Tangled: The Series

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Re: Tangled: The Series

Post by bradhig »

The series started again? Where can I watch it online?
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

^ I don't know the user name, but if you type the episode titles into YouTube, someone has the newest episodes uploaded each as parts 1-8.

I can't remember, is this the first time the monkey fortuneteller has appeared on the show? I know there was a deleted scene for the film that featured it. This episode was decent. At least there was a cameo of the two child thieves from the first season, and Rapunzel/Flynn were wearing their old clothes again (at first I thought this was a rerun of a S1 episode because of that).
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
bradhig
Anniversary Edition

Post by bradhig »

Got Disney Now on Apple TV. Why did Rapunzel changer her outfit?
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I can't remember, is this the first time the monkey fortuneteller has appeared on the show?
Yes, it is. Apart from that deleted scene, he's also featured in the end credits of the movie. Maybe that's why you thought he could have appeared in the show before.
bradhig wrote:Why did Rapunzel change her outfit?
I also wonder why she and Eugene have been wearing their old clothes again in the last two episodes.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity

This last episode--"King Pascal"--is the first I've enjoyed since the Forest episode where Adira and Flynn had the fodder cartoon fight. My only thought is just... I know this is a kid's show, but can we get somewhere already? The plot is dragging so slooooooooooow. I wonder how many episodes of the 2nd season are left and if this will get a third season or not? I’ll admit the 2nd hasn’t been too great thus far and Disney apparently has no confidence in the show considering it only airs once a week, no re-runs whatsoever (not even on Disney Junior).

Btw, I went ahead and bought the digital album. The music for this is actually really addictive... "Set Yourself Free," "I've Got This," and the Bedingfield theme are my favorite songs from the first season, but even something like "Listen Up"--which I thought was fodder at the time--is really fun. Hopefully S2 ends soon, so I can buy the music for it already. :D
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Synopsis for the last two episodes before a hiatus on September:
There’s Something About Hook Foot (Sunday, August 19, 2018)
Hook Foot becomes in love with a mermaid who has some ulterior motives.

Happiness Is… (Sunday, August 26, 2018)
A homesick Rapunzel discovers a mysterious idol with the power to bring instant happiness to whomever holds it, but its power threatens to tear the group apart.
Source: http://tangledbea.tumblr.com/post/17704 ... v-schedule

Disney's Divinity wrote:I wonder how many episodes of the 2nd season are left and if this will get a third season or not? I’ll admit the 2nd hasn’t been too great thus far and Disney apparently has no confidence in the show considering it only airs once a week, no re-runs whatsoever (not even on Disney Junior).
Eight episodes have aired so far and there'll be two more before the hiatus. The first season had more than 20 episodes, so there must be at least 10 episodes left of this current season. I guess those last episodes will advance the main plot more. The show has already been renewed for a third season, so, unless the ratings of the second season are really bad, I think we'll get that last one.

The last episode wasn't bad, but it was similar to the episode from season 1 that was also centered on Pascal. And the tribe from that island reminded me of the Kakamora from Moana. Forest of No Return is one of my favorites from this season so far too, along with the first episode/TV movie. I agree that the first season was better, but I've also enjoyed these latest fantasy adventures.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

There was a new song in the last episode called “Hook Foot’s Ballad”. Too bad it was so short: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE7xEuUv-uk

I didn't know if I would like the episode because I don't like Hook Foot much, but it wasn't bad. I think Seraphina will return in a future episode.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity

D82 wrote: Eight episodes have aired so far and there'll be two more before the hiatus. The first season had more than 20 episodes, so there must be at least 10 episodes left of this current season. I guess those last episodes will advance the main plot more. The show has already been renewed for a third season, so, unless the ratings of the second season are really bad, I think we'll get that last one.
That's good to know. I had went to Wikipedia and saw the first season had 20 eps, then wondered if the 2nd would have the same number or not. I thought "The Forest of No Return" was a good episode, too.

I liked both the Pascal and Hookfoot episodes, but I wonder if part of that was just the change in attire/scenery? :lol:
Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

Tangled Ever After has only just popped up on Disney Life, with no signs of the rest of the season. BUT the good news is, it has now appeared on iTunes, listed as Tangled: The Series, Vol 1. Only £8.99 so will have fun watching that in the coming weeks. Just wanted to let everyone know from the UK if they hadn't been able to see it yet :)
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Atlantica
Signature Collection

Post by Atlantica »

I absolutely love these ! Remind me of the Tinkerbell ones they used to do.

I have no idea why they can't do them for more of the Princesses, and pop them in front of feature film releases.
Sotiris

Post by Sotiris »

D82 wrote:Another new short
This is the 5th short this season. They only released 4 "short cuts" last season. I wonder why they're making more of these. Do they need more online promotion for the show?
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

^Maybe.

I also love them, Atlantica. I think the shorts they've released this season are better than the previous ones. Rapunzel is hillarious in all of them.
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

The last one was a good episode in my opinion. I think this will be the last to take place on the island. When the series returns after the hiatus, I think they will begin to center on the main plot again. At least I hope so, though I enjoy the filler episodes too.
Matt
Anniversary Edition

Post by Matt »

Is the whole first season on DVD?
Disney's Divinity

I don't think so. I believe only the 2-parter "movie" episodes were released on DVD. But somebody else might know better than I do.
D82 wrote:The last one was a good episode in my opinion. I think this will be the last to take place on the island. When the series returns after the hiatus, I think they will begin to center on the main plot again. At least I hope so, though I enjoy the filler episodes too.
I thought it was a cute episode, too. I haven't watched any of the shorts yet aside from the one where Pat Carroll debuted (while the first season was airing).
D82
Signature Collection

Post by D82 »

Disney's Divinity wrote:I don't think so. I believe only the 2-parter "movie" episodes were released on DVD. But somebody else might know better than I do.
Yes, I think only Tangled Before Ever After and Queen for a Day have been released on DVD. The third of these movies, Secret of the Sun Drop, hasn't been released on DVD either.

Disney's Divinity wrote:I haven't watched any of the shorts yet aside from the one where Pat Carroll debuted (while the first season was airing).
Here are all the shorts released so far in case you want to watch them:

Season 1
Check Mate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXBFzOw ... xBksQnRHqd
Prison Bake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCQapDC ... d&index=39
Make Me Smile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4uzV7z ... xBksQnRHqd
Hare Peace: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BewEMkh ... d&index=37

Season 2
Night Bite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24rDGWc ... xBksQnRHqd
Hiccup Fever: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17iSmjM ... xBksQnRHqd
Snowball: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_PT9YT ... xBksQnRHqd
Hairdon't: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDTBzGb ... xBksQnRHqd
Unicorn-y: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2rr0VV ... d&index=58
justcuttinhair
Gold Classic Collection

Post by justcuttinhair »

I have not really enjoyed any of the episodes post the “something about the spire”( the title escapes me). Y favorite thus far have been “Forest of No Return “ , “Freebird” and “beyond the corona walls “. Do any fellow fans feel that we will learn the mystery of the black rocks by the season’s end? It is the show’s central story, so I am curious what would be introduced as another main plot device.