some sort of "midquel" set during their toddler years(with a framework of them in their current age reminiscing about their mom. )That would be really lazy and too DTV teir. But I could see them do that cuz it would appeal directly to the target audience (moms with little girls 8 & under.)
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

That really does sound like a direct-to-video that Disney would have made back in the 2000s. This plotline sounds better suited for one of the shorts or frankly even Disney Jr. than a full-fledged movie. I hope any flashbacks are brief just to set up a narrative and explain some details, not the crux of the movie.
ImageImage
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

yeah, b/c so far we what we know: lots of flashbacks, the mom is important, focus on the sister's relationship again, and two new characters we dont know about yet. And especially that it builds on, or "fills in the blanks" of, what we know of in the first film. All just screams flashback heavy midquel to me.

But hopefully Im wrong and its all just for an early flashback scene and the movie will focus on something more substantial.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Jennifer Lee gives some new details about the sequel in the premiere of Ralph Breaks the Internet
She didn't reveal a lot but at least now we know there are going to be 8 new songs in the movie.
unprincess wrote:I really hope that this isn't gonna be some sort of "midquel" set during their toddler years(with a framework of them in their current age reminiscing about their mom.
No need to worry. Jennifer Lee said Anna and Elsa will go far away from Arendelle in the sequel. So, there's no way it's a midquel of any kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:She didn't reveal a lot but at least now we know there are going to be 8 new songs in the movie.
That's the same number of songs the original film has, right?
Sotiris wrote:Jennifer Lee said Anna and Elsa will go far away from Arendelle in the sequel.
I know there have been a lot of Disney films with road trips lately, but I was a bit disappointed that the road trip part in Frozen was quite brief compared to the fairytale, so I'm glad it seems the sequel will focus more on that.
robster16
Special Edition

Post by robster16 »

How about they delve deeper into the connection between Anna and Elsa's parents and Tarzan.... They travel far to search for their long lost brother and you get Anna and Elsa in the jungle?! Just kidding haha

But maybe this has something to do with Elsa finding the origin of her powers for some reason?!
Candy-Bonita95
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Candy-Bonita95 »

Sotiris wrote:
Jennifer Lee said Anna and Elsa will go far away from Arendelle in the sequel.

I know there have been a lot of Disney films with road trips lately, but I was a bit disappointed that the road trip part in Frozen was quite brief compared to the fairytale, so I'm glad it seems the sequel will focus more on that.
I once had a dream that Anna and Elsa were on a tropical island like the Dominican Republic where's there's a lot of greenery. And Anna said, "It's so hot," and Kristoff makes the rebuttal claim, "Hey don't complain about winter next time." This does not mean my dreams predict the future. Maybe the idea of the Frozen characters travelling to somewhere else is in the collective conscious because the cast did go to Australia. (I doubt it was just for caves. America has caves. A trip to Kentucky or Idaho would have been cheaper.)

I highly doubt it's a midquel because midquels don't hold that much cinematic value. There's nothing fun about staying in the Arendelle castle. Disney wouldn't throw money for that to be in theatres regardless of the audience demographic.
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I forgot, we also know they will be using the Hidden Folk from the play, so maybe they travel to find them to know more about Elsa's powers or what happened to their parents.

Or, shall I hope, they travel tothe Southern Isles. :mischief:
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

unprincess wrote: Or, shall I hope, they travel tothe Southern Isles. :mischief:
I'd enjoy that lol. Although I don't think you need to spoiler tag that unless you're just afraid that openly wording it will jinx the possibility of it ever happening.
ImageImage
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

I know, lol, I was just being silly. :P Anyway we're starting to get more info for Toy Story 4, so hopefully soon well get something for Frozen 2, hopeful before the end of the year.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

From the D23 magazine

nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

unprincess wrote:I forgot, we also know they will be using the Hidden Folk from the play, so maybe they travel to find them to know more about Elsa's powers or what happened to their parents.

Or, shall I hope, they travel tothe Southern Isles. :mischief:
I’d love to see them go back to the fairy tale a bit and have them journey through the seasons in order to find the source of Elsa’s powers. Run into witches or different people who have powers associated with spring or summer along the way just like Elsa. Really kind of turn the original story into something more compelling. Maybe they come across the real Snow Queen. Maybe she even kidnaps Kristoff, like she does in the story. It could be a nice change of pace, being a little more faithful for once.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Disney's Divinity

Post by Disney's Divinity »

Yeah, baby! :lol: I'm sure there will be millions of tweets by bros whining about Frozen this holiday season.
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
thedisneyspirit
Anniversary Edition

Post by thedisneyspirit »

I preferred when Mexicans complained about the film once they put the short over Coco. :P