Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Re: Disney Animation on Blu-ray in 2018

Post by Farerb »

Seems like Disney UK is releasing a complete box set of the entire WDAS canon on blu ray:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Disney-Classic ... B07J5N2F9P
Pasta67
Anniversary Edition

Post by Pasta67 »

Wow, that box set looks snazzy. I was almost tempted, until I saw this disclaimer on the Amazon page...

"Please note for the Blu-ray collection that the 5 films below are DVD discs as they are not available on Blu-ray: Saludos Amigos (1943) The Three Caballeros (1945) Make Mine Music (1946) Melody Time (1948) The Black Cauldron (1985)."

The wait continues...
- John
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

The cover's really elegant. I wouldn't buy it though, because I have at least half of them on Blu-ray already at this point and I'm not rolling in dough. :lol:
Listening to most often lately:
Abi Carter ~ "Part of Your World" (live)
Taylor Swift ~ "The Alchemy"
Taylor Swift ~ "The Prophecy"
Escapay

Post by Escapay »

It also uses the UK canon listing, so it includes The Wild instead of Dinosaur, and doesn't include Winnie the Pooh either. Still, I like that the box-set is forward thinking and mentions that it includes a space for Ralph Breaks the Internet.

Also wonder if they're splitting Fun and Fancy Free and The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad onto separate discs, or if they'll use the same two-movie disc that has both of them (plus The Reluctant Dragon) together. And did the UK get separate releases for The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under, or were they on the same disc like the US?

Albert
WIST #60:
AwallaceUNC: Would you prefer Substi-Blu-tiary Locomotion? :p

WIST #61:
TheSequelOfDisney: Damn, did Lin-Manuel Miranda go and murder all your families?
Farerb
Diamond Edition

Post by Farerb »

I think I'm gonna pass as well. I already have the films I like on Blu-ray and I don't feel the need to own Chicken Little or Home on the Range as well. The book is gorgeous though. I wish it had been a collection of Walt's films only from 1937-1967 including Mary Poppins and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, then I would have probably bought it.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

The book is gorgeous and I love the posters included as well as disc art since the U.S. long since abandoned that for Disney features.
farerb wrote:I think I'm gonna pass as well. I already have the films I like on Blu-ray and I don't feel the need to own Chicken Little or Home on the Range as well. The book is gorgeous though. I wish it had been a collection of Walt's films only from 1937-1967 including Mary Poppins and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, then I would have probably bought it.
I would have preferred a Walt centric one as well.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

...I was hoping they were announcing TBC on Blu-ray finally. :(
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Sotiris wrote:Olaf's Frozen Adventure is getting a Blu-ray release on November 13, 2018.

So glad I didn’t purchase this on iTunes. I knew this would get a release someday lol.
Flanger-Hanger
Platinum Edition

Post by Flanger-Hanger »

farerb wrote:Seems like Disney UK is releasing a complete box set of the entire WDAS canon on blu ray:

Both Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros are available on Blu-ray via DMC. No excuse why those two should be DVD only.

Great idea on paper, but unless ALL 55 titles are Blu-ray, it's a bait and switch for consumers.
DisneyVillains
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyVillains »

Do we know what the 6 included tales are going to be on Olaf's Frozen Adventure?
"I admit that in the past I've been a nasty. They weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch"
-Ursula

"How sentimental. You know I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat."-Hades
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

DisneyVillains wrote:Do we know what the 6 included tales are going to be on Olaf's Frozen Adventure?
They will be (according the Best Buy Canada listing):

-The Hockey Champ
-The Art of Skiing
-Pluto's Christmas Tree
-Once Upon a Wintertime
-Winter
-Polar Trappers
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

Interesting that "Once Upon A Wintertime" is included....this is a segment from "Make Mine Music" which has yet to be released on Blu-Ray/HD...so I am curious if this means that the entire film has been remastered or just this short (it was released theatrically on it's on in the 50's)
REINIER
Anniversary Edition

Post by REINIER »

Flanger-Hanger wrote:
farerb wrote:Seems like Disney UK is releasing a complete box set of the entire WDAS canon on blu ray:

Both Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros are available on Blu-ray via DMC. No excuse why those two should be DVD only.

Great idea on paper, but unless ALL 55 titles are Blu-ray, it's a bait and switch for consumers.

You are absolutely right! And I too had that exact thought ; -) This could have been worth the effort if releasing all and finally...finally releasing Black cauldron!!!
When it comes to brains, I got the lion-share,
but when it comes to bruth strength, I'm afraid I'm at the shallow end of the gene pool
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

I heard through the grapevine that Melody Time/Make Mine Music and both Goofy movies are DMC exclusives for December
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

justcuttinhair wrote:I heard through the grapevine that Melody Time/Make Mine Music and both Goofy movies are DMC exclusives for December
That's great to hear. There's been a lot of speculation on both those films so far so it would be nice for them to finally get releases.
ImageImage
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

I've been looking and can't find one definitive spot. I'm looking for a) which bonus features were not imported to the blu-ray releases. I found this great post from Escapay in 2015... and b) How do you all store your movies? I had moved so many times over the past decade that I use binders, but I've read horror stories about disc deterioration. and some of my discs do have scratches and smudges. but buying replacement discs is risky (you buy ones more scratched up than yours ever would be)...I wish all were on digital download I think...
Jules
Diamond Edition

Post by Jules »

justcuttinhair wrote:I heard through the grapevine that Melody Time/Make Mine Music and both Goofy movies are DMC exclusives for December
Praying to Padre Pio that your source is right. :drool:
Wonderlicious
Diamond Edition

Post by Wonderlicious »

Escapay wrote:Also wonder if they're splitting Fun and Fancy Free and The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad onto separate discs, or if they'll use the same two-movie disc that has both of them (plus The Reluctant Dragon) together. And did the UK get separate releases for The Rescuers and The Rescuers Down Under, or were they on the same disc like the US?

Albert
I think both Rescuers films are only available together in the UK on Blu-Ray, and I believe the DVDs available are still the old editions from 2002 or so. I have The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad/Fun and Fancy Free (just got it for the former, to be honest), and it is the exact same disc as what the US has – I seem to remember it opens with an FBI warning!
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

The Rescuers Steelbook is only the first movie. They also have a regular edition that just features the first movie.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rescuers-Blu-r ... B008TAB00C
ImageImage
Mickeyfan1990
Collector's Edition

Post by Mickeyfan1990 »

DMC has revealed that Mickey's Christmas Carol will be re-released on Blu-ray/DVD combo pack soon!:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php? ... tcount=693

No word if there will be a retail release or if there will be a new transfer (which let's be honest, their should).