Funko POP! Disney

All topics relating to Disney-branded content.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Re: Funko POP! Disney

Post by SpaceAce »

It was a new one. Said Rapunzel TV Series of something to that effect. I'll look and see if I can find the leak again.

The Minis from the Disney Treasures are same scale as the Princess and Companions line, The Villains and Companions line, Alice Through the Looking Glass and Moana lines.

Also a new leak is that Target is getting a 10 inch Mickey Pop. I got the Scrooge McDuck one so I am excited about Mickey being the next Disney one. Just hope I able to get one.
DisneyBluLife
Gold Classic Collection

Post by DisneyBluLife »

Are anyone going to buy the Doug TV-show Pops too? They are really great looking (my favorite is Patti of the three normal versions) and Doug was a really awesome Disney show. :)
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

thanks SpaceAce for the info! I def want that Winter Belle mini!

what do you all think of the new 5 Star line? they seem to be Funko's version of Japan's Nendroids. I love the Harry Potter and Batman ones, but the Aladdin ones... I don't know, they look odd to me, especially Jasmine. I don't think they translated well to this new style. I do love the new mystery minis which is weird as I didn't really like that mini style for Frozen or the Heroes/Villains series, I preferred the "doll" like style they used for the Princess/companions & Harry Potter series.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

I saw the 5 Star Harry Potter figures in person last week and for the price point they look nice. I will for sure pick up The Nightmare Before Christmas ones and maybe the Aladdin ones.
Disney's Divinity
Ultimate Collector's Edition

Post by Disney's Divinity »

You know, Tamatoa is a lot smaller than I expected. I have him sitting next to several other villain pops right now, but I’ll probably move him because he looks tiny next to them (despite the fact the character should be three times their size).The Black Lady pop looks even better in person than online. So glad I got her. Hopefully Queen Nehelenia will be released soon. The Ariel Treasure pop is good. Not great and definitely not worth the price tag, but I do like it.

The next on the to-get list will be Prince Ali, Genie, KH3 Sora, and the 4 Digimon pops. I wonder what else Disney might release this year? Is it possible even more Aladdin pops will come out than have been revealed, considering Tourist Genie still hasn’t appeared?
Listening to most often lately:
Ariana Grande ~ "we can't be friends (wait for your love)"
Ariana Grande ~ "imperfect for you"
Kacey Musgraves ~ "The Architect"
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

The next Disney Treasures box releases at Hot Topic online and in stores in August 23rd. Theme is Villains and box looks like the Queens heart box from Snow White.
Widdi
Anniversary Edition

Post by Widdi »

Really excited for the Villains box. The box alone is gorgeous. My gut instinct is a "Magic Mirror on the Wall..." Movie Moment just based on how the Pop from the last box was directly tied to the box art and the Evil Queen pop is still very common and doesn't really need an update. Though I could see them doing a variant of her holding the Huntsman's box. If they do do a variant I hope it is a two Pop box and we get one of the lesser loved villains. Frollo, Lady Tremaine or Governor Radcliffe would be my guess.

Also excited that it seems like we're getting one of these boxes a month, at least for now.
Disney's Divinity

I hate that they've hooked me again with these Treasures.... I would love if the box had both the Magic Mirror and The Evil Queen holding the box for SW's heart, but if I had to pick between them, I'd rather have the former than the latter. Yes, I'd love to have Lady Tremaine, but I think we'll have to wait for a Cinderella wave--whenever that is--before we'll get her.

Seems like they've given up on less well-known characters like Smee, The Rescuers, etc. now they're at HotTopic.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Hot Topic is making the decisions of what is in the boxes now that they are the retailer for them.
Disney's Divinity

I know. Sorry, I worded that in a weird way.

