The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
Sotiris
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Re: The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

Post by Sotiris »

JeanGreyForever wrote:Do you mean the fairytale or that Russian CGI film that came out before Frozen did?
The fairytale, of course. I never watched that awful-looking Wizart film. You know, because the poster features a mirror, snow, and a young girl on a quest up in the mountains. It could totally pass as a teaser poster for a live-action adaptation of The Snow Queen.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Post by JeanGreyForever »

Lol. You're totally right though especially about the mirror frame. That was my first thought as well and I was confused as to why there's a mirror pictured here for the Nutcracker. Perhaps it's the framework of Drosselmeyer's grandfather clock.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

It's a shame that because of Frozen we'll never get a more faithful, traditional take on the fairytale in either medium by Disney.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New image. Does this come off as spoilery or homoerotic to you?

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/BozO9ImAub8 ... nutcracker
blackcauldron85

Post by blackcauldron85 »

Maybe every generation has their own Nutcracker? The doll represents Clara's mom's Nutcracker, and Philip is Clara's?
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

^That's a good theory.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Sotiris wrote:It's a shame that because of Frozen we'll never get a more faithful, traditional take on the fairytale in either medium by Disney.
Agreed. Although frankly that doesn't just apply to The Snow Queen anymore but basically any fairy tale that Disney has done in recent years, The Nutcracker included. They've long since diverted from the more traditional take.
ImageImage
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

blackcauldron85 wrote:Maybe every generation has their own Nutcracker? The doll represents Clara's mom's Nutcracker, and Philip is Clara's?
Just watch Clara’s dad ends up being the original nutcracker... Would not be surprised one bit.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

nomad2010 wrote:Just watch Clara’s dad ends up being the original nutcracker... Would not be surprised one bit.
It's an interesting theory but I doubt it. Her father seems too traditional and centered in reality to be from another world. Then again, you never know.

By the way, does anyone know if Clara and Philip end up together? There's some subtle romance between them but do they get separated in the end? Does he come back to our world or Clara stays in his?
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Sotiris wrote: By the way, does anyone know if Clara and Philip end up together? There's some subtle romance between them but do they get separated in the end? Does he come back to our world or Clara stays in his?
From what I read in the storybook, there's no romance between them. She just promises to visit him and the four realms another time but she goes back to the real world and Philip stays behind. No surprise ending with Philip turning out to be Drosselmeyer's nephew in the real world.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

New TV spot and new poster. They're really killing it with this artistic line of posters. They were created by Poster Posse.

I hope this movie becomes a success. It may not be the most original thing out there but it has a lot of worthwhile elements going on for it. A strong cast, great costumes, impressive set designs, beautiful art direction and cinematography, etc. I just don't want Disney to get discouraged from adapting original fairytales in live-action. Just remaking animated movies is not going to cut it. It'd be so great if they committed to producing big-budgeted, live-action adaptations of fairytales that WDAS hasn't touched yet.
Clindor
Gold Classic Collection

Post by Clindor »

Sotiris wrote:I hope this movie becomes a success. It may not be the most original thing out there but it has a lot of worthwhile elements going on for it. A strong cast, great costumes, impressive set designs, beautiful art direction and cinematography, etc. I just don't want Disney to get discouraged from adapting original fairytales in live-action. Just remaking animated movies is not going to cut it. It'd be so great if they committed to producing big-budgeted, live-action adaptations of fairytales that WDAS hasn't touched yet.
I agree!
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Another cool poster! And the promo revved up my excitement for the film, too!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

• The Nutcracker from the merchandise also appears in the film, as we can see in this TV spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQZ_jvQQJpk

• Here's another promo: https://twitter.com/thenutcracker/statu ... 4391429123

• And this website contains new art in the mobile wallpapers section: http://movies.disney.sg/the-nutcracker- ... 9IdHMcr.97

Sotiris wrote:They're really killing it with this artistic line of posters. They were created by Poster Posse.
Thanks for the info!
Sotiris wrote:I hope this movie becomes a success. It may not be the most original thing out there but it has a lot of worthwhile elements going on for it. A strong cast, great costumes, impressive set designs, beautiful art direction and cinematography, etc. I just don't want Disney to get discouraged from adapting original fairytales in live-action. Just remaking animated movies is not going to cut it. It'd be so great if they committed to producing big-budgeted, live-action adaptations of fairytales that WDAS hasn't touched yet.
I also agree. I'm not very optimistic about its box office results, but I hope it's successful too and that that makes Disney bet on more original movies.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

What beautiful TV spots!
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

• New featurettes: • And the soundtrack cover and tracklist have been revealed (spoiler warning, as always, for the tracklist).
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

The soundtrack cover is disappointing. The film has created much a lot of impressive visuals and beautiful imagery so reusing a character poster for Clara seems lazy and underwhelming.

I'm surprised they're calling Fall On Me an original song since it wasn't specifically written for the movie and debuted in a personal album first before the official soundtrack. I don't think it will be elidible for an Oscar.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

Keira Knightley Explains Why Her Daughter Can't Watch 'Cinderella' and 'The Little Mermaid'
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ms-1152741
Raf
Limited Issue

Post by Raf »

Sotiris wrote:Keira Knightley Explains Why Her Daughter Can't Watch 'Cinderella' and 'The Little Mermaid'
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... ms-1152741
Quite disappointing to hear it from one my favourite actresses. Her perspective on these two heroines' actions in their movies seems so wrong in my opinion.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Clip from the movie: https://youtu.be/v0Ik85Ezspg?t=103
Raf wrote:Her perspective on these two heroines' actions in their movies seems so wrong in my opinion.
I agree. I respect her opinion, but I think she probably shouldn't bite the hand that feeds her. Mackenzie Foy doesn't seem to share the same view on that: https://youtu.be/z6wckCJ2sjY?t=44
Sotiris wrote:I'm surprised they're calling Fall On Me an original song since it wasn't specifically written for the movie and debuted in a personal album first before the official soundtrack. I don't think it will be elidible for an Oscar.
Yeah, it's clear it wasn't specifically made for the movie. I don't think it will be eligible for the Oscar either.