The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Re: The Nutcracker and the Four Realms

Post by JeanGreyForever »

It's possible that the one in the movie will look different than the one used in merchandise especially since there are more than just one nutcracker dolls that exist so we might see an army of them to combat the army of mice.

Yeah, I'm not happy with the name either but at least it's spelled different from Aurora's Phillip if that's any consolation. If they had kept the German setting, they could have gone with a German name as well.
ImageImage
We’re a dyad in the Force. Two that are one.
"I offered you my hand once. You wanted to take it." - Kylo Ren
"I did want to take your hand. Ben's hand." - Rey
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

This is the song that will play over the end credits of the film: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChcR2gKt5WM

It's performed by Andrea Bocelli and his son, Matteo Bocelli. The song is also part of the artist's new album "Si":
The 16-track album (due out Oct. 26), which a release says celebrates "love, family, faith and hope," also features a musical collaboration with Bocceli's 20 year-old son, Matteo Bocelli titled "Fall On Me." It's the end credits song from the upcoming Disney movie The Nutcracker and The Four Realms (Nov. 2), starring Keira Knightley, Mackenzie Foy, Helen Mirren and Morgan Freeman, and is available now.
Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... osh-groban

And the movie has been rated PG for some mild peril.
Disney Duster
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney Duster »

That song is kinda nice. I don't get how it fits The Nutcracker though.

I think it's perfectly alright for there to be more than one Disney prince with a particular name.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

It bothers me a little, but Disney's live-action films tend to be forgotten pretty quickly and this one especially seems like it'll follow suit so I'm not putting too much weight into it.
ImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney Duster wrote:That song is kinda nice. I don't get how it fits The Nutcracker though.
The only way I see in which it may fit the film is that it seems to be about the special bond between a parent and a child and it looks like in The Nutcracker Clara's relationship with her mother will be quite important in the story. It would've been more fitting had it been sung by a mother and a daughter, though. Anyway, I don’t think this song was made specifically for the movie, I think Disney just needed a song for the end credits and picked this one that already existed. Otherwise, I don’t think it would've been released on Andrea Bocelli's album first.

Sotiris wrote:Disney referring to the movie as just "The Nutcracker" in TV spots and other promo material proves they should have just named it that from the beginning. Everyone's going to be calling that, anyway.
Sometimes when a story is very well-know, as it's the case with The Nutcracker, people are not willing to pay to see the same story being adapted again. I think Disney feared that could happen and they named it The Nutcracker and the Four Realms to emphasize that it isn't a straight adaptation but rather a new adventure set in the same world.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

I had considered the parent child bond, D82, I just think if that's the connection, it's a weak one. But you may be right about the song existing before the film. You may be right about the title of the film and Disney wanting it to seem like a new story, too.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

New details about the sets and costumes in this article that includes a featurette: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... ker-design
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Thanks for sharing. I love how unlike the rest of Disney's fantasy CGI films, this was is actually utilizing practical sets. Everything about the production design increases my interest in the film, just as everything about the general plotline causes my interest to wane. We'll see which one ends up prevailing lol.

I do hope that the Disney Store ends up releasing that Faberge type egg as a limited edition collectible like they did for Cinderella's glass slipper and Lumiere and Cogsworth for the live-action versions of those films.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

Yes, the art and production values are so cool, but I also liked the bit of story developments we glimpsed. Clara getting swallowed by the Mouse King, and trying to "fix" something wrong in the realms.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

• New promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3jc7vdKPtg

• The last two TV spots in widescreen format: • And pintable coloring and activity sheets: http://www.thebraggingmommy.com/printab ... s-nov-2nd/
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Disney Duster wrote:Yes, the art and production values are so cool, but I also liked the bit of story developments we glimpsed. Clara getting swallowed by the Mouse King, and trying to "fix" something wrong in the realms.
Where is the scene of Clara getting swallowed by the Mouse King? I haven't seen that yet, or I can't remember it.
ImageImage
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

It was in the video here: https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/20 ... ker-design

EDIT: Had to remove the picture of Clara getting swallowed by the Mouse King, it was too big, wrecked the page.
Last edited by Disney Duster on Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Thanks for posting. I barely noticed that scene actually. It'll be interesting if that really is the Mouse King or just his army of mice.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:And printable coloring and activity sheets
The coloring pages were drawn by Amy Mebberson of Pocket Princesses fame.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Sotiris wrote:The coloring pages were drawn by Amy Mebberson of Pocket Princesses fame.
The drawings from these coloring pages are quite good.
JeanGreyForever wrote:It'll be interesting if that really is the Mouse King or just his army of mice.
They said that in this version the Mouse King is made up of lots of regular mice, but I'm also starting to fear that maybe there's no Mouse King and it's just Mother Ginger's army of mice that have the ability of assembling and forming a big mouse. I’d prefer he had his own personality and wasn’t just a collective entity, but we’ll see. Anyway, given that Mother Ginger is the main villain here, if he's in the film, he’ll probably be just her henchman.
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

D82 wrote:
JeanGreyForever wrote:It'll be interesting if that really is the Mouse King or just his army of mice.
They said that in this version the Mouse King is made up of lots of regular mice, but I'm also starting to fear that maybe there's no Mouse King and it's just Mother Ginger's army of mice that have the ability of assembling and forming a big mouse. I’d prefer he had his own personality and wasn’t just a collective entity, but we’ll see. Anyway, given that Mother Ginger is the main villain here, if he's in the film, he’ll probably be just her henchman.
In the original, he's got multiple heads so I figured this was their take on that, but I have the same feeling you do that he'll just be composed of an army of mindless and voiceless mice who will serve as henchmen and nothing else.
ImageImage
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

I don't believe this character poster has been posted here before.

Source: https://pop.inquirer.net/62097/disneys- ... er-posters
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
JeanGreyForever
Signature Collection

Thanks for posting. Hadn't seen that before.
ImageImage
nomad2010
Special Edition

Post by nomad2010 »

NEW TV SPOT

https://youtu.be/zuKmSxKXrjo

We finally have a nutcracker, and a character actually uses the word “nutcracker” for the first time.
disneyprincess11
Diamond Edition

Post by disneyprincess11 »

Finally! So, the Nutcracker is life-spin. Clever twist!