My only hope is that another Movie Moment, for Snow White, because I don't generally care about the Moments.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

On no worries. :) I really hope the Mini is Gaston.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Hot Topic revealed their exclusives for August on Periscope last night

Three new Jack Skellington Pops 2 different Day of the Dead versions and a Diamond Collection version
Mystery Mini Nightmare Before Christmas Pop Snowglobes (They will be available everywhere but Hot Topic has a few exclusive to them.)
A vinyl Jack Skellington skull with an illustration of Jack in the woods on it
Pocket Pop Keychains of Glow in the Dark Zero and Dapper Jack Skellington

They also officially announced the Disney Treasures Villains box, but did not reveal the contents.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Some new leaks

Pop!

Star Vs The Forces of Evil
- Star
- Marco
- Ludo
- Tom

Super Cute Plushies

Aladdin
- Aladdin
- Abu
- Genie
- Jasmine
- Rajah

Hercules
- Baby Hercules
- Baby Pegasus
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Splash Mountain Pop! Rides w/ Br'er Rabbit and Br'er Bear Parks Exclusive releasing on August 25th.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmWzYvPBKRj ... =dis.funko
DC Fan
Anniversary Edition

Post by DC Fan »

As a Villains fan let me guess, and please share your thoughts, on possibilities of the sill waiting to be made:

- many from Pinoccio to choose from but I think that Honest John and even Monstro could happen; don´t know about the rest.

-Lady Tremaine: I´m sure it´ll happen eventually

-Si and Am: Maybe. On a two pack figure.

-Madam Mim: Eventually. The Sword in the Stone seems to me like a Robin Hood set.

-Edgar: Not likely.

-Madame Medusa: Don´t think so.

-The Horned King: Really wish for it to happen but very unlikely.

-Professor Rattigan: Will happen.

-Roscoe and DeSoto are the candidates from Oliver and Company but don´t think so.

-McLeach: Don´t know but certainly fares better than Madame Medusa.

-Governor Ratcliffe: Could happen.

-Frollo: Will happen.

-Shan Yu: Maybe.

-Clayton: Maybe

-Flame Bird: Could happen.

-Kron: Not likely.

-Commander Rourke: Not likely.

-Scroop: Maybe.

-Alameda Slim: Maybe.

-Bowler Hat Guy: Maybe.

-Mother Goethel: Will happen.

-Hans: For sure! ; not that the character is popular by any means (I hate him) but it´s Frozen! They will milk this movie for whatever it´s worth. I´m surprised myself it hasn´t happened already.

...at this point I guess they´ll wait for around the time Frozen 2 will debut to release a last batch of characters from the first and finally make him.
SpaceAce
Gold Classic Collection

Post by SpaceAce »

Funko officially revealed all their Nightmare Before Christmas 25th Anniversary items.

https://www.funko.com/blog/article/comi ... nniversary

Really like the Movie Moments. Dread the hunt for the Walgreens Exclusive Devil Pop.
Disney's Divinity

Things I could see being in the Villains box:

- Evil Queen variant holding the box for Snow White's heart
- The Magic Mirror
- Evil Queen Movie Moment (sitting on her throne or at the Magic Mirror)
- The Witch and Snow White Movie Moment (Snow White being tempted to bite the apple)
- Mother Gothel
- Possibly Prince Hans
- Another Jafar variant (Aladdin has been getting a ton of pops this year, surprisingly/fortunately), or perhaps a Jafar Movie Moment of some kind (Cobra Jafar v. Aladdin?)
- Lady Tremaine. Although I'd love to finally get her, I think this is more likely to be saved for whenever Cinderella finally gets a wave all its own. A box of her and an Ugly Sister two-pack would be worth the price though.
- Poor Unfortunate Souls Movie Moment--less likely, considering TLM has headlined two of the past three boxes.
- The Prince v. Dragon Maleficent Movie Moment
- Two as-of-yet-unmade villains like Mim, Medusa, Shan-Yu, Frollo, Hans, etc. etc.
- I could also see a repeat of the Cruella + Ursula two-pack, where they package two new variants together. Evil Queen with Box + Jafar (white Sultan garb, Old Man disguise, or pointed-hat sorcerer outfit)?

My personal choices would be: 1. (First choice) The Magic Mirror (not a Movie Moment), 2. A 2-pack of Hans and Gothel, 3. A Cinderella stepfamily 3-pack. Although I'd love to get a variant of Jafar in the white Sultan outfit. He only wears it for a hot second in the movie, but it's my favorite look of his followed by the Cobra transformation.
ProfessorRatigan
Special Edition

Post by ProfessorRatigan »

Personally, I hope that the Queen is only a Mini, a Dorbz or a Rock Candy and that the Pop will be a character that either hasn't been done, or is a Variant that would be hard to justify doing as a standalone. I've heard rumors it's going to be Captain Hook and Tick-Tock, and I HOPE that that isn't the case. That would be pretty meh.

Things that could end up being in the box and my thoughts on them:

A six-inch Night on Bald Mountain Chernabog. Would be awesome and they could definitely improve on the retired Chernabog sculpt.

I doubt Lady Tremaine will be in these types of subscription boxes, as Cinderella can support a wave or two of figures, including her, the Stepsisters, the Fairy Godmother, a Ride of the Carriage, the Prince and Lucifer, at least. Plus, it's such a POPULAR film, it wouldn't make sense, in my eyes, to make the MAIN VILLAIN hard to get. But, Funko gonna Funko, so, who knows?

Mad Madame Mim would be cool, but I'd rather see a wave of Sword in the Stone figures (like Robin Hood's) that just gives us the core characters (Merlin, Wart, Mim and Archimedes) because I don't feel like it'd be a big enough seller to justify the lesser-known cast.

The Sheriff of Nottingham would be a fantastic choice. Round out the Robin Hood set. Would not mind if he was the Pop at all..

Madame Medusa would be a GREAT pick, because I don't see them making anymore Rescuers Pops, unfortunately. Would be thrilled to see her.

The Horned King would be another that I'd slide into one of these boxes, especially an October themed one. Again, would be happy to have him.

Professor Ratigan I just want to get period. In any shape or form. If he's in one of these, so be it. I just want him made!

Flotsam & Jetsam would be cool. But I think they'll be in a Little Mermaid wave (along with King Triton, Prince Eric and Max, hopefully).

McLeach I don't see happening. Even though he and Joanna would be great.

LeFou? Maybe. But I'd be disappointed. I WANT him, I just feel like other Villains would be better picks.

A 6-inch Cobra Jafar would be dope. That would be a top want. I'd also like the Beggar Jafar and Sultan/Sorcerer versions. But, Cobra is top of the list.

I don't want Frollo in here, as I want to see Hunchback get its own line (like Hercules and the latest Aladdin waves).

I could see Shan-Yu getting stuck in one of these boxes. Ditto Mother Gothel.

So, my top hopes are, in order:
1. Six-inch Chernabog
2. Six-inch Cobra Jafar
3. Professor Ratigan
4. Madame Medusa
5. The Sheriff of Nottingham
6. The Horned King
unprincess
Collector's Edition

Post by unprincess »

they wont make Hans. I think they consider Frozen to be a franchise that only interests little girls and their moms and they feel most of them wouldn't want anything to do with Hans. Only explanation I have for why he's been completely left out despite all the Frozen stuff they've made.

Frozen 2 will probably get new set based on the sequel so Elsa/Anna in new dresses, the new characters, and lots more Olaf. :roll: Kristoff and Sven will get something if they're lucky. Hans may only be considered if he's redeemed(and prob as a hard to find exclusive or chase), thats if he's even in the sequel. Its looking more and more like he wont be.
Disney Duster

Post by Disney Duster »

But Funko Pops are more adult-oriented, so I would think adult collectors want Hans.

For future Pops, I wonder if they would make a "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo" Movie Moment. Or '"So This is Love". Or "Beauty and the Beast" (the dance). Or "Once Upon a Dream". But I don't buy these, I just think it would be cool to see and maybe others would like those?

It was really amazing Disney's Divinity predicted the "Part of Your World" Ariel on a rock pop. Bravo